Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 6:31 PM
Apocalyptic Failure
I've just lifted Hopelessness, and then decided to take a break. That took a long time...! First preparing my founder through college, then raising him and a cat at the same time!
Only now I happened to look at the rules again, and:
SECURITY PET.
Gah...
I had gotten my founder the best bed right from the get-go.
I had failed before even lifting pet-showbiz.

Should I continue on regardless, selling the bed for the proper-energy one? Or does this failure mean I should start over?
What would you do?
What have you done in similar circumstances?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 6:53 PM
I say carry on ! Which is what I am doing. I beleive that the original Apolcalypse challenge says to forgive your mistakes and continue on. And, here is where I should confess that I have adjusted the rules a bit.

The idea is to enjoy the trip along the way.

I took time to build a house and somehow missed the bit where it must have a foundation or be raised up..and must be on a certain size lot. Otherwise the house is just right (saved it to file before using it)

Also instead of a CAS Sim I choose to use Worthington 111 - who needed to leave before graduating.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:10 PM
Yes, fix it and play "correctly" from now on. It's a game. You want to be able to have fun and if you worry about the little things than you won't enjoy.
Top Secret Researcher