Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:44 AM
Default WCIF finance mods (AKA banking serivces, stock trading, finance careers etc)
I would like some mods that revolve around business and finance. The closest thing I could find was a stock market mod that hasn't been updated in quite a while. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:57 AM
Not exactly what you're looking for, but:

1. NRaas Story Progression+Money will give you some additional finance options (loans, taxes, etc) that the whole town can take advantage of.

2. Missy Hissy's banking career will give you a career option, though it's more limited to personal banking. There's an accountant career on that site, too.

3. Finally, there's Buzzler's old Lost and Found stock market mod that relied on some old hidden libraries in the engine, but it hasn't been updated since Showtime or Pets, and I have no idea if it works or not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:16 PM Last edited by crispman322 : 20th Oct 2014 at 5:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simb0t
Not exactly what you're looking for, but:

1. NRaas Story Progression+Money will give you some additional finance options (loans, taxes, etc) that the whole town can take advantage of.

2. Missy Hissy's banking career will give you a career option, though it's more limited to personal banking. There's an accountant career on that site, too.

3. Finally, there's Buzzler's old Lost and Found stock market mod that relied on some old hidden libraries in the engine, but it hasn't been updated since Showtime or Pets, and I have no idea if it works or not.

Thanks. I notice there aren't a lot of mods for this kind of stuff, so that's too bad.

EDIT: Surprisingly, that old stock market mod is still functional!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#4 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crispman322
EDIT: Surprisingly, that old stock market mod is still functional!
It is? Whoa!

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
It is? Whoa!

If this is the case, I've got a backup save to make and a new career for my sim to try.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:16 AM
Can confirm - Buzzler's Lost&Found: Stock Market seems to work fine on 1.67. Buying, selling and research all fully functional over multiple sim days. Huzzah!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
It is? Whoa!

My sim can confirm, he just made 75,000 on Westerness Development Ventures. Haven't had any problems with it yet, aside from stocks disappearing after a while. I don't suppose you have any plans to make a newer version/make your own version, after all this time?

EDIT: Having tons of fun using this mod with "ultimate careers". My sim with a business career just heads to the office and trades stocks all day :3
Forum Resident
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 7:59 PM
Sorry to bring back this thread but in case anyone else goes searching for information on this and since this is something I'm personally passionate about I want to share these other two mods:

1. Ani's Tax collector mod now hosted at Nraas which could be used to set up accounts if you use the information in the FAQ. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=438835
2. Non-core global ebanking mod - which allows you to do online banking.http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=438835

Sorry for the zombification. Just wanted to share this since I just found it.