Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:54 AM
Default The Palmarosa
Hello all.
Do the pictures look large enough and does it should that it's playable?
Does the lot need anymore improvements or is it just fine the way it is?
I added a family to the lot to test it myself. It looks good to me, but any feedback is appreciated.
Advertisement
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 7:50 AM
What expansions does this work with and what's the price/lot size?I suppose it's custom content free,but just in case - do you have something required?
I'd recommend using Maxis-stairs-cut-underneath,because the original ones look pretty heavy for this house(since there's space between them and the walls).
What graphic options do you use and can your pc/laptop handle high resolutions etc?
I *think* there are too many single windows,but that could be just me
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:00 AM
To add to what lidi already said, how did you playtest the lot? Did you put the sims on a copy of the lot? Lots that you share on MTS need to be non-occupied. Moving sims out can leave some traces behind that can corrupt other people's games, which is why it is better to playtest a copy and have one clean lot that you can use for sharing.

I'd recommend playing around with the placement of the spiral stairs and maybe move the front door to the diagonal bit. Right now, that area is quite large and empty (on both floors) which is a shame about the space. I would move the front door so you could create a large hall type of thing and have more space in the living room.
I really like the idea of having the living space upstairs and the sleeping space downstairs
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 2:40 PM
To answer your question lidi, it requires every expansion and stuff pack. the size of the house is 2 x 2 and the lot cost is 51,082. As for the space, I enter moveObjects on to make the stairs go next to one another. My computer can handle the high resolution. it's a laptop with Intel HD Graphics and Intel Core i5 CPU.

To answer your question Klaartje, I have a copy of the lot saved in my in-game bin. The lot that I upload to MTS (which is currently in the moderation queue) is unoccupied. Basically, I placed the family there to show that the lot is playable. I played around with the stairs, but the spiral stairs seemed to be a favorite for me that is.By it looking empty of both floors, it's designed liked that. When someone downloads the lot, they can place objects that they want in the empty parts. It's fully furnished, but objects can be added by choice of the person playing it.

Thanks for feedback both.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:46 PM
Paving around the swimming pool. You need it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 4:05 PM
You have stairs in front of windows. Not a good look.

I think perhaps you have a few more windows than is necessary as well and I don't like the big square window in the bathroom.

I think a railing around the top of the spiral stairs would be nice.

Other than that I like the overall layout, though the space around the stairs could be utilised better. I like the idea of the upside-down house.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 4:28 PM
Am I seeing this that you have to go upstairs to go downstairs, and yes stairs in front of windows is not cool.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 5:26 PM
Quote:
The lot that I upload to MTS (which is currently in the moderation queue) is unoccupied.
If you have already submitted this lot for upload is there any point in giving feedback?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
If you have already submitted this lot for upload is there any point in giving feedback?

Yes it is because I have to keep making changes to it. And this gives me ideas for new projects that I plan to create in the future. So the feedback is good either way.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:05 PM
If you feel comfortable doing so, you can always share the feedback that the moderators have given you. Then we can help you fix those issues so that it hopefully gets accepted next time you upload it
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:42 PM
What does the roof look like?

And, please no 'picture' window in the bathroom K?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
What does the roof look like?

And, please no 'picture' window in the bathroom K?

The roof is made up of half walls.
I get the no windows in the bathroom nor stairs. I can't change any of it at the moment though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klaartje
If you feel comfortable doing so, you can always share the feedback that the moderators have given you. Then we can help you fix those issues so that it hopefully gets accepted next time you upload it

The only issues I had with the lot was the screenshots and the playability. Other than that, everything else was fine.