Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 4:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Collections file question
I have a TON of collection files (Or so it seems I may be exaggerating a bit)

is there any way (a code? a hack? a trick? a program? a way of sorting?) to make them show in my game in order? like all my custom ones first then the sims ones? or vica versa?

it would REALLY help because it seems a lot of my time in game is spent searching for a collection I need....
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 8:07 PM
Well, you could use the in game sorting function.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 8:17 PM Last edited by Emma2015 : 7th Feb 2016 at 8:40 PM.
O.K. total waste of a post!

No one answered the post but I found out how to do it anyway LOL! XD

oh well

and I just technically double posted since I posted the question then found the answer on my own and then posted to say never mind before anyone else could post!

double oops!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 8:40 PM
@Emma2015
maxon wasn't being sarcastic, she was giving you a solution. A solution that just might be the only one.

I've never seen any download or cheat that will sort collection files for you. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how the game sorts them - I know it's not alphabetical order because the Apartment Life collection shows at the end of collections for me. I know it's not by date created because some of my cc collection files show before collections that I know are older than those. So the in-game sorting looks like it's the only solution for you, or anyone else.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 8:43 PM
Man...I thought collection sorting would be something a lot of people would want to know/may know about since ya know collection maker! XD

but no one has posted an answer! thankfully I have other sources of info for when no one here that's around knows the answer LOL!!!!!

and just for ref the answer was there's a button that sorts them in collection maker into ABC order.

and there's also a way in game but I haven't explored it fully to see if it does me any good.

I just thought being able to find a collection quickly would be a GOOD thing! Guess I was wrong!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 10:06 PM
Are we invisible mustluvcatz?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 11:21 PM
I am preeeeetty sure maxon actually helped, lol.
Theorist
#8 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 4:30 AM
Maybe Emma2015 has maxon and mustluvcatz blocked, which would mean she can't see their posts.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 5:29 AM
That's a possibility, Michelle. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if she does. (Not that I understand why someone would block the awesomeness that is MLC, lol.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 8:16 AM
MEOW all! the collections maker way actually WORKS! yeah it's in ABC order now but at least it's not random and I know by heart what I named all my customs and remakes so MUCH easier!

Also for those of you who don't have the time or the OCD to make your own collection files for every mesh set in your folders there' a handy button in game in the collections area you can push/click! I'm still exploring. lol!

now I wonder why I ever quit simming....
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 4:09 PM
Woah, is everyone here ignored or something? I don't remember any of us harassing you. Not that you can see this (I think) but oh well...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 4:30 PM
Well, let's have a party instead! I can do cookies.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
Woah, is everyone here ignored or something? I don't remember any of us harassing you. Not that you can see this (I think) but oh well...

Miley! HI! I'm so GLAD I didn't get you by mistake! XD

but I do wonder how you think maxion helped?

doesn't one have to post to help?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#14 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, let's have a party instead! I can do cookies.

Chocolate chip? Snickerdoodle? Peanut butter? All of those and more??
Theorist
#15 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emma2015
Miley! HI! I'm so GLAD I didn't get you by mistake! XD

but I do wonder how you think maxion helped?

doesn't one have to post to help?

I believe this is what people are referin to Emma. Maxon DID post. You either didn't see or chose to ignore what she said.
Site Helper
#16 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 7:40 PM
But it is nice that Emma was able to answer her own question.

(Maxxon, you wouldn't happen to have grasshopper cookies, would you? I'll bring confetti.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: User found the answer