Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#476 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:07 PM
This is a woman I made for a poor peasant/fisherman family. I don't have her story yet.

Zita Ravelli

Traits:
Good
Green Thumb
Loves The Outdoors
Lucky
Unflirty

LTW: The Perfect Garden

Favs: Autumn Salad, French, Green
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#477 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 12:29 AM
i like the people you made! They look good, im going to try to start making people tonight,

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#478 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 1:23 AM
Alright, this is angie, the wife, i was wondering, could i have 1 custom hair? PLEASE! The EA hairs are ugly, and i could make her look a million times better, i used there hair for the pic, however idk if i would use this one because im not sure where i got it, but i have a lot of other great hairs, and if the people didnt want to download the hair, it would be ea replaced.
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#479 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:47 AM
here is the dad, rob. Let me know!(:
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#480 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:10 AM
i will help with your story tomorrow, dont have time at the moment, but here is the daughter, she is average as a teen, but much prettier as an adult. (: i still need to make her twin brother.
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#481 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:11 AM
oh and im glad you think she looks high maitinence, thats what i was going for! (: BWAHAHA,

Call me Tyu. (:
The other one
#482 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:42 AM
Urgh! Just realised I interupted your family, not once but twice!! How rude? Sorry, I didn't realise tht's what you were doing. I'll move my posts to here so you have better flow...

Post 1: Tyu, I have that hair I'm pretty sure it's Peggy Sims since I rarely DL hair and that's the only site other than MTS I DLed some from

Post 2:Rose, love your Dolciamore story (did I spell that right?) and what a looker! The family I made is also a family of 3 with a fisherman in but I'm not sure how I'm gonna explain how they ended up in Porto Corrado...might need some suggestions.

Since we'r all doing updates....I'll need to write it properly but the story I had in mind was that Dante was a local fisherman who lived in the port with his wife and baby daughter Nicole and Natalia. His wife is a stereotypical Italian woman with child bearing hips and a love for cooking, she grows her own vegetables to ensure she has the freshest ingredients. She's a stay at home mum who fulfills her pashion for painting and gardening when she gets the chance. Anyway, somewhere along the line Dante's fishing vessel gets caught up in a massive storm and the boat capsizes killing all on board except Dante (I'm wondering whether or not I should say he lost his Dad and/or brother in the accident?). From that day forth Dante can't bring himself to set foot on a boat again and developes the hydrophobia trait. All he's ever known is fishing so he struggles to find a new job on dry land and has to make do with doing occassional handy work for his neighbours. To make ends meet Nicole manages to find a part time job (grocery store maybe? Or possible ends up on the bottom rung of the culinary career). Dante struggles to come to terms with the fact that his wife is the main bread winner now and often lashes out (hot headed trait) in anger and frustration. Will they manage to pull through these hard times together as a family or will their ever spiraling debts and constant financial hardships drive a wedge through their relationship?

I was toying with the idea of making Natalia pregnant before uploading...is that allowed?

Also, how do you get the pics to show up in that little screenshots box?

I'm off to get some pics to show my progress, back in a mo.

Agreed Tyu, she looks very high maintenance

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
The other one
#483 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:38 AM Last edited by missroxor : 24th Aug 2010 at 8:01 AM.
Default Esposito Family
WIP

Dante Esposito
Traits:Hot-headed, Handy, Hydrophobic, Frugal, Angler
LTW:The Tinkerer (I was hoping for Jack of all trades but it didn't pop up with this trait combination and then I decided that if he was really desperate for work he wouldn't be quiting jobs willy nilly)
Bio:All Dante has ever known is fishing. He worked alongside his father and brother on their family fishing boat from the moment he left school as did so many Esposito men before him. The great storm of 2008 changed everything. The Esposito men were caught out by the freak storm which capsized their little boat. Dante's father was never seen again from the moment the boat went over but Dante and his brother, Ulisse braved the storm and held on battling the roaring ocean for another 2 hours. Eventually the storm passed and Dante and his brother were left bobbing in the ocean waiting for help. By the time they were found 5 hours later Ulisse had succumbed to hypothermia. The traditions of a hundred generations of Esposito men died that night since Dante hasn't been able to face going out on the ocean ever since. Now he scrapes together a living mostly from doing odd jobs for neighbours. He stubbornly resents himself for not being able to provide for his family which often manifests itself in tense arguements with Nicole. Can Dante pull himself together and out of debt for the sake of his young family?

