Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#1176 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:14 AM
Um, why are there only adult sims in these pictures? This is kinda scaring me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1177 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RickieStarr
Um, why are there only adult sims in these pictures? This is kinda scaring me.

Yeah they do seem to be ignoring the "family" aspect of the Sims
Lab Assistant
#1178 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:19 AM
After TS3 they'd be stupid to ignore kids again. But who knows, they could've decided to just not bother with them this time around. I doubt that, though.
Lab Assistant
#1179 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:27 AM
"Select from vibrant neighborhoods for your Sims to live in. Construct their homes with fun, intuitive creative tools through the tactile room-based Build Mode."

sounds interesting..
Test Subject
#1180 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:33 AM
Unlocking achievements? No no nooooo.
Inventor
#1181 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:34 AM
I like TS4 faces much better than TS3 ones. However, I did "grow up" on TS and TS2; to those people who know only TS3 they must seem rather freaky. Also: what really matters are animations. There are some very good looking TS3 Sims around now, male and female, but as soon as they open their mouths the illusion is over. I hope TS4 animations will be at least as good as TS2 ones.

Landscaping hasn't changed much, but I did not expect it to. It seems some new building tools were added. And I love the tram. I hope it makes it to the final game. And it brings up another question: what about trains?
Mad Poster
#1182 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:36 AM
Trolley car? OMG! Strip of grass between the sidewalk and road? The build mode will take some getting use to, but can't wait to see more.

CAS...I am in love! I want that in Sims 3. They were not kidding about molding like clay. That is very nice. Muwhahahaha, I can make Sims with a butt and mode it the way I see fit. "Evil laugh...rubbing hands together"

Thanks for the pre-released pics. Now let the speculating, documenting, magnifying begin. I still need to see full family interactions before I commit to this.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#1183 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RickieStarr
Unlocking achievements? No no nooooo.

Haha I was thinking the same thing..
EA should stop with these RPG stuff.
Mad Poster
#1184 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:42 AM
Yeah, that is BS. I hate being connected to the internet while playing. Shit!

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#1185 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:46 AM
Ok, am trying not to get excited and change my mind about all this cartoony stuff, but cannot help it - it's infectious, especially since my partner is giddy about it, lol...

And that tram does look awesome - and I can just about see the tram lines on the road
And I will agree that CAS looks great!! So much better than what we have now with Sims 3..

I know I'm changing my tune, but dammit all!! It's Sims - and I'm addicted, lol!

But unlocking achievements etc... - that's a no. Don't want to be doing all that just to fully enjoy the game...

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#1186 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:48 AM
This was the Boxart on the Site..

Now they are using the old one.
Mad Poster
#1187 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:52 AM
I might not mind too much but EA's servers suck eggs. I always crash my game when I am connected to my wall in game. Sometimes I can't even get on my wall, it freezes. I am not impressed with the servers and EA always make simmers the back burners on it. The first to hit a snag and the last to get fixed. If not, it sure feels like it. Ugh!

Lab Assistant
#1188 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:55 AM
Unlock rewards, someone please plan on making a mod to unlock them.
Lab Assistant
#1189 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:57 AM
EA is working on the site right now...

Mad Poster
#1190 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:03 AM
Image not available or does not exist is showing on my device.

Mad Poster
#1191 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:05 AM
I'm seriously conflicted about this. I feel like they updated CAS and then downgraded everything else.
Test Subject
#1192 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
probably I already consumed all the bandwidth limit from imageshack. does anybody know any similar site to upload the images?
photobucket
Instructor
#1193 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:11 AM
Hmm. It's difficult to figure out what I think about the images right now. I certainly don't hate them. My first instinct was "wow, those look like a huge step back," and I still think that's true. Graphically, they look like they could be from the same time period as TS2. It's definitely clear that the online-only early period from Patrick Kelly's story is true--there's no way they designed this look with a singleplayer, PC experience in mind. And I'm worried that we'll end up with the same pudding effect we got in TS3. Though at the same time it seems it could just as easily not, and get rid of the Sims 2 jaggediness at the same time. The images of the facial expressions look terrible--they're so ridiculously overdone. That's the sort of thing that will hopefully get fine tuned as the game progresses, though. I don't like the hair... but the cartoony look of it also means that making CC should be a lot easier. That's a major plus. (Though finding "maxis-match" stuff might become even harder.) You know what, I do like the faces. CAS looks AMAZING. The scenery looks extremely MMO-like, where it's all bright colors and easy-on-the-PC textures. Hey, wait--THAT'S A GOOD THING. Quicker loading times, better performance, the whole gamut, right? I'd rather easier-to-load, more cartoony textures than harder-to-load, less cartoony textures. Maybe that's just me. I really don't enjoy staring at silver boxes until things load. Super disappointing that they clearly have a more advanced, tactile CAS, and yet decided to primarily feature young, "regular" looking sims. I want you to show us the whole variety, dammit! You can save the "generically attractive mostly white people" stuff for the EPs.

So. Yeah. The more I think about it the more I like this direction. And then ooo, as I was writing this that picture with the UI was posted. Ouch. That color better be customizable! And what's with the gigantic zoom and rotate thing? And the gigantic everything, for that matter? Me no likey. And why does it look like most of the icons in the top bar are for social features? Ugghhhhhh.
Test Subject
#1194 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I found this image from the cached website:

link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/s8ai.png/

The UI is absolutely terrible, in my opinion. I don't think I'd ever be able to adjust to that. ><
Mad Poster
#1195 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:14 AM
Don't worry about it, I clicked the link and saw the picture. I agree, one step forward, two steps back. I need more pictures but don't the trees look flat, no detail? The hairs are very lifeless and no detail. Definitely mushroom , hat hair. Ugh.

Lab Assistant
#1196 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fuzzlechan
The UI is absolutely terrible, in my opinion. I don't think I'd ever be able to adjust to that. ><

It's all soo MMO like...So PKelly and his Story are true.

So now I'm waiting for EA to Upload the 2 Trailers...they better hurry up.. :D
Test Subject
#1197 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaylo
Yeah, it's cartoony, but did you really want it to be uncanny valley? That might get a little unsettling after a while, and with ultra realistic you lose some of the comedy. Think Shrek humans vs the people in Tangled.

That Cas shot looks amazing. Click and drag waists! And a rather perish body shape compared to previous sim models.

Feature wise, it looks like it might have something. Graphics feel like a step back from the sims 3, at least in some respects, though lighting looks improved (maybe). Hard to judge from a few screenshots. The art style intrigues me, despite the fact that I'd hoped for better graphics. And lighting can do quite a bit. We'll see.

I have a question: Why are sub-par graphics being justified by claiming anything ELSE would be creepy? EA is so far from 'uncanny valley' it's not even funny. Polar Express? Uncanny Valley. Sims 4? They aren't even to 2013 graphics, let alone something that might approach realism worthy of 'uncanny valley'.
Mad Poster
#1198 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:22 AM
Where is the mood meter? What are the causes and effects of the environment? Is there an environment score? What brings the mood down? Hell, where is the mood meter?

Lab Assistant
#1199 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:22 AM
Well, the guy on the brodcast said that it would not be online. And for now im very excited to get that game.
Test Subject
#1200 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:27 AM
I posted this to the main site. I can take it down if requested.
Locked thread
Page 48 of 817