Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:19 AM
Default Colored roaches...are just bugs ;)
I am posting a new thread about this, because I cannot find who, and in which thread this has been posted as a wondering...
Someone found colored roaches in their game, while usually, roaches comes from garbage, spoiled food that sim will not clean on time etc, but they are not multicolored.
That person was wondering if..this amazing mod by Charity, might have caused this, and change roaches color.

Maybe..maybe not. But it is prettier don't you think?
I, on my end, found out that multicolored roaches..might just be insects, your sims have collected and cruelly killed, pinned, laughing at!!!..ok maybe not,
in their bug box..that "sits" on their wall.
Reading what that person said..i started wondering too, as I have indeed downloaded that amazing mod myself.
take a look at where they might come from...

They aren't vermin!!!! though they can probably make your sim sick..get rid of them, and stop pinning bugs! ahahah

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:33 AM Last edited by Enki : 21st Apr 2014 at 1:45 AM.
I think that person was me... in the "What did you discover today while simming" - thread. At first I thought the colored whatevers might be perhaps escaped ants from the ant farm in the same room, but come to think of it, there were also two insect collections hanging on the wall
b.t.w. I don´t have Charity´s mod, so the Cats-hunt-roaches cannot be responsible for the multicolored ones.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:09 AM
Oh! yes..ahah, that was you.
Now I wonder why i thought you mentioned Charity's mod. probably I had read about it just before or after, and confused myself.

Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:46 PM
These are called "Innocuous Bugs" and I'm pretty sure they're spawned by the bug collecting box

Look at it at a closer look. Eew.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 1:59 PM
^ that is both cool & slightly nauseating lol.

I have never placed the bug box on a wall, always kept it in the inventory (have yet to have one filled).
Does ^^ that happen a lot with a bug box? Im pretty sure "Innocuous" would mean "safe" *to an extent* (for have my dictionary handy & I've yet to have my morning coffee) so would I be right in saying it's very unlikely these will spread the flu?
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 3:39 PM
Call me weird, but still find them beautiful :lovestruc My next ones get to live a happy life (although I´ll relocate them to the garden if possible).
I´m afraid they are very rare: I ressumed playing Sims 2 last sommer (June?) and only had one occasion of these despite hanging up the insect collection displays quite frequently.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 3:49 PM
Innocuous means harmless, so I say, live and let live!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:47 PM
Enki...you said your next set will get moved to the garden, how ling to they stick around? Or do they die off?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:55 PM
They end up disappearing. You cannot "keep" them. Yes, harmless..though your sim might or might not, want to stomp on them or spray them. But they won't get your sim sick. Since I posted this thread, I have been able to observe this..and it seems to be happening quite often, that they will "fall" off the bug box.
Like I saw happened every time I had them, if you take no actions, or cancel your sim's interaction to get rid of them, they just disappear. You cannot call the exterminator on them either..but maybe this is just because when I tried, I was playing an apartment. The landlord won't mind them either, he will pass by them totally ignoring them.

@Charity, I tested your cats hunts bugs on them. Have control pets on, there is no interaction..and my cat didn't seem interested about hunting them either, autonomously.
I do not know if this is something people would like, but as long as these critters aren't harmful...I'll let you see.

Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 9:51 PM
You know, I had dermestid beetles infest one of my bug boxes years ago, back when I used to pin. I was pissed because they destroyed my big tarantula hawk. They probably migrated from the big box of them that I had nearby, which were busily cleaning a found deer skull for me. But they weren't that colorful! But it IS sort of realistic for a bug box to "spawn" other bugs, since if they're not sealed properly, you will get scavengers in them, eating your collection.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 8:30 AM
I put a bug box up on the wall, but the pseudo roaches don't seem interested in spawning.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I put a bug box up on the wall, but the pseudo roaches don't seem interested in spawning.

They will..they will....
Keep adding to your sim's collection...

Alchemist
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

They will, eventually, I guess. It just doesn't occur so often.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 3:30 PM
Well yeah, they might take their sweet time to find their way out of the box, but once they spawned, know that they know the way and will start visiting you a bit more.
I am not sure, but I think the more your sim has collected, the faster/more often they will fall out. Me new to that too..and not all done testing, and observing.