Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 6:33 PM
Default Sterilizing sims
I've been looking around for this for a while now. I'd like to get on a system where all woohoo's are risky (a little more like real life). But I do want to be able to prevent certain sims (like those with too many kids already) to not get pregnant. Is there a mod out there that will allow me to sterilize sims of my choosing. It's going to be a lot of work to have them all get abortions afterwards.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 7:42 PM
This hospital overhaul has sterilisation options, plus a shit ton more.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 9:34 PM
NRaas Story Progression gives you the ability to sterilize individual Sims by selecting them, then going to "Sim Options > Pregnancy: Allow Participation" and setting it to "false". If you have Master Controller, you can filter out the Sims you'd like to sterilize this way by the number of children, if you want.

Woohooer also has the option to make all woohoos risky.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 9:50 AM
I did know that awesomemod had the abilty to, but I never knew storyprogression did the same.Sadly, neither of those is really great for me because my game is already (just playeble) laggy. I play with a huge and way overstuffed household (basically testing how much it can take before it explodes :P). I can't really afford to add storyprogression to it.

The hospital overhaul seems to be a better option for me. I had no idea that it had that ability, eventhough I went by it multiple times searching for this. A shame though that it's not up to date, but it's the best option for me at least. Most people seem to report no problems.

Thanks for the help guys!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 11:44 AM
I like how the Simlogical mod allows Sims to get abortions in shady warehouses. Man, that's dark. I love it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 11:57 PM
I use woohooer. I don't always leave the option on, but while playing a married couple I usually switch the option on to replace woohoo with risky. I've never tried that hospital mod or awesomemod but I really like woohooer, especially for its options that can keep Sims from flirting with everyone in sight. I used to get so many Sims flirting and cheating it really got annoying, but now things are a lot nicer.

Oh and you mention preventing families from having kids when they have enough, woohooer also has an option to restrict risky and try for baby actions. You just set the maximum family size, and once your family hits that number it will restrict any risky and try for baby attempts. I'm sure some of those other mods have the same or similar options, but I just know that woohooer has quite a few nice options that I don't think I could play without.