Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 9:24 AM
Default Can't download from EA store
Ok, I hope I've got this in the right category now. I'm sure someone has asked this before, but for the life of me I can't find the right thread, sorry about that in advance.

I've registered my game (Sims 3), but I can't download anything from the EA store. I can't get the new town or any other download to work. The content appears in the launcher, but then cancels immediately. I've tried everything I can think of, I've read about the internet settings, but they appear ok to me (privacy and security set to medium). I sent EA an email two days ago, but haven't heard back.

I have Internet Explorer 7 and run Windows XP, if that helps any?
And I haven't downloaded any patches for the game.
What am I missing?

Please help,
DB
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 12:00 PM
No real loss, is it?

Which patch version are you running? Since 1.8/2.3(?), sims3packs don't work, and cannot be installed using the launcher. There is a sticky in this forum explaining how to get existing sims3pack content working; for other content, you'll have to extract it to package. I'm not sure if Store content can be extracted.

You may also want to try downloading the sims3packs through your browser and dumping them in Downloads, rather than using the launcher - Store content doesn't seem to be as reliably broken as other sims3pack content, so this may do the trick.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 5:56 PM
Thanks for the reply

Yeah, the store is way to expensive and didn't want my money last time anyway, hehe(probably cause I don't live in the US or something), but I was kinda hoping to get the new town and spend my free points.

I haven't downloaded any patches so far 'cause of all the problems I've heard of. Or is there some kind of patch already in the game?

Hmmm...seems like things are a bit of a mess at EA. I hope they can get things sorted out soon.

How do I download things through the browser? I tried "save target as" at the store, but it says "no such interface supported".

Thanks again,
DB
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 6:01 PM
I thought the Store had a regular download link, but I must admit I haven't even bothered to registered for it - if not, I'm afraid I don't know. :/ Perhaps someone with more knowledge of it than I can help.

Since it is EA's store, you should also try contacting their support, though you'll need a lucky horseshoe to beat a useful response out of them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:07 PM
LOL! You wouldn't happen to have a lucky horseshoe I could borrow? I contacted them three days ago and haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for trying to help
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 2:35 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 7th Jan 2010 at 2:50 AM.
Sometimes, an uninstall/reinstall of EADM helps...there's so much voodoo chanting required to get this game to even start!

Do you have a firewall blocking the Launcher / EADM?
It might just be that they coded all the store items to work on latest patch.
Even if you managed to download successfully, you might get that message that "you need to have the latest update..bla bla bla"
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 5:23 AM
It appears that the store content wants to be uploaded to a patched game (I was able to upload anything from the exchange that didn't have an update required note, but the ones that said they required an update, behaved just like the store items). Since the latest patch appears to break the Launcher with regards to downloads, it looks like a catch-22 until EA fixes it.

(I've just installed the game, today, so I too have no patches installed.)