Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 6:48 AM
Default Followed All Instructions for Patch Borkedness, and it Mostly Works BUT
I cannot get Riverview back. I copied over the DCCCache files and altered the resource file and uninstalled the CC from the launcher, and everything works except Riverview. It simply does not exist and I can't seem to make it exist.

Now, I HAVE looked through all the help stuff and tried, but I ask for someone to just be patient with me and tell me some possible solutions again. My brain gets hurted when I deal with this stuff, and I'm sorry.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 4:12 PM
Read sticky entitled "Launcher woes after installing patch 1.8/2.3? Look in here!", yet?
Did you also copy the .world file?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 9:28 AM
Yes, I did read all that. It helped me get this far, at least.

About the .world file copying... would that be copying the file into my mods folder and altering my resource file to read it? Well, either way, there's no Riverview .world file in there. :S
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 4:14 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 5th Jan 2010 at 4:27 AM. Reason: verified some things
"uninstalled the CC from the launcher"
"there's no Riverview .world file in there"

Did you uninstall content & Riverview from Launcher? Then the workaround in that sticky will not work <*went to verify if uninstall was in the instructions*>.

eta: Nope, no uninstall was ever mentioned in that sticky. You do not even have to move the .dbc files anywhere else. The instructions were to copy+paste.

The game on 1.8/2.3 simply do not read stuff installed via Launcher and that is why new installations of store Sims3Packs also fail. I've successfully only manage to install a Sims3Pack Lot/Sim I exported months ago, but Store and other sites' (like TSR) Sims3Packs no longer work.

The only solution for now is wait for EA, or if you really must have your CC, rollback to earlier patches (but I've read a few on 1.0 & 1.7 who also cannot install content <*shrugs*>).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 2:22 PM Last edited by Wveth : 6th Jan 2010 at 2:47 PM.
I know no uninstall was mentioned, but the game didn't work until I did :\
As long as the launcher said they were installed, I was getting game-breaking graphical glitches. The world was existing below itself. When I uninstalled from the launcher, they were fixed.

And I did copy and paste the .dbc files, not "move" them. I should've been clearer, my bad.

Also, some of my CC is showing up as black spheres in the catalog O.o Mostly things in the "kids" furniture section... strange. I tried placing them, and they're placed as black spheres too, but they have all the functionality of whatever item they're supposed to be. [EDIT: This turned out to be the "recategorize" mods. I guess I had downloaded the recategorizer for store sets I thought I had, but apparently didn't. Whoops!]

But most of the stuff works fine, and I don't NEED Riverview. Durn these patches!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 3:34 PM
Sorry to hear your Riverview had to be sacrificed to the altar of patching.

I guess the Riverview install was already borked, somehow? As you're describing what sounds like the "blue lot" problem. Or perhaps, Launcher was not so broken in your case that it reads the Launcher-installed Riverview *and* the copied .dbc content, thus resulting in "blue lots"? There is still a lot of theories on the root cause of the "blue lots" syndrome, so who knows?

Great tip on that black globes/spheres! Thanks. I saw another thread with that issue and now we know the cause.