Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2020 at 7:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Nraas (Mastercontroller or Story progression) glitching with switching households
So recently I downloaded a bunch of Nraas mods including mastercontroller and story progression, one of which is causing the issue although I can't tell which one. Basically, when I try to switch households by clicking on a house and choosing "make active", it works, but after that my game starts glitching out and I can't move my camera away from the lot I'm looking at, so I can't move the camera anywhere. I even went to Edit Mode and it was still glitching out and wouldn't let me move around as extensively as I was able to do before.

Also, some of my buildings are blue for an extended period of time before rendering and coloring normally, is this related to the mod as well?

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th May 2020 at 8:21 PM
Well, of course that is not expected behavior. The only time I can recall the camera getting locked onto a lot as described is when using MC > Open to watch what's going on (or use Build/Buy on) a community lot that happens to contain a highrise shell such as some of the big city venues that one might see in Bridgeport and other worlds where they have been placed, and then forget to MC > Close it up again when finished. But that doesn't sound like what you are doing..

Perhaps you could bring the issue to us at NRaas so we can help figure out what is interfering?

And do you get any better results if you do the switch on a sim rather than their house or use the Selector mod and right-click on a sim to perform the switching action?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2020 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Well, of course that is not expected behavior. The only time I can recall the camera getting locked onto a lot as described is when using MC > Open to watch what's going on (or use Build/Buy on) a community lot that happens to contain a highrise shell such as some of the big city venues that one might see in Bridgeport and other worlds where they have been placed, and then forget to MC > Close it up again when finished. But that doesn't sound like what you are doing..

Perhaps you could bring the issue to us at NRaas so we can help figure out what is interfering?

And do you get any better results if you do the switch on a sim rather than their house or use the Selector mod and right-click on a sim to perform the switching action?

Oh! Thanks for bringing it up!! I am in fact playing in a big city world and I distinctly remember opening a lot, (probably not closing it), then switching households. That's probably the issue...
Love the mod btw!! It's so easy to check out lots now and switching households quickly is gold for a machinima I'm working on.