Nicole Esposito
Traits:Family Orientated, Neat, Hopeless Romantic, Green Thumb, Artisitic
LTW:The Perfect Garden
Bio:Nicole met Dante at mass when they were 8 years old and for her it was love at first sight. She knew she'd met the man she was going to marry and grow old with...the trouble was convincing him that she didn't have cooties. It only took almost a decade for Dante to realise girls weren't disgusting and that Nicole was actually quite beautiful. Five years on and Nicole was on cloud nine; married to the man of her dreams, living in the beautiful little cottage she'd inherited from her grandmother and they were expecting their first child together. Things couldn't get any better....which is probably why they got worse. These days money is tight and tempers are frayed. Nicole is learning to play down her excitement on the odd occassion that she manages to sell one of her paintings for a pittance and she tries not to talk about her new job at the grocery store, it's only fuel for the fire of anger within Dante. His mood swings are so unpredictable these days but Nicole puts on a brave face for her daughter, Natalia's sake. She wishes she could give Natalia the world but it looks like she might have to settle for home made spaghetti and lots of hugs.

Natalia Esposito
Traits:Artistic, friendly
LTW:N/A
Bio:N/A

My images are inline since I don't know how to do the screenshots thing without linking to photobucket They're also a bit pants but I'll do proper ones when I'm finished with them. PS Rose, this is what sims look like without custom skins

Edit: Oh yeah, here's their cottage (lot 8, port):
It's not finished yet. I was concerned it didn't look poor enough but then I figured if it used to belong to a little old lady it'd be fine to put flowers around and shutters etc...I'll just make them look a bit battered and make the furniture look a bit worn from age. Also, Nicole's a keen gardener so I'm probably gonna try to fit more plants in around that left hand side next to the car port.

Tyu, my main issue was not knowing how to explain their appearance in the town since they have no family but I think I did ok there. The only thing I need to know now is can I make her secretly pregnant (just to add to their financial hardship )? Will she export like that and is it allowed? Of course any feedback is welcome

Scholar
#484 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:45 AM
look good! two things, on nicole, can you maybe make her lips smaller, and her eyebrows thinner? i think she is looking a little manly.

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
The other one
#485 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:03 AM Last edited by missroxor : 24th Aug 2010 at 6:19 AM.
Manly? Really? I think she's really cute looking All my sims have big lips 'cause I have quite thin lips in RL and I hate them I will give it a shot though....I think I might've saved Dante to the sim bin but not sure I did for Nicole and Natalia might have forgotten to do it 'cause I don't normally save sims. That would suck if I didn't but I have no qualms about recreating her if I need to. I thought I'd made her a natural cook anyway but for some reason I made her neat instead so it will give me the opportunity to rectify that.

EDIT: Decided I might as well download the CC but I can't find Aikea Guinea's faces (there is no skin on his/her MTS page and I can't see any at club crimsyn either)
or Kittyklan default facial hair (well, I found them but they're all individual styles, are we using all of them or is there one big pack I'm not seeing).

Tyu, While I was looking for a link to the CC I noticed several posts on the first page of this thread discussing how they don't want to use CC for sims if it can be helped and HP says you can't use anything from a pay site which I think Peggy sims is even though that particular hair is free. They said if you absoulutely have to use CC please try to stick to MTS since it's a MTS product. Sorry.

Forum Resident
#486 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 1:20 PM
Conner, great job on the barbie look! Yes, she does look very high maintanance. So does the daughter. They will probably be very upset that Porto Corrado doesn't have a shoe store, lol!
For the man could you perhaps try to make his nose a bit more prominent? It looks a bit small... but that might be me, I have a thing for noses, lol!

The cc hair is very pretty, but I'm afraid we won't be able to use it. I know it's frustrating to get the right hair, because we have so little to work with. You could make an alternative download for them.

Maggie, I love your family and the story is wonderful too. The child baring hips and cooties realy made me laugh.
I don't think the woman looks to manly. She's very cute. Her features seem to fit with her charater.
And Conner, I don't think poor women have money for tweezers, lol.

I'm afraid we do already have a man by the name Dante, but I really like the name Ullise you came up with. It sicks with you.

The Aikea Guinea faces are here, way at the bottom of the thread: http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/...lt+replacements
The title says: "Default Replacement Skintones for TS3 - Even More Separated" And there's a picture of a sim with his hand in front of his mouth.
The kittyclan facial hair are individuals. I downloaded them all and their the same as the ones in game, only more subtle.

If you want the pictures in the screenbox, you can upload them here. If you go advanced and look at the additional options (under all the smilies), you'll see a button that says: Manage Attachments. When you click it, you can upload up to 8 pictures per post.

