Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:12 PM
Default Need help on new custom objects!
Okay so I'm a total noob when it comes to creating custom content and I apologise if I post this in the incorrect place, so please excuse me if my questions sounds rather stupid, BUT, I desperately need help on this and I really hope someone would have the time to guide me through this issue!

Okay so I decided to try out meshing trees, rocks, plants etc. for a new world I'm busy creating, It's for sims 3 BTW. The 3d programs that I'll be using for this is speedtree and blender. I have all the other required software installed needed to create custom content. Now secondly I start with brand new meshes and since I have a rather artistic side especially when it involves nature, I enjoy meshing a lot and not to brag, but some of the content I'm busy with looks amazing so far for low poly objects. So yes the awesome part is just that. But now I'm stuck, I created a few trees using speedtree the version is earlier than v5.0. and since I have searched everywhere for tutorials on HOW to get this file (speedtree file only) to appear in game, I found nothing so far that really was able to guide me to understanding on how to achieve this. Now what I want to know about this is for instance: now I have a speedtree file of a complete tree with animations etc. basically everything it needs to dazzle up my game. how on earth do I start about getting this file to work in CAW and IN GAME? It isn't cloned from any other metadata object, I created it from scratch. so what files do I need to combine with this file (such as footprint files, obj files, img files etc. etc.) in s3pe, where do I get these files or should I create them myself? what should the field values of each file be? (such as obj file type, instance in S3PE etc.), how do I create these files if I need to? should it include scripts? and how do I create a script for a tree file? Information regarding UV maps? does speedtree automatically create a UV map contained in the tree file or should it be imported into blender and then have one created? how do I import files from speedtree into blender? what files do I need to import along with the tree file into S3pe, what files should I combine and where do I place the files if all is done? I have basic knowledge around S3PE and know how to use it but I have trouble figuring out what I should put in the instance and type fields and what to do for the correct tags to show up? Please please PLEASE will someone guide me through this, I really want to create custom outdoor objects since there is a lack of these objects in the community! I would love to create trees, plants, rocks and coral, and If all goes according to plan I will upload them. and I really don't want to ask someone else to do it for me, it's just that I want to experience this by myself and I really want to LEARN how those awesome cc creators do what they do best! create sims cc!! Pwetty PWEEEEEZ
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 7:07 PM
Well judging by the fact that I have zero replies, I tried doing everything myself with my little knowledge and the use of rather dull complicating tutorials since no one had the time or wanted to guide me through this process.. but thanks for the views anyway (not that it matters)....... I'm having progress and created my first custom content and tested it in game and I am really enjoying it.