Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#101 Old 5th May 2014 at 8:01 PM
It occurs to me that I need to build an elder version of the Roomies and stick them into Pleasantview, along with a few cats and adopted descendents, and tie them in with their neighbors. An iteration of Melissa was the first sim I ever had make it to the top of a career - she became Captain Hero - so I could use SimPE and cheats to make her a retired Captain Hero, with relationships in the neighborhood. Unfortunately I don't remember what job that iteration of Chris had, or what their adopted daughter was named, and without a reference (I should find a reference) for the original house it would be a bit of a pain in the neck to recreate the house as I eventually built it for them. I always put them in the mock-tudor on the lake front, and expanded. I have a general memory of what the expansions looked like but I know as soon as I get into build mode I'm going to get lost on specifics.

Still, now that I've thought of doing this, I'm determined to get it done.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 5th May 2014 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@AndrewGloria I think you are missing 1 or more of the patches because the burglary dose not happen in my patched game until they are asleep at midnight.
I have had them stay up 3 days in a roll and did not get the burglar to come until they were asleep at midnight the 4th night.
Also that first kiss with self I have never seen in a patched game but I have had it once when I thought I had all the patches but I found out I missed one and now after the patch was put in I have never seen it again.

AndrewGloria has said in the past that he just has Double Deluxe with no other EPs. In my experience I could never get patches to work with my Double Deluxe, and the common theory is that its already patched. So I'm wondering if its a later patch for an later EP that fixed that.
Mad Poster
#103 Old 5th May 2014 at 9:25 PM
Well then he/she should at least try the Nightlife Patch for this is the one I was thinking about for the "Kiss Self" memory.
Quote:
Sims will no longer get a memory of making out with themselves in the hot tub under certain conditions.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...elp:TS2_Patches
May want to try both the DVD and CD patch for the base game to and see if it will take.

I started with the DD and never had that problem either. My DD did not come with the Store Edition like most of them do.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#104 Old 6th May 2014 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Thanks! I hadn't worked that out. It makes more sense of it. Don and the Caliente sisters are all working together to get Mortimer's fortune. The Calientes have alien blood on their fathers side, so they still have contacts with the aliens. They arrange for Bella to be abducted to get her out of the way. Then they set to: Don seduces Cassandra and marries her; Dina seduces Morty and marries him. That leaves little Alexander in some danger. Perhaps Nina is planning on marrying him as soon as he grows up. Meantime, to pass the time while she's waiting, she plays the field with all the men in Pleasantview! Well, I assure you that NONE of that is going to happen in my game! Bella is back, and her mother's instinct has beaten the aliens' memory-wiping. When she saw Alexander, she recognised her child. (See my post #45 in this thread.)

I'm quite shocked. I thought Don and Nina were just honest-to-goodness woohoo addicts, perhaps even idealists like some of my Veronaville Romance teens, who think the best way they can show their great love for all of Simkind, is by making out with everyone in the neighbourhood! I didn't know that Sims could be so devious! I may have to rethink how I'm going to play Don and the Calientes!

Don may indeed be having second thoughts, but jilting Cassandra at the altar is the most hurtful way of not marrying her.

I am indeed thinking of finding a CAS Sim or a nice townie for Cassandra, but only because Brandi might fall in love with Darren. I think both Brandi and Cassandra deserve decent husbands, and I don't think Darren can marry both of them!

No worries; in my 10 years later concept, the whole reason the Calientes left Pleasantview (as portrayed in The Sims 3, where they are apparently living in a different neighborhood post Pleasantview) is because they have a bench warrant out for their arrest. When Bella returns and is reunited with Morty, she starts dishing out information about Nina and Dina's involvement in her disappearance to the FBI and the Sheriff. Even though it hasn't been part of my plans, I might decide to go ahead and make Don into a fugitive as well, since EA kind of portrays him as being involved. Dang, I just realized I have half of Pleasantview getting into some sort of trouble; who would have known Pleasantview would be such a high crime neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 6th May 2014 at 1:16 AM
I am entirely patched, and the Calientes' burglar still shows up. Since I have all the EPs, I think it's just the scripting.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#106 Old 6th May 2014 at 8:57 AM
@ marka93: As Orilon says I have only Double Deluxe, and I have always understood that it was fully patched, so I've never even looked at the patches. I can't remember what thread it was in, but you and I both discussed it with Mootilda, and it seems that my version of Double Deluxe is very similar to yours, i.e. it's not the Store Edition. From my version number it transpired that I have the Celebration! version, which actually uses the OFB game engine. I think it's just possible that the advice about Double Deluxe being fully patched may not apply to us who don't have the Store Edition, so I may need patches after all. I've never even looked at patching because I thought it didn't apply to me, but I understand that they don't "take" if you're fully patched already, so it shouldn't hurt to try. I'm not sure which patches to try to apply. Would I need OFB to match my game engine, or just base game and Nightlife? Double Deluxe was released at about the same time as FreeTime, so I would have thought there was a good chance that it did include the patches for the earlier EPs on which it was based. (I think my game engine version is 1.8.0.80, but I'd have to start the game up to check that, and I haven't time this morning.)
Mad Poster
#107 Old 6th May 2014 at 1:08 PM
The burglar is scripted; the fact that Andy gets so many "met self" errors may indeed mean he needs patching. Download them all, try to apply them; if they're not appropriate, they won't take. You may need Pescado's dramafix for the "met self" errors, also.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#108 Old 6th May 2014 at 2:49 PM
@AndrewGloria I would try the Nightlife and both the base game patches, (DVD/CD).

It could also be all the game fixes I put in way back when I had just DD to, I got most of them from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html but I don't remember where there at or which ones I used way back then.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Page 5 of 5