Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 10:37 PM
Default Can you just delete Maxis Neighborhoods?
I searched online and in the forums and all I could find was how deleting the neighborhoods was just for resetting them to default. What I would like to know is can I just delete the Maxis neighborhoods since I have now made two of my own and have no intention of playing those others? The only thing I use is Bluewater Village, and I don't know how that ties into the base neighborhoods. I of course won't do a thing until I hear from you wonderfully intelligent people. Oh! and if you read my last post, Seasons arrived today, so my game is complete! And now my bf has almost convinced me that Sims 3 is fun... yeah, where's that facepalm emoticon?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 10:37 PM
Yep, you certainly can.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 10:40 PM
And you can get them back at any time!

There is also no rule against playing only one version of the Sims. (Though Sims3 is clearly inferior by all reasonable standards...:p) If you play Sims1 on Monday, Sims2 on Tuesday, and Sims3 on Wednesday, the Sims police will not come along confiscating your games. Have fun however you like to have it!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:02 PM
Thanks guys I swear, I feel guilty when I play Sims 3 for a bit, like I'm cheating on my Sims 2 Sims! LOL... But while I typically agree that Sims 3 was a HUGE disappointment, they do tease me with lots of gameplay options I really wanted for Sims 2. Like taking toddlers off their home lot. We'll just have to see what happens.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:15 PM
Meh. Anything you want from TS3, people have pretty much modded into TS2. Like, there's a mod that allows you to take toddlers to community lots, as well as puppies and kittens. It's right here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303968

And what hasn't already been modded in, you can often simulate yourself if you put a bit of thought into it. A lot of people have borrowed TS3's trait system, for instance, to use in guiding them as to how they play their TS2 Sims. As for me, I'll still be playing TS2 when TS30 comes out. I'm that much of an old curmudgeon.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:28 PM
I've played both Sims 2 and Sims 3 for the last several years, so there is nothing preventing you from playing both. I find gardening in Sims 3 a lot more fun than Sims 2. I also find the Vacation Worlds Sims 3 a lot more fun than the Bon Voyage hoods, but that's me. Do what you find fun.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:34 PM
I don't have TS3 but from what I saw of it, the TS3 pets expansion was far superior to the TS2 pets; if I had a computer that could handle both games, I might just purchase TS3 for pets and be done with it. But my computer barely handles what I do have and I've already weeded out my library to the bare bones of what I just (can't) live without, taking me down from the entire collection to ... 7 of the EPs and one SP. So don't feel bad about playing TS3. It has its own merits and is likely a fun game in its own rights; you'll just find that the TS2 forumers are a lot more biased toward TS2.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:37 AM Last edited by Simonut : 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:49 AM.
@>>Flyingmouse77 >>> I am so happy that your Seasons arrived ( Don't forget to patch it ) You are going to "LOVE" it there so much fun and the thunder storms and lighting at time can be so loud that it scary.
One thing just incase you are interested in having this Mod by creator Mootida so that your Sims will not died from the coldness or get too hot and pass out or died.

Here the Link but Please be sure to read "All" comments by creator Mootida ( you can only use "One" of the Mods in your game not both ) be good to read other members comments sometime you can find answer to questions you may have there.
Link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=452260 And yes I am in agreement with other members here you can delete Maxis neighborhoods.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 1:10 AM
Seasons is a great EP Flyingmouse, it adds a lot to the game. Don't forget to let your toddlers experience the weather as well as they can if you let them go outside to play. The Seasons patch is very important, so make sure to patch.

I've never used a temperature mod and never had a sim die from the weather. I guess you could, but it would take ages.

The trouble with Sims 3 pets is, they are yet another sim to control. Telling a horse to go pee is just wrong. The one thing that sims 3 has that I would love for sims 2 is diving. There is no mod for that as there is no place to actually dive in sim 2. I did enjoy getting a diver to level 10 and fighting a shark, however unrealistic it was.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~