Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 2:26 AM
Default split lvl stairs on a foundation
hey!
sorry if i missed an already existing thread, but can anyone tell me if the mike inside tutorial for split lvl stairs on a foundation ( for sims 2 ) does work in sims 3 too? i know that some of the old tutorials work, others do not. i found a number of tutorials creating split lvl stairs, but only without foundation for sims 3..
would be great if someone could link a tutorial or give a hint, thanks

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
and you have burned so very, very brightly, roy.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 8:28 PM
I'm not familiar with the tutorial you are referencing. Maybe post a link?

There is a very good tutorial here at MTS on split level stairs in S3 by plasticbox found here .

This tutorial doesn't include using a foundation but the principal is the same. At step 1 put down a foundation first then place the walls on it. When you get to step 3 (after using stairs to "dig" a hole) use the sledge hammer tool to delete the stairs and place a one square foundation in the bottom of the hole. Then build a section of wall on the foundation square in the hole and use that to level the split in the stairs. Doing this adds the height of the foundation to the level. I hope this helps.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 9:22 AM
thanks a lot, i'll try this
here is the link for what i've tested but it didn't work for me..
http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...all2/index.html
mike has many tutorials i've tried, but i'm getting crazy with the dig tool ^^ the stairs didn't work for this tutorial by the way.. -.-
thank you for the hint, i'll let you know if it worked

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
and you have burned so very, very brightly, roy.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:47 PM Last edited by GiveTheNineARide : 6th Nov 2009 at 2:15 AM.
I skimmed through the turorial you linked. The concept he used works well in S2, but in S3 counting clicks does not work the same, or actually at all for accuracy. That is why in the tutorial I linked to the stairs are used as a measuring device. Each set of stairs equals 1/4 of the full height wall, thus 2 sets of stairs equals half the wall height. Then in my explanation I use the foundation in the hole to add "that" height back.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.