Anyway, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I updated the sims info a while ago in the General information thread. I've listed them by traits too, so it will be easier for us to pick the ones that aren't so common yet.
Scholar
#487 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:13 PM
Miss, i didnt mean thiner, i meant how far they go across her face, maybe . . .condense them (not sure if thats a better word..)

Rose: glad you like her, i will play with his nose on him, but even if found one free hair, because there are other CC items used, im not sure i see the issue with having one custom hair, because if they dont choose to download it, then it would just be replaced with an EA hair, again, it does not have to be that hair if its from a partially pay site, but if were going to have more then 1 high maintenance family, then im going to need at least one high maintenance hair.

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#488 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:24 PM
here is the bigger nose rose, is it better? also, im going to work on making a twin brother, and the little girl (or boy...havent decided)
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#489 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 9:10 PM
alright, here is the other twin and there little boy, i also put a different
CC hair on the mom, this one could also work, All kids grow up to look fantastic,
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#490 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 9:41 PM
OMG! It's the barbie family, lol! They're very cute Tyu! She looks even more high maintanance this way. Even they eye color looks artificial, hihi. His nose is much better, btw.

Yeah... I know about the hair! Ehm.. what I'm worried about if people don't download the cc hair, it might get replaced by the strange Agnes Crumplebottom hairdo that no one ever uses, lol. That would ruin her!
But if you really want the cc hair, then personally I have no problem with it (as long as it's free of course). But let's through it in the group so we can all decide. It would make sense though if you picked a hair that is also usable for other sims, so we can all benefit from it.

And because it's a bit hard to vote... I'm going to do this:

All in favour of using 1 piece of cc hair click the agree/disagree button below.
Scholar
#491 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 11:18 PM
Thanks! (: and there eye colors, are perfect, lol. (: one of best friends has these eyes, and she is beautiful, so maybe thats why i like them....(:
Well, if we pack it right, it will all come with the world, and i know its free, i will just have to find it, (: Other people could obviously use this hair if they so choose, and i would probably use it again on my other 'perfect' familys, it can be the 'were way to pretty, and we have way to much money for you!' Clique. (: lol, the possibilitys,

Tyu

Call me Tyu. (:
The other one
#492 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 11:56 PM
Ok, I've updated the family (I gave in and DL'ed awesomemod so I could play with Nicole and Natalia without starting over ). I also DL'ed the CC listed except the beards, I can't believe the difference it's made, I am now a complete custom skins convert!! :lovestruc

Visual changes made:

All now have new skin and eyes.
All clothes have been cleaned up a little since I think they were a bit too grubby before...being poor doesn't mean you can't wash!
Nicole: Lips slightly tapered and lipstick changed to Arisuka's...I think it's made a world of difference. I actually like her eyebrows, they remind me of Natalie Portman's and she's definately not manly but I took on board what you said and made them lighter in colour so they don't stand out so much.
I haven't actually changed her nose at all but it looks more straight now because of the CC skin.
I changed Natalia's eyes to green because in almost every other way she takes after her mum. Now she has something of her Dad's. I also lightened her eyebrows like her mum's.

Also, Dante is now called Ulisse, his brother in the story can be....um...Demitri. Do we have one of those?

Below is their Bios again, anything bolded has been changed:
Ulisse Esposito
Traits:Hot-headed, Handy, Hydrophobic, Frugal, Angler
LTW:The Tinkerer (I was hoping for Jack of all trades but it didn't pop up with this trait combination and then I decided that if he was really desperate for work he wouldn't be quiting jobs willy nilly)
Bio:All Ulisse has ever known is fishing. He worked alongside his father and brother on their family fishing boat from the moment he left school as did so many Esposito men before him. The great storm of 2008 changed everything. The Esposito men were caught out by the freak storm which capsized their little boat. Ulisse's father was never seen again from the moment the boat went over but Ulisse and his brother, Demitri braved the storm and held on battling the roaring ocean for another 2 hours. Eventually the storm passed and Ulisse and his brother were left bobbing in the ocean waiting for help. By the time they were found 5 hours later Demitri had succumbed to hypothermia. The traditions of a hundred generations of Esposito men died that night since Ulisse hasn't been able to face going out on the ocean ever since. Now he scrapes together a living mostly from doing odd jobs for neighbours. He stubbornly resents himself for not being able to provide for his family which often manifests itself in tense arguements with Nicole. Can Ulisse pull himself together and out of debt for the sake of his young family?

