Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 12:39 AM
Default mods to stay away from?
ive been dowloading some mods from other places recently and im not sure which ones to use and not to use, i had trouble with the NRAAS tattoo master controller, when it was installed my game wouldnt start at all :/ any others to avoid?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:51 AM
On the NNRAS website, make sure you've installed it correctly, you've followed all directions and you have the right game version. Clearing the caches might help.
Really, if a mod messes up your game:
a. didn't install it correctly
b. the mod isn't compatible with your game version
c. didn't clear the scriptcache(for scripting mods)
d. the modder made a mistake
e. other

I can't give a list mods you shouldn't download, I've only ever had one mod issue. I didn't up date my lighting mod and the ocean turned bloody. Pay attention to what you download, even here, there are a couple faulty mods that make your game crash and plenty outdated mods. Don't forget to ask for help with mods if you need it, the creator or another user can help!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 5:23 AM
what is your patch level? make sure you're up to at least 1.63, that you have the master controller base mod installed (and probably integration as well) and download both the cmarx cas tattoo locations file and the master controller expanded tattoo file.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindseysims
ive been dowloading some mods from other places recently and im not sure which ones to use and not to use, i had trouble with the NRAAS tattoo master controller, when it was installed my game wouldnt start at all :/ any others to avoid?

Avoid any where you have not read the creator's instructions about downloading and installing, as well as any information about conflicts with other mods. Also any warnings about how to safely uninstall. Creators of mods are quite reliable about providing the information we need to properly use their mods. If someone offers a mod for download but you do not see instructions about how to download, install, use, and uninstall (if necessary), then those might be dicey. Twallan provided a lot of information about his mods right on the NRAAS site.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
I didn't up date my lighting mod and the ocean turned bloody.

This sounds fucking awesome.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL

the pond at the park is bloody too, lol
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
the pond at the park is bloody too, lol

Seriously. Awesome.

What I would really love is a mod that allows bloody water and/or the red Midnight Hallows skies at will. I need to learn to mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:16 AM
Seriously. Awesome.

What I would really love is a mod that allows bloody water and/or the red Midnight Hallows skies at will. I need to learn to mod.

No doubt there are players who will appreciate your efforts.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:08 AM

Sadly only in map view. It looks fine close up. That is what the water looks like at around 5pm, I only got this only at sunrise and sunset.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
Sadly only in map view. It looks fine close up. That is what the water looks like at around 5pm, I only got this only at sunrise and sunset.

aww.. don't ruin her dream come true :P