Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 8:28 AM
Default NPC custom roles
Ok, let's take a look at this mod
http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/...anysim-ivy.html

Basically the mod create a custom role for an NPC. Aside from our typical bouncers, bartenders, waiters, we can assign role for an NPC to show up just to occupy space. If this is a movie, it would be the "extra", "background people" kind of thing. Problem: this mod is no longer supported, and not working with current patch.

Anyone know of similar mod or workaround?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 9:34 PM
Hmm, I have it in my game with the latest patch and have had no problems. Other than that, MasterController has the option to "Add Sim" to a community lot and they act like it's their home lot. You have to turn the option on under settings and then it should be at the top of the list on any lot.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nylaba
Hmm, I have it in my game with the latest patch and have had no problems. Other than that, MasterController has the option to "Add Sim" to a community lot and they act like it's their home lot. You have to turn the option on under settings and then it should be at the top of the list on any lot.

Really? Virtual Artisan's mod still works?

And yes I have been wondering about that "Add Sim" feature as well. Can we ... even get to control these sims at all or they just wander in the assigned community lot?

Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 6:31 AM
Yep, you can assign your active family to a community lot. And I don't know about the rest of his mods, but the AnySim Ivy is working just fine in my game even with Register.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 7:05 AM
Alternatively, to take temporary control of a Sim and guide them to a community lot or whatever, you can assign them the ensorcelled moodlet via Master Controller. Although considering it lasts for four hours tops and then the Sim becomes non-active again, it's not ideal.
Theorist
#6 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:36 PM
I took the plunge with the ivy mod two days ago. It worked surprisingly. So now I have Security Guards, Lecturers, and all sorts walking in the buildings.
Use it together with inge's OFB object.

Quote: Originally posted by Nylaba

I also use this 'add sim' function, it works very nicely for hotels etc, but it seems to make Inge's OfB object not attract sims anymore, perhaps because the lot is kind of like a residential lot once you do the 'add sim' thing. I'm still experimenting with this though.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I took the plunge with the ivy mod two days ago. It worked surprisingly. So now I have Security Guards, Lecturers, and all sorts walking in the buildings.
Use it together with inge's OFB object.

I also use this 'add sim' function, it works very nicely for hotels etc, but it seems to make Inge's OfB object not attract sims anymore, perhaps because the lot is kind of like a residential lot once you do the 'add sim' thing. I'm still experimenting with this though.

I am back with some reports: Not sure if it was with this Downtown roles mod, but my game became laggy and crashed a lot. Either "Error 12" on save, and/or crash to desktop on edit town and stuff (Windows 7 message "The Sims 3 has stopped working"). I felt like I was playing early version of TS3 . I moved this mod out, did a few things. Game is rather stable now. No definite proof it is caused by this Downtown Roles mod. However, it is to note that I used to play on St. Claire, which seems to be a bigger/crowded map than Beach City and I rarely had Error 12 (unless I left the game on for 12 hours) and NEVER crashed to desktop (well, "never" for the last 6 months). I will test more when I have time.

Some people wrote that they could make certain roles to do stuff like ... dance. For me, I wanted to make extra sims as "masseuse/masseur" (because stupid Massage table has no service). And what I find out is these 2 sims I put on community lot are so chatty, and it's easier to get the Resort's front desk to Massage me than the "masseur" role sim. And the name/role/title are just ... names.

Meanwhile, how exactly are you supposed to add sims on community lot? I enabled Add Sim via Cityhall's MasterController. But in Edit town, I cannot place a new household into community lot, no matter what I tried. Please help on this.

Theorist
#8 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
I enabled Add Sim via Cityhall's MasterController. But in Edit town, I cannot place a new household into community lot, no matter what I tried. Please help on this.

The whole process is done in the Nraas menu's, not edit town. It's something like

1) enable add sim
2) go to MC > household > add sim
3) now choose your sim and then the desired address

Something like that anyway

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?