Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 1:09 AM
Even if these things don't make it into the game, you can expect people will mod it in, and make custom objects, just like they did for ts2 and ts1.
I think they're trying to make it easier [for their players] to produce and upload custom content too, now. As they've been saying.

Regarding woohoo, let me tell you something funny.
I was playing and I showed my 5 year old brother the 'woohooing' (in the bed, harmless) because of how maxis has it.
Anyways I said 'look' and he started laughing and said 'they're having a celebration in their bed!' LOL.
Advertisement
#52 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 3:41 AM
LOL!!! Celebration in their bed. XD Adorable.
Instructor
#53 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 3:50 AM
I think smoking in the sims is fine. Maybe it'll make them age twice as fast. xD
Mad Poster
#54 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babicatz05
I think smoking in the sims is fine. Maybe it'll make them age twice as fast. xD

Lol. Kind of like the tobacco kills advertisements on the cigarette packages. What if they'll make the sims die realy fast, or make them smell bad, or develop horrible coughing fits?
Mad Poster
#55 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 5:40 AM
And have certain Sims not want to kiss a smoker Sim. After all, our Sims now get the "minty fresh" moodlet from brushing their teeth. So this can tie in with that.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 12:25 PM
Or if adult smokes while being pregnant, her child would have malformation.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 5:53 AM
Malformation would be kind of cool but I doubt that'll happen.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 8:06 PM
Yeah... Or if they would make a Nuclear EP
Mad Poster
#59 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 5:44 AM
Well, looks like it is official from the latest interview that the game will indeed still be a family-friendly game. So it will most likely still be of the same content of Sims 2. At least in terms of violence anyway. But I really doubt there will be alcohol and tobacco in the game, nor teen woohoo/teen pregnancy.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 1:35 PM
i love this thread haha all these ideas are pretty funny! you guys should make your own sim-like game with everything mentioned here and i'll be first in line to grab one!
Mad Poster
#61 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 4:49 AM
Well, at least we know that many of these ideas can turn into future mods for the game.
Instructor
#62 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
So we probably won't see any condom adverts or tobacco products in The Sims 3, but I'll bet stealing and violence will be viewed as okay!

Do you really want your sims to stop for a rubber when you tell them to woohoo? That would be a little bizarre. It would probably make kids figure things out a bit quicker than they should. It's good that kids think it's a celebration in bed like Christmas mentioned lol

Adding an Adults only EP would be brilliant. Infuriating to anyone under 18 though. In real life, I don't do too many naughty things, but my sims in TS2 are so innocent when it comes to anything adult and The adult sims sites seem to either have poor quality or make it a little too graphic for my taste. It'd be nice to not have the blur and to have anatomically correct sims.

They acted mildly drunk off the bar in The Sims 2 if you acted quick enough. Their inhibitions were lowered and they'd hit on other sims. Then they added the wine bar in Apartments.

It would be a little weird to see sims starting to light up. I could see it possibly being a idle action for sims based on personality traits though.

weird question, but does anyone know if urine will actually be yellow in TS3?
Mad Poster
#63 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 11:27 PM
No, we don't know that yet but I hope so. It makes more sense.
#64 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dlisted
Adding an Adults only EP would be brilliant. Infuriating to anyone under 18 though. In real life, I don't do too many naughty things, but my sims in TS2 are so innocent when it comes to anything adult and The adult sims sites seem to either have poor quality or make it a little too graphic for my taste. It'd be nice to not have the blur and to have anatomically correct sims.

I would definately by an Adults only EP in a heartbeat. What they should do is try to either make 2 EPS (Adult EP and another family oriented EP) and release them at the same time, or a couple of months afterwards. It will probably never happen due to the $$$ factor.

I miss the bar that they had in TS1, it was entertaining to see them act drunk.
Test Subject
#65 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 10:01 PM
I would indeed never happen. one it simply doesn't make sense financially, you making a EP that from the get go locks out a huge portion of your audience. Why would any company do that? Second It's just not part of the artistic vision of the Sims franchise, the only reason to do it would to to pander to a relatively small portion of your user base, which no offense seems silly.
I think it's something best left to custom content.
Instructor
#66 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 11:21 PM
I'm an adult and I like the sims just the way they are...silly and innocent. Hell, I don't even take off the censor blur in my game. That being said though, I wouldn't mind seeing an Al Capone-type character chomping on a cigar because that would just make the character for me. Actually if you look in the sims2 there are some little wink, wink...nod, nod type things around. The bubble-blower for sure and I have always thought that the slacker career reward was a little suspicious.

As for the twisted morality thing, most of that stuff is fantasy...the programmers probably feel that if you can't do it in real life, then it's OK to put it in...i.e. necromancy and alien abductions.

Dream
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#67 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dlisted
Do you really want your sims to stop for a rubber when you tell them to woohoo?
It would be a little weird to see sims starting to light up. I could see it possibly being a idle action for sims based on personality traits though.

weird question, but does anyone know if urine will actually be yellow in TS3?

Well, just because the ads are going to be there, it doesn't mean the Sims have to actively endorse the products! I guess it's feasible that, if you register the game and state that you are over 18, you could get adult adverts... I just don't think it's something EA would do. I reckon it'll be more like daytime TV is- you'll get family friendly ads all the time, and when EA run out of sponsorship they'll peddle the latest EA Games.
I hope they don't do yellow pee- for one, what will Pescado have left to do? And second, I like my bodily fluids blue, like on the tampon adverts thankyou very much. If I really want to see yellow pee and realistically coloured vomit, I can just take a ride with my husband in his taxi on a Friday night to see plently of that around town. I play the Sims to get away from people, not to have them in my game. My sims are SIMS, dammit!
Page 3 of 3