Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 6:19 PM
Default Why where baby bottles always green?
That just makes no sense. I've always wondered why Maxis made them like that. It's just too unrealistic. And besides, there is no such thing as "green" baby formula. It's so weird. Well i'm glad some modders where able to make them white.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 6:27 PM
Why are you asking us? We didn't do it.

Anyway, baby bottles might as well be made of green plastic as anything else. I've seen them in all sorts of colors, or clear.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Imagine Wonderfully!
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Why are you asking us? We didn't do it.

Anyway, baby bottles might as well be made of green plastic as anything else. I've seen them in all sorts of colors, or clear.

No, i'm not asking you i'm just asking in general. Do you prefer them green or white?
Alchemist
#4 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 6:32 PM
The formula isn't green, the bottle is. Why make it a solid color? Because that's easier than making a clear bottle with liquid that sloshes around and slowly empties as a baby or toddler drinks it.

I thought this was going to be about spoiled bottles.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 8:36 PM
Maybe it's because green is also gender neutral. I'd prefer white, though. Most non-fancy bottles are white or clear. I've used a bottle default most of the time, and now I've got a bunch of non-defaults to pick from, so the green bottle doesn't bother me.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 9:12 PM
I just figured it had something to do with aliens....

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 9:30 PM
I just thought it supposed to be like the plumbob but a darker shade of it, and being a gender neutral colour helps too. The green has never bothered me as you can get bottles in all sorts of colours. I've just left them green.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Theorist
#8 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 9:38 PM
The baby's bassinet and onesie were light green in TS1 so to me the green was just associated with "baby sim" and didn't really bother me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:24 PM
Because they are EA, that's why. These are people who think 'angry poop' is a thing. It's green glass not green milk. Just use a default, I have for years. There are heaps around, I use this one: http://modthesims.info/d/221687

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#10 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:54 PM
like another poster told; solid color probably was easier to program than clear/transparent. though any single color would be easy to program; each color as easy to program as any other.

green; not sure of it being gender neutral. recall from some non-sim source that dark colors (blue, green, purple) are generally masculine and that light colors (red, orange, yellow) are generally feminine.
one reason for green might be aliens like another poster speculated.

Sims1; the crib/bassinet and baby's blanket I recall was more turquoise than green.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 11:31 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Oct 2016 at 11:55 PM.
I'd guess green as opposed to pink and blue is gender neutral enough. Still, white would have looked more milk-like. I think the TS4 bottle is white, so that's one thing they got 'right' (but the bottle looks horrible because of the awful textures, so it's still a fail).

And maybe you're confusing it with cold (blue, purple, green) versus warm colors (red, yellow, orange)? Pastels (light colors) tend to be a little more feminine, while more vibrant colors (darker) often tend to be more masculine (in baby/kids sections, at least - the boy section from one and up often has dark, vibrant colors, and the girl section often has all the purple, pink and pastel colors). Some of the vibrant colors also show up in gender-neutral sections of the shops, if there even is one. Found a great shop a while ago where most of the baby clothes were gender neutral (cute animal prints and the like - so adorable!), and in mostly white mixed with vibrant colored prints.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 11:51 PM
Oh, gender schmender. Colors are colors.
I sometimes think I might want a white or clear default, but can never be bothered to actually get one. And lately, with most of my babies breastfed and toddlers mush-fed, I hardly ever see the bottle anymore. Still, I agree that it would've made more sense to make it plain white.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Scholar
#13 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 11:06 PM
I would have appreciated random colours, but it would be a lot of information to use on a small detail.
Instructor
#14 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 3:08 AM
I've been using the 4t2 baby bottle default replacement from here: http://digitalperversion.net/garden...09587#msg709587
for a while now, so I nearly forgot all about the green bottles.
I think it's because the plumbob is green? Just a wild guess.
Imagine Wonderfully!
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
I've been using the 4t2 baby bottle default replacement from here: http://digitalperversion.net/garden...09587#msg709587
for a while now, so I nearly forgot all about the green bottles.
I think it's because the plumbob is green? Just a wild guess.

Maybe when the babies and toddlers drink the green milk it helps them keep they're plumbob green!