Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Buying clothing at Uni?
For some reason, whenever I got to the community lots and try to buy clothing for my young adults, the game freezes, and after several minutes it finally says "This application will terminate" and TS2 closes.

I don't have any hacks or recolors installed.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

It's happened on both Maxis lots and my own smaller, user-created lot.

Before now, I had no troubles with buying clothing at community lots. I reset my graphics settings back to what they were before University was installed, which are much lower than what it thinks I should be running at.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Ivy
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 11:48 PM
Here is what I did to solve this problem:

I deleted all clothes out of my downloads folder. I had a few hundred items.

After deleting *just* the clothes, I was again able to buy clothing at the community lots.

I don't know yet exactly which article of clothing caused it to crash. Until someone comes up with a way to easily detect non-compatible or corrupted files, you'd have to test them all by hand.

Which is something I don't know if I'm quite ready to do at the moment because I'm rather depressed about it...all my clothing worked just fine before installing university.

Ivy
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:51 AM
You mentioned you didn't have any hacks, but did you have any meshes (newly shaped clothes) in your Downloads? Perhaps one of those was the culprit?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
You mentioned you didn't have any hacks, but did you have any meshes (newly shaped clothes) in your Downloads? Perhaps one of those was the culprit?

There are only 3 places I have downloaded clothing from.

They are:

The exchange, which I have not downloaded anything from since December, and by then, I was only downloading stuff from hppymoonbelly, which appeared to be all recolors, no new meshes.

And http://www.all-about-style.com/index.html ; which the instant the mesh warning went up, I stopped downloading from.

And this site: http://www.simplyskintastic.com/ ; which I stopped downloading from when the Valentine's apparel came out. I did not download them, for several reasons. I never saw a notice of new meshes on there, but I figured since I'd not seen any elderly lingerie like that, that it was probably a new mesh.

So it's possible that I missed a mesh somewhere. I didn't even think that the clothing meshes would cause it to crash like that :o .

I'm extremely picky about where and what I download, which is why it came as a complete shock when I figured out that the clothes, which I'd thought were safe, were causing the issue. Good to know that it's possible there's a mesh in there somewhere, maybe I can narrow it down easier now.

Thanks,

Ivy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 1:20 AM
Okay, I have dug deeper into this issue.

It is *not* a new mesh causing the error.

All of my most recent clothing works fine.

It is not caused by having subfolders either, I don't have any of those, and like I said, everything was working correctly before I installed University.

Next step is to go one by one thru the rest of them I guess and try and see which one is causing the issue.

I'm puzzled by it...it's a very weird error.

Ivy
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:00 AM
None of my genetics, makeup, walls, floors, anything are working! How can I fix this? *sobs*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:35 PM
I wish I knew...I can't figure out my issue still...

Ivy