Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blender 2.7 TS3 Tools v3.02 updated 5-2-14

by cmomoney Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 8:32 PM - Updated 2nd May 2014 at 4:08 PM by cmomoney

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 4:08 AM
Excellent cmo - modding things for free is one of the nice things about Sims, and making the best free 3d modelling software compatible with TS3 is awesome as it gives a choice outside milkshape. Great work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 4:10 AM
Thank you so much! As a frequent user of blender I can now easily make my own objects for the Sims 3.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:02 AM
Brilliant, cmo! Time to go put these to good use. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:18 AM
Thank you
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 1:10 PM
This is inspirational! I may actually try to make objects. It's the logical next step for me, and I've just been too chicken. Thanks for this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 2:11 PM
GREAT idea, to have the EZBake Oven! :thumbup: There are so many STEPS when you bake in Blender; and I always end up skipping steps and having to do the whole thing over Question: does it shorten the amount of time it takes to Bake? Sometimes I have a higher detailed texture I need to bake, and it will take 10,000 years for Blender to finish; I have to get up and make myself a sandwich in the meantime!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Question: does it shorten the amount of time it takes to Bake? Sometimes I have a higher detailed texture I need to bake, and it will take 10,000 years for Blender to finish; I have to get up and make myself a sandwich in the meantime!

Well, there are a lot of factors that determine baking times: cpu, bake settings, image size, poly count, ect. EZ Bake is just a preset baking script to reduce the steps it takes to bake multipliers.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 10:12 PM
This is amazing thank you! I always wanted to start making objects, but when I see the tutorials I find it to much work to learn it all before getting to make an object and import it. This would make it so much easier and I already know a bit about blender! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 12:47 AM
^Same. Thank you so much, I may try and make some objects now.
This is brilliant. I'm so happy!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Well, there are a lot of factors that determine baking times: cpu, bake settings, image size, poly count, ect. EZ Bake is just a preset baking script to reduce the steps it takes to bake multipliers.

So then does this still use Blender's way of baking? Because I think they are too grainy and always have to blur the picture down the line.

Either way, I'm sure this tool does a great job! Thanks again :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 10:52 AM
This is wonderful!! I'm so happy you've made this. No more trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing in Milkshape when I already know how Blender works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 2:34 PM
im new to modding... gonna give this a try anyway.

edit: oh wait what? This is not a standalone thing is it...
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 6:10 PM
I'm going to give modding a try with this too, I mean, it's free
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 8:01 PM
Hey, I attempted to load Blender and it told me I needed Python and would need to reconfigure my machine. I have two computers I'd like to use it on: any ill effects from loading Python/Blender on Win XP/7 machines, and do I really need to reconfigure? Thanks for any help you can give.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 9:36 PM
Morphead: Yes, like I said it's just a automated baking function. It doesn't change the way Blender bakes.

Loserkid13: No, this is not standalone. It is basically a plugin for Blender 3D 2.56.

surprised_by_witches: I don't remember this version of Blender asking for Python(though it may have). I have had both installed on XP/Vista/7 and have never had any ill effects.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#17 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 2:51 AM
To combat how light Blender bakes by default, In the World Values, I enabled Environmental Lighting with a value of 0.775. Also AO factor is at 1.75. This bakes at the correct range and eliminates having to darken the image afterwards. I hope this helps.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 2:04 PM
Thanks, Morphead. I will test these values and consider adding them to EZ Bake's presets.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 2:52 PM
Blender still gets me horribly lost almost as soon as I open it, but it's nice to know that when (or if) I ever figure out what I'm doing I can actually make stuff in the Sims with it more easily now. Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 11:45 PM
Very cool, thank you for the reply! I've wanted to download it for a while now but have been worried about side effects. I'm going to give it a try.
#21 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 4:02 AM
Your Blender PlugIn and Mac OSX
Dear CMO, almighty ALL,

First all, my gratitude to CMO for developing such plugin for Blender/TS3. Excellent work.

I'm a Macintosh user, and have been working sparingly with Blender v2,49 — I'm in fact a huge fan of Cinema 4D.
Yet, your plugin is truly inspirational; thus, in order to get to work with it, I'd like to ask you a couple questions:
  • have you tested it in a stabled version, such as 2.49?
  • Do you think it works — or have you tested it — in Blender for OSX?

I thank you in advance for your time and patience.

All the best,

Eddie
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 4:20 AM
It will not work in 2.49, the API is much different. There is a plugin for 2.49 HERE. It consists of import/export scripts only.

I'm not sure my plugin works in Blender for OSX. The above mentioned plugin for 2.49 does, however.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
#23 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 5:19 AM
Default I'll test it in Mac
Dear CMO,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
It will not work in 2.49, the API is much different. There is a plugin for 2.49 HERE. It consists of import/export scripts only.

I'm not sure my plugin works in Blender for OSX. The above mentioned plugin for 2.49 does, however.

I just downloaded Blender v.2.56 beta and will begin trying your plugin next week. This week is Carnival — I'm currently in Brazil — and things are a bit "complicated" around here (constant black-outs, too many internet connection dropouts, and so forth) till Friday or so.
I'll do my best to keep you up to date with the testing.

Cheers,

Eddie
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 8:58 AM
Excuse me, can you make import/export GEOM for blender 2.5?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 7:21 PM
im hoping that someone makes a tutorial for object creation using this instead of milkshape, this is a brilliant tool! thank you for creating a wonderful add-on. hopefully i can figure out how to mesh now!
thanks again
Page 1 of 9