Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2020 at 6:38 PM
Default Package files are not loading
Greetings. I'm a long-time Sims 3 player. I recently got a friend into playing the game and they bought the game. They're not all that tech-savvy, so I've been helping them with their setup, which includes some common mods like Overwatch, ErrorTrap, StoryProgression, etc. These are mods that I've used on my own game for years with no issue.

I drop the packages into the correct folder on her laptop where the mods are supposed to go. However, when loading the game, nothing loads.

I've tried Moving The Sims 3 folder out of Documents so it can create a new one and that worked just fine. I followed the same steps again for the Mods folder and put the mods in. Same result: package files are not loading. Game plays just fine, however, it just seems to pretend that it can't read the files in the folder. She has admin privileges on her laptop, so the game can access the folder no problem. It is the correct folder layout because when I launch the application, the Sims3Logs.xml file is updated every time.

I'm really scratching my head on this one. Any reason why package files aren't being loaded/recognized?

The path file that I'm putting stuff in: C:\Users\admin\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

The specs as requested:

Processor: i5-9300H @2.40GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Graphics card: Intel UHD Graphics 630

The game is up to date. Literally no other issues with the game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th May 2020 at 9:21 PM
Is this exactly what their setup looks like, is Resource.cfg in the correct place, and do the two sample mods that come with this setup work? They are there for testing before fancier things like NRaas mods and other forms of package based content get added to the mix.
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2020 at 2:21 AM
The setup looked exactly like that. However, I downloaded the sample file and did an overwrite. Amazingly it worked. I don't know why, the folder setup was exactly the same as the example. Thanks!