Nicole Esposito
Traits:Family Orientated, Natural Cook, Hopeless Romantic, Green Thumb, Artisitic
LTW:Celebrated 5-Star Chef
Bio:Nicole met Ulisse at mass when they were 8 years old and for her it was love at first sight. She knew she'd met the man she was going to marry and grow old with...the trouble was convincing him that she didn't have cooties. It only took almost a decade for Ulisse to realise girls weren't disgusting and that Nicole was actually quite beautiful. Five years on and Nicole was on cloud nine; married to the man of her dreams, living in the beautiful little cottage she'd inherited from her grandmother and they were expecting their first child together. Things couldn't get any better....which is probably why they got worse. These days money is tight and tempers are frayed. Nicole is learning to play down her excitement on the odd occassion that she manages to sell one of her paintings for a pittance and she tries not to talk about her new job at the grocery store, it's only fuel for the fire of anger within Ulisse. His mood swings are so unpredictable these days but Nicole puts on a brave face for her daughter, Natalia's sake. She wishes she could give Natalia the world but it looks like she might have to settle for home made spaghetti and lots of hugs.
Natalia Esposito
Traits:Artistic, friendly
LTW:N/A
Bio:N/A
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#493 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 8:00 AM
What a huge difference, Maggie! They look lovely! And she is so pretty in a natural way. Their daughter is going to grow up to be really cute too.
I had the same reaction as you when I first installed the cc. It's surprising what a difference it makes. The beards are good too. They look very realistic.

About the pregnancy question... I don't know if it's possible, but why don't you upload the family so we can test it? I'm very curious to see if it works!
btw, do you have an empty cas screen installed there? That color looks really nice for taking pictures. I had one installed, but it was just grey and it made my eyes very tired after a while.

Conner have you found out yet where the hair comes from? If we are going to have cc hair, I think it should be top notch. After all this woman would not settle for anything less than perfect, don't you agree? And although the style looks really lovely, there might be better ones out there. The top at the scalp looks a bit too thin for my liking.

Your best friend has eyes like that? If she has that color too, she might stare right into your soul! You don't have escand's eyes installed right? That will make them even prettier.

I'm trying to write down the story for the Ventura family and it's killing me. Because english is not my native language, I have to make sure stuff doesn't get lost in translation. It might end up as a short story instead of a summary, lol.
Scholar
#494 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 4:33 PM
Rose: i have not looked actually (sorry!) but i will get on that today hopefully, yes, i agree, and i have a lot of other hairs we can use, the only problem i have is, all my files have to be in .sims3pack We got a virus from the installer monkey and it ruined my last computer, so it is completely blocked from my computer, so it makes it much more limited, and thats why i also dont have the other eyes installed, and wont unless its in .sims3pack, same with the facial hair.....hmmm....hopefully she does. lol.

If you need help with words i can sure help you,

Miss: the mom looks so much better, the lips look perfect now! (: Great work!

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#495 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 6:12 PM
okay, here are two hairs that i have gotten, and are free, they look good to me,

http://www.xmsims.com/sims3/ehtm/fhair/fhair007.html -the top one.

http://www.xmsims.com/sims3/ehtm/fhair/fhair010.html -the top one, im not 100% sure i have those,

i also konw there is another site or two im forgetting to look at, because there label is in my game, but i do not have the game open, and dont have time at the moment, so ill look more later.

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#496 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 6:20 PM
That sounds like a drag! Are there many sites that have hairs as .sims3pack?
Could you upload your family here, because I'd love to see what they look like with the cc. Then I'll make pictures so you can see it too.

Oooh, I take it you might like this girl more than just a friend?

If you want to help me out with the story, that would be very much appreciated! I'll let you know how much I have so far.
Field Researcher
#497 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 7:47 PM
Sorry i've been gone so long i didn't think making a website would take so long hehe... but now i'm back to simming full time and i see i have alot to read so will update and comment everything.

I also have to get the Gypsy's done i don't think i finished them.

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
The other one
#498 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 10:56 PM
Rose, I'll impregnate her and package them up when I'm next in game. The back drop is just one I made in game, white seemed too stark, I wanted something softer. All except the pic of Natalia as a Y/A which was done in CAS and I photoshopped the walls to match the rest.

Tyu
, it's very possible I'm just completely misunderstanding the whole point of the helper monkey since I'm an IT biff but I thought all it did was set up the framework for you which can be done manually anyway. Could you not do it manually, D/L packages then check them all with dashboard and your anti virus provider thingy?

SimGirl, we haven't met yet but I noticed you did a lot of the work on here already, welcome back

Scholar
#499 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:34 AM
Miss, no because im not allowed to place the file where its supposed to go, its confusing, and i barely understand it lol.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#500 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:26 AM
Hello Miss nice to meet you

Mel i am loving your simmies they are gorgeous omg i love them all i can't pick they are all great and unique looking

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality

Page 20 of 21