Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 5:27 PM
Default Weddings and Marriage in TS3?
I didn't see this posted yet, so...

What changes and improvements do you think they'll make as far as weddings go?

I'd really love to see more detail with weddings and be able to plan specific parts of the wedding such as food and choosing bridesmaids and having flower girls and so forth. Also it'd be nice if it went more smoothly, and your guests would actually sit down and watch the wedding instead of wandering around your property the whole time.

What do you guys think?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 5:32 PM
I'd like a more structured "day" in terms of weddings, so you can go to a specific place (church, town hall, vacation lot etc) and have a whole wedding day.

I'd also like it if "guests" could be more involved, for example having bridesmaids, best man etc and that they would actually watch the wedding!!!

One final point, I'd like it if your wedding could be customisable, so you can arrange for a photographer, and end up with a wedding albulm. That would be cool.
#3 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 5:37 PM
I think it would be fun to hire a "wedding planner" before the wedding. And how much you pay them will effect how the wedding goes (and the party score [if there is one]; so if you pay a lot you're much more likely to get the "Roof Raiser" score). Maybe if you don't pay as much things will go wrong during the wedding (the food could burn, or the guests will be less entertained, etc) :p
#4 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 10:04 PM
I think it'd be fun if it were in a public area... the people walking around might stop and watch from a distance.. Or if there was an option to 'crash party' XD
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 11:04 PM
Wow... That would be fuuuuuuun!
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 11:52 PM
LOL crash party? Oh my! Imagine the evil, klepto sims wandering by a wedding! AHAHAH oh wow priceless...
#7 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 9:57 PM
I don't think they'd put in "church" weddings because of the religion factor, however, it would be nice to see them put in an area for marriages to take place in the sims 3 ...

personally, I'd like to see a "Get married here..." option so that you can choose which destination you want to get them married, especially when you're planning on having a grand wedding =P
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 3:02 AM
I agree with everyone's ideas (:

I just wanted to add that I wish you could invite A LOT more people.
#9 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 5:31 PM
Oooh, I really like the idea of the wedding planner.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 6:29 PM
I'd like it if the game atmosphere matched a desired theme of the wedding. Custom content allowed us to have the aesthetics, but the ceremony all had the same structure.

For example, a simple quiet wedding vs. a socialite's huge extravaganza vs. 'Shotgun Pete's'. Let's say the pie menu would be: Plan Wedding...Extravagant $$$, Traditional $$, Quickie $. Then choose a desired location with NPC's to do their bidding.

Extravagant wedding $$$ - Pick lots of bridesmaids and guests, get a gorgeous garden or castle for the location, get the best catering and most expensive cake, and a band guaranteed to keep all the guests' fun levels high.

Traditional $$ - Less bridesmaids, moderate guests, beautiful yet simple location, good food and cake, band plays mostly good songs however has a chance to throw in the chicken dance or smustle ><

Shotgun Pete's $ - Get married by Elvisim :P

I also strongly believe that there should be a chance a guest gets way too drunk and makes a fool of him/herself
#11 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 7:11 AM
I want better looking wedding gowns and also veils in the sims 3.I also want better looking arches.
#12 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 10:38 PM
^^Coughcelebrationstuffcough
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HyjaClinton
^^Coughcelebrationstuffcough

Yeah, but I don't feel like paying $20 or $30 dollars for some extra arches and cakes.

They need to include more options for stuff like this in TS3, without having to buy a stuff pack.
#14 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 5:49 AM
I don't have celebration stuff but I do however have some custom wedding gowns and veils.I didn't know that celebration stuff had wedding gowns and veils.
#15 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stellar
Yeah, but I don't feel like paying $20 or $30 dollars for some extra arches and cakes.

They need to include more options for stuff like this in TS3, without having to buy a stuff pack.

They wouldn't make anymore money. Get some CC...?
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyler
They wouldn't make anymore money. Get some CC...?

I do have CC, but for TS3, when it first comes out, there won't be CC for a little bit until everyone figures it out. So it would be awesome if they put in more options in the base game for that kind of stuff.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 8:19 PM
All the wedding stuff must be in the base game. What's joint between wedding and EPs?? Wedding and marriages are integral for the main sims' life.
#18 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 4:02 AM
I really think TS2 weddings, well, suck. I want to be able to have the option of renting out a hall, going to a church, having a beach wedding ALL within the game already (no cheats!). I'd like to follow my Sims on their honeymoon! I agree with a lot of Stumbleine's input.
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kusama
All the wedding stuff must be in the base game. What's joint between wedding and EPs?? Wedding and marriages are integral for the main sims' life.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote: Originally posted by SIMVelouria
I really think TS2 weddings, well, suck. I want to be able to have the option of renting out a hall, going to a church, having a beach wedding ALL within the game already (no cheats!). I'd like to follow my Sims on their honeymoon! I agree with a lot of Stumbleine's input.

Yeah, I think they suck too. They're not interactive enough. That would be awesome if you could follow them on their honeymoon! I have a feeling that feature would be added in a Bon Voyage-like EP, though.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 8:56 PM
I hope they don't make weddings too structured. I am so happy that we can change the color of clothes so that we can have more then white bride's dresses. I'm not interested in having a western style white wedding for every couple, so I'm hoping they don't force that.
A wedding party would be nice, maybe an evil sim can crash it. lol
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 2:37 PM
This would make a pretty good wedding venue! http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3/...thesims3-60.jpg
#22 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 2:54 PM
Except that that's a graveyard, and that big building looks to be a mausoleum to me XD
Mad Poster
#23 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 9:01 PM
Lol. A mausoleum it is. It may also be a rabbit hole too.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 9:53 PM
It would be a good wedding venue for any vampire Sims!

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#25 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stellar
I didn't see this posted yet, so...

What changes and improvements do you think they'll make as far as weddings go?

I'd really love to see more detail with weddings and be able to plan specific parts of the wedding such as food and choosing bridesmaids and having flower girls and so forth. Also it'd be nice if it went more smoothly, and your guests would actually sit down and watch the wedding instead of wandering around your property the whole time.

What do you guys think?

Hmm i dont think they will go to far into the traditional"wedding" idea as different religions have different celebrations of marrige...
Page 1 of 2