Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 6:26 PM
This isn't the BBS, don't bump.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 4:50 AM
The sliders seem to be working great! I'm patched to 1.42 with no issue's Thank you for creating them
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 2:25 AM
Thanks for these updated sliders, I was going crazy looking for your original thread and then I noticed this one.

So far I've had no bugs at all, I'd dare to say this upload is ready :D
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 10:36 PM
Thanks for the update of these very useful sliders! All sliders are working fine for me except the brow thickness slider - no matter in what direction I move the slider, the eyebrows always get thinner instead of thicker when moved to the right. Your old brow thickness slider was working fine for me and it is the slider I use almost on every sim (I like thicker eyebrows).
Test Subject
#55 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 7:20 AM
I have exactly the same problem as Simlicious but with the Eye Length slider, which is my favorite slider. ;_;
Btw, thanks for the hard work and for sharing the sliders.
Test Subject
#56 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:45 PM
Has any one updated to 1.47 yet? Do they still work? My game auto-updated and now I'm having CAS issues...
Test Subject
#57 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:20 PM Last edited by Siren : 18th Mar 2013 at 4:12 PM.
These sliders are GENIUS, and thanks so much for sharing them! I've found the eyebrow distance and thickness sliders particularly useful, since I was frustrated to discover The Sims 3 removed the option to sculpt eyebrows in any kind of meaningful way. (They really define the face, and most TS3 brows are way too thin or far apart, and need to be beefed up a bit.) I've actually kept both the old and new versions of your eyebrow thickness slider, since the file names were different enough that they don't overwrite. These have proven invaluable to me in creating sims ...

... until recently, when the new eyebrow thickness slider borked: Sliding to both ends of the scale now only makes eyebrows thinner, which is unfortunately the exact opposite of what I want (see below). I'm still trying to determine what causes it, but removing newly installed sliders and other mods hasn't helped, so I suppose it might be AwesomeMod. (I can't test custom sliders without it in place, and seeing other posters speculate has convinced me it might be the culprit.)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how I might fix this, or otherwise help me out? The borked slider has stalled progress on my Fire Nation royal family, which I'd like to release here once they're complete. And I'd really like to find a way around this without waiting for the next release of AwesomeMod, which might take awhile, and fail to fix the problem anyway.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, and I hope you all have a nice weekend.

Sample pics...

Before bork:

After bork:

(See what I mean? Azula looks way too gentle and not nearly fierce enough without the fierce eyebrows! Argh, must fix this...)

EDIT: Fixed with the latest release of AwesomeMod and deletion of my .cache files. (Which is curious, because removing AwesomeMod from the game didn't help the original problem, but hey ... bygones.) Progress continues apace
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Telishathompson : 3rd Mar 2013 at 4:55 PM.
It seems that it's very easy for something to conflict with Eye Length slider. I'm patched to 1.50 and it's not properly work IE moving it to left or right makes the corners wider and bigger.

EDIT: I've come to the conclusion that the Eye Length slider, in general, conflicts very easily. I can load my game and it works fine, then leave the game for a few hours and load it up again without adding any CC and the slider conflicts.
Test Subject
#59 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 5:35 PM
Lovee these sliders thank youu
Forum Resident
#60 Old 1st May 2013 at 10:46 AM
I think 100% of serious sim creators use these sliders, they are just essential to create distinctive look. Thank you so much for creating them.
(just curious: why don't you upload these as official sliders in Downloads section? there is much more exposure there for downloader who are unaware of these)
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:38 AM
ihave the same problem as Siren. The Brow Thickness mod is borked. No matterwhw whether i slide it left or right, it only gets thinner. I:

- deleted the cache

- tried reinstalling the brow thickness mod (it worked at first but not anymore)

- however, i've never had AwesomeMod installed as a core mod and instead had CmarNYC's core mod installed.

Could this be because of a conflict? or is something wrong with the Brow Thickness mod itself?
Test Subject
#62 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 3:22 PM
just want to let you know that this works with patch 1.55! but I also has the same problem with Siren and dasdichterandrin, can you fix it? Overall thanks!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 7:31 AM
Sadly I doubt this will be fixed, as I don't think Bela has logged posted since 2012. Guess we have to see if any other intrepid creators can fix them?
Test Subject
#64 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 12:52 PM
Did anyone find a better brow thickness slider?
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 6:06 PM
@Mukora, according to his profile it says he was last on yesterday.
Test Subject
#66 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
@Mukora, according to his profile it says he was last on yesterday.

I tried PMing him but he didn't reply.. And seeing that he isn't replying here either, Maybe we should all PM him?
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 11:48 AM
I'm sure he's just busy, when he's ready he'll come back. I wouldn't recommend everybody bothering him at once, or he might not bother coming back at all.

Jasumi here at ModtheSims also has a similar slider for both males and females.
Test Subject
#68 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 10:27 AM
I checked out Jasumi's page, but i don't see anything similar to 'Brow Thickness'? i only see 'Eyebrow Ridge' which isn't quite the same
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dasdichterandrin
I checked out Jasumi's page, but i don't see anything similar to 'Brow Thickness'? i only see 'Eyebrow Ridge' which isn't quite the same

It's similar though.
Test Subject
#70 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:10 AM
Default Aide sliders
Coucou à tous, voilà cela fait un bon moment que je suis à la recherche de sliders pour les sims 3 seulement des que j'en trouve, ils ne fonctionnent pas!
J'en recherche pour affiner le visage.. si quelqu'un peut m'aider ce serait vraiment sympa!
Bonne journée à vous =)
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 12:50 PM
@lisabm7804, they are working for me just fine. Also, I don't think you're allowed to speak any other language than English. I could be wrong though.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andictator
just want to let you know that this works with patch 1.55! but I also has the same problem with Siren and dasdichterandrin, can you fix it? Overall thanks!

Thanks I was wondering since; this hasn't been updated o.o and I'm testing to see if I put the awesomemod right.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 3:29 PM
@lisabm7804:

You need a slider hack for the sliders to work properly, since there is only room for a few more sliders until you reach the limit. The slider hacks increase that limit, making room for more custom sliders. There are several different hacks around. One is included in the awesomemod, CmarNYC has included that functionality in her XCas Core Mod; there is a slider hack by #Awt at S-Club and Twallan's Master Controller has a slider unlock functionality as well (you have to enable it from the game, though). You need to choose one of these hacks and install it to make all the sliders work properly. Otherwise, some EA sliders get overruled by the custom sliders!

Also make sure you have installed the slider packages in the correct location! Browse the MTS help section for installation guides.
Test Subject
#74 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 2:39 PM
Thank you very much!
But where i can download awesomemod ? and how?
Test Subject
#75 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 1:25 AM
Default Slider limit?
Hi! First time writing...

I was looking EVERYWHERE for increase slider of x8. x5 isn't strong enough. Don't steal my idea, but I wanted to make a cyclop by making eyes huge and close enough together that they flow into one. I used to do that so easily with Sims 2 Bodyshop, but in Sims 3 can't figure out how. I only need eye distance slider to be very crazy powerful of atleast x7 so it works!

Thanks, hope you can help me out..

~Aluna
Locked thread
Page 3 of 4