Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#1126 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Lol @frankie; I agree. Just a snippet...

This probably doesn't constitute as a leak, but 'intelligent multi-tasking' has been confirmed in the Sims 3 magazine, along with 'big emotions' and 'intuitive, creative tools':

http://simsvip.com/2013/08/13/the-s...ed/#respond-sys

...TS4 has my full attention now. Bring on the 20th!!

random but what a weird cover, it looks NOTHING like the sims

this will either tell us absolutely nothing and be really ambigous or it will be really awesome.. i am hoping for the last
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1127 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 11:49 PM
Since the dawn of time, advertisers have been throwing around big/buzz words to sell a products and make it appealing. There was a time when the "open world" concept was a heavy hitter, and look how that turned out. Now, while this could very well be the best product to be released from EA in a VERY long time, do not forget who we're dealing with.

Hold them to their words, people.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#1128 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 1:36 AM
Aah, yay! I wonder if any other TS4 info will be in the magazine?

I hope the AI is freakin' brilliant.

Creative tools - body shop-ish tool? Hopefully!
Lab Assistant
#1129 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keeponsimmin
Aah, yay! I wonder if any other TS4 info will be in the magazine?

I hope the AI is freakin' brilliant.

Creative tools - body shop-ish tool? Hopefully!

I hope there's more info inside! It says it will be released the 16th, which is even closer than the big reveal at Gamescon.

I would love to have something like bodyshop. That was something TS3 sorely lacks (especially considering how slow CAS is).

I'm really looking forward to learning more about the game. I really, really hope TS4 is better than TS3.
Lab Assistant
#1130 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 3:35 AM
TS4 has my attention, but not my wallet
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#1131 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 3:48 AM
Sigh. Island stuff which translates to themed stuff which translates to a disappointed heaven. I don't particularly like very in-your-face themes. I want objects, CAS stuff, and gameplay that can be used for a vast variety of situations and is relevant in today's world. This is why I won't be purchasing Into the Future. It's why I won't be getting the next store set (not that I get too many of those anyway) and just another reason to hold off on TS4. To be perfectly honest, lately I'm just disappointed and worn out of the entire franchise and nothing I'm seeing is going to make me feel otherwise right now.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1132 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 6:17 AM
I don't think the devs know what they're going, in the grand scheme of things. The earliest I can recall a developer working on the franchise is Castaway, at the VERY earliest. I'm not comfortable with the current team developing 4. I'm not even comfortable with them doing 3.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#1133 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 7:30 AM
It does seem somewhat disorganised this year. Multi-tasking would be a nice feature but certainly not one that will make me buy the game asap.

Well, less than a week to go until we get something newsworthy I hope.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Theorist
#1134 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I don't think the devs know what they're going, in the grand scheme of things. The earliest I can recall a developer working on the franchise is Castaway, at the VERY earliest. I'm not comfortable with the current team developing 4. I'm not even comfortable with them doing 3.

I don't see why the devs need to work on every single sims game for this one to be good. It's basically the person who originally drew up the design document for the game that we'd have to worry about. The devs are likely more than capable, it just seems like normal internal EA derpy advertising.
Test Subject
#1135 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 9:18 AM Last edited by boobzilla : 14th Aug 2013 at 9:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
Multi-tasking would be a nice feature but certainly not one that will make me buy the game asap.

*rereads preproduction feature survey* yeah.

I think that and a click and drag CAS are the only things on that list they could add to really impress me at this point.

i really could care less if babies have limbs or not, etc. a vastly improved, halfway intelligent story progression is most likely to factor into my interest.

i had this fantasy where twallan was an undercover ea dev testing new ideas for ts4, but of course theres a new engine, and he not upgrading.

it amuses me that people think ea maxis developers are actually paying attention to these forums and give a fraction of a turd about our complaints

majority of those of which wont consider getting it regardless
Instructor
#1136 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boobzilla
*rereads preproduction feature survey* yeah.

I think that and a click and drag CAS are the only things on that list they could add to really impress me at this point.

The problem with click and drag feature is it may not be that customisable. Depending of course how far they will allow you to go with dragging it may still be very limiting. Mods should be able to fix this however, if and when that will happen. At this point I'd be impressed with a height slider.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Field Researcher
#1137 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 11:04 AM
http://thesims.com/en_US/thesims4 is under maintenance. Interesting.
Instructor
#1138 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 11:19 AM
I always check that site, everyday. Glad to see it finally be updated. :D

Hmmmm, is it me or the favicon is different now?
Field Researcher
#1139 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
I always check that site, everyday. Glad to see it finally be updated. :D

Hmmmm, is it me or the favicon is different now?

Yup, it is. By the way Graham tweeted that they have a TS4 build finished today/yesterday.
Instructor
#1140 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 2:01 PM
I'm looking forward to gamescom. The reveal better be as good as they're saying it is.

The site is still down. I'm pretty sure they're updating The Sims 4 page, maybe even creating a separate site for it now that gamescom is approaching.
Lab Assistant
#1141 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 2:43 PM
Imagine if they .~*accidentally*~. reveal the official sims 4 webpage with screenshots and whatnot...
Instructor
#1142 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 2:44 PM
Yeah right, "accidentally". I don't think that word exists in EA's vocabulary.
Mad Poster
#1143 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 6:22 PM
Well, if there is already a finished magazine from Germany but that has yet to be released, there could easily be a leak if one isn't careful enough. Let's hope one isn't careful enough.
Lab Assistant
#1144 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 7:57 PM
well the site is back up and nothing changed except the font looks really weird and out of place now. damn..
Scholar
#1145 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 12:30 AM
Everyone is set to watch two live broadcasts next week. I just hope The Sims 4 sim characters are much better & the gameplay is improved with Maxis.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Lab Assistant
#1146 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 1:05 AM
Inventor
#1147 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nic
hello MTS...

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3349/cjebfddd_png.htm

is it real?

EDIT: I searched similar images at google images. no similar images available on internet, so it's unique.
Lab Assistant
#1148 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 1:10 AM
Scholar
#1149 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
is it real?

That picture don't wanna be real - that's awful....

EDIT - Just saw the other pics posted. I have no words. I really don't....

These could be pics from that online version of Sims 4 that PBJelly was working on.

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#1150 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 1:14 AM
i have a lot more.......the Pics are just Snippets from the full ones...
Locked thread
Page 46 of 817