Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:04 AM
Default Patch version?
I found this but before i download any, I'd like to know..do I need any?
I have everything Sims2...what should be my game version, if I am already all patched?
I think I am..but what if I was not.
I do not remember how to have it show IN game..think it had to do with testingcheats?..though I always use aliases now..and "TT" does not make it appear in top screen.

Help would be awesome.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:10 AM
You need to patch every EP and every SP that you have installed. Not sure what you mean by game version as related to the patches. I have them all downloaded in a folder, then if I need to reinstall it's much quicker to patch than if I had to download them all first. I would just run each patch and your game should say if it's up to date.

if you are not sure about which version of patch this might help http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ching_Your_Game

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:15 AM
Yes, I read the wiki.
But i thought, the game version was somewhat a good hint, in knowing if my game was all up to date. you know?
I also know I must patch each and every EP & SP, this is not the problem. But if I am already all patched..I'd like to know. I thought there was an easy way to know, besides having to download every patches then try them.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:23 AM
@>> Rosebine >> If I understand you correctly if you have all your patches save ( in a folder or where you may have place it at )
Place it on your desk top then for each of your EPs just click on each patch one at a time for each Eps needed.

For example if it is Pets Ep click on that patch for it then right away it will tell if you have already patch it or not, if not it will update to that particular Ep, just do one Eps at a time,
that way you will know for sure what is patch or not.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 7:03 AM
Sorry for my English but I am not a native speaker.
I am going to install The Sims 2 again (finally!) and I have a question about patches. I found here http://web.archive.org/web/20071216...id=Help_patches the patches available. For example there is the patch for University CD version patch, but I have the pc DVD version of the game. What should I do? And I can't find a patch for Apartment life EP or Festive Holiday Stuff SP. Do they need to be patched or not? Thanks =)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 7:08 AM
Click the underlined patches word in your post and it will take you to where MTS hosts all the patches.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 8:17 AM
@elly87: The only SP with a patch is Family Fun, but Apartment Life does have one. As Charity said, if you click the word patches in any post, it will direct you to a download page here on MTS. Since the official site went boom, MTS have been hosting patches.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@>> Rosebine >> If I understand you correctly if you have all your patches save ( in a folder or where you may have place it at )
Place it on your desk top then for each of your EPs just click on each patch one at a time for each Eps needed.

For example if it is Pets Ep click on that patch for it then right away it will tell if you have already patch it or not, if not it will update to that particular Ep, just do one Eps at a time,
that way you will know for sure what is patch or not.

Thank you. yeah..now I have them all in a folder.
I used to have a thing that updated everything..can't remember what it was. been too long.
And I recall, that when I installed anything, it would tell me something like..there is a patch available, and then asked me if I wanted to update. So all was done automatically.
Anyways. since it 's been so long since I had to reinstall my games, there are things I am not sure about.
Like I said, I am pretty sure that all is updated, and since a long while, but since many people on here scared the hell out of me with asking.."Are you patched?...I started doubting my own self.
I did not buy my EP's or SP's 2 years ago in a garage sale...I did when they were still trendy, and "hot" and that the main site was still up. You'd think all have been done, updated and all, right?
But still. Some people really are insisting and scary. lol

Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:59 AM
I seem to recall from my last installation that yes, after installing an EP, the installer would check to make sure your game was up to date. That doesn't mean it's patched though. You still have to patch EVERYTHING. Except maybe combo packs. I'd still try and patch those anyway, just to be on the safe side, because I'm paranoid like that and while it does no harm to try patching unnecessarily, an unpatched game can break horribly (Ottomas pregnancy, I'm looking at you).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 1:32 PM
Cool. I'll try that as soon as I am done with my play session..aka..in a few hours, or tomorrow morning..hehe

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 8:26 PM
The best way to check whether you have all the patches installed is to download each patch (depending on what EP/SPs you have) and run them. If the patch is installed or is the latest version, it should say "The Sims 2 <EP name>" is up to date". If it isn't, it'll install automatically.

The thread title confused me a bit - I thought it meant "Are the patches on MTS the latest version?" (EA released multiple patches, such as FreeTime receiving three patches, I believe. The latest patch includes the earlier ones). I'm pretty sure the ones on MTS are the latest version, so you are fine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:34 PM
No k6ka.
I was really just asking if the version debug mode shows on top right screen while playing, was a hint about knowing if your game was up to date. The number version. And, how you'd make it appear there, as I didn't remember. Now I know. But still can't find out if just knowing your "game version" is enough to tell me if all is up to date.
If you put your mouse on any of the sims 3 EP or SP icon bottom launcher, it gives you a number. By that you can tell if your game needs update.
Sims 2 gives a number too..but apparently, pretty useless because everyone is saying the same thing : try, then you'll see! lol
So knowing my sims 2 game version...apparently is useless.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 1:34 AM
If you switch between lots with testingcheats enabled then you will see a number in the top right corner of your screen, I'm not sure if that will tell you if your game is patched or not. Its not like Sims 3 where you know what patch number you want/need to be at.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@elly87: The only SP with a patch is Family Fun, but Apartment Life does have one. As Charity said, if you click the word patches in any post, it will direct you to a download page here on MTS. Since the official site went boom, MTS have been hosting patches.

Thanks for your help, but I had already found the patches on the site. My problem is that there is only the patch for University EP cd version, but I have the DVD one. =/
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 7:09 AM
There is only one patch for University.
Site Helper
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
If you switch between lots with testingcheats enabled then you will see a number in the top right corner of your screen, I'm not sure if that will tell you if your game is patched or not. Its not like Sims 3 where you know what patch number you want/need to be at.
Since there's only one number displayed, it can only tell you whether one EP is patched. However, you want to patch each and every EP and SP for which a patch is available.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 5:18 PM
Yes. This is what I ended up doing. Clicked on each one of them. I was already up to date.