Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 8:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims interactions menu delay
I've been playing sims 3 on this computer for about two years and its worked fine. About six months ago I started a new game (I hadn't added any new expansions or anything for awhile) and it was going smoothly until interaction menu started taking about 6 seconds to appear. I thought it was just that household so I tried another one and it did the same thing. Every household on my game does it (pet interaction menu lag is a bit shorter). I left it alone for awhile and just tried to play yesterday and it was still doing it. I looked it up and other people had the problem as well so I tried all the solutions they suggested on multiple forums. I deleted the cache files, removed all custom content, renamed sims 3 folder and started a new one, and even with everything gone it still kept lagging.

version 1.63 +
Never downloaded anything from sims 3 store
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Hi, when you say "renamed sims 3 folder and started a new one," did you run the new folder clean? I have to ask that directly because there has been too many instances where people claim to have started a new folder, but they end up putting in mods or putting in their savefiles in to the new folder.

If you have not done a complete clean run, which is rename or move the old user folder and let the game create a new one... and ONLY run the new one, please do so. Make sure the user folder is not causing the problem. If the problem still persist in a clean run, then it is caused by something else and we'll go from there. It might be a corrupted installation or you might have some background programs interfering with the game (most likely some antivirus program).

Please post your deviceconfig from your user folder here in spoilers so we can see what your system is doing.

I renamed the original folder and ran the game clean without adding anything.

Site Helper
#5 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 9:25 PM
Note: Sims 3 likes to try to go online. Going online while having your AV turned off is not a good idea. Make sure you are disconnected from the internet before starting the game if you are testing with AV turned off.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook