Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:51 AM Last edited by N8iveSims : 8th Jan 2009 at 4:30 AM.
Default Turtle Island Project -JOIN OUR MOD GROUP HERE
Turtle Island Project by N8iveSims Mod Group

Welcome! ~porkypine here The N8iveSims Mod Group is a group of creators who will bring American Indian themed content to the Sims 2 Community via the Turtle Island Project. Many of us are American Indian from various tribes, but there are also people from other nations and cultures in our Mod Group. We are truly a international group. Our MOD group is open to any one in the world who has an interest in helping us build content for this HUGE theme. Interested in joining our MOD group? Join today! :D

You don't have to be an expert. You can even be a beginner, but you are expected to learn and turn out your best efforts in this collaborative effort. All items created and published by this Mod group are expected to be as authentic as possible.

Creators are welcome to join our team and make just one item or many. If you do not know how to make items but you have good resources for the project, you may also join this group. You may come or go at will. We realize that people have a real life too. The only thing we ask is that you respect the intent of this group which is to create as authentic as it is possible to make, American Indian stuff for the Sims2 game.

Please realize that any items created by and released under this mod group name will be available for recolors. Any meshes created by this Mod group will be allowed to be included in lot uploads to free sites. If you feel that you do not want to share your items with the broader sims2 community and want to keep personal ownership and control over the items you've made, you may publish them under your own name, not the N8iveSims mod group name.

The Premiere release was 'The Seminole'. Future collaborative projects for the Turtle Island Project may be of any size and for any tribe. Every release will contain items that are specific to any of the tribes from Turtle Island. Mod group members are welcome to work on a specific tribe or region of their choosing and they may release items at will once approved by the Mod group team leaders. All items released in the project will also have the usernames of the individual creators so our downloaders will know who made which item. :D

Thank you for your interest and we welcome all interested people. :D

At this time, the N8iveSims Mod Group team leaders are porkypine and bluetexasbonnie. All questions should be directed to them. N8iveSims is just the Mod Group publishing name.

The actual modding section will be private because we don't want to spill the beans about our publications nor do we want to allow people to download stuff when it's not ready for download. We have to bug check it first.

All people interested in creating stuff please post here with a short listing of your interests and skills and we will get you added to the group.

NOTE: You may make requests here but we require pictures of what you would like for us to create. We do not promise that we can make them or if we do decide to work on something, we do not promise a completion date. It all depends on if we have a creator interested in making your item. We're in this for fun and education. Requests must have good descriptions and images. Requests for non-N8iveSims type items will be promptly deleted.

The team members who worked on the premiere Seminole Release are:

alej_r_b(Pandrito) - Object and hair meshes
alexarosa - clothing recolors
alex_stanton1983 - Tropical plant mesh creator
bluetexasbonnie - Lot maker
Bubby bob - BHAVs
buggybooz - meshes
CrowsMan - funky old style houses
DLMulsow - rugs, textures and paintings
dragonarts - Object mesher
EveZ - Sim maker
Fresh-Prince - Rez Rockets and other fun things
Ghengisjohn - meshes
hexameter - Horse meshes and horse 'cars'
HugeLunatic - object recolors
KevinsHope - Hammock maker and maybe other things too. :0)
lindawing - Turtle island neighborhood builder and neighborhood community host
Maffers87 - Sim Builder
MizzesSimmer - resource locater, meshes and kid approved tester
Mollypup - recolors, meshes
porkypine - clothing and object mesh maker, recolors and lot builder
Reyn - Object meshes and recolors
skye - Sim maker, recolors, walls
TigerlillyAJE - resource locater, recolors
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 7:26 AM
I'm in! :D
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:51 PM
I'm very interested in making stuff for American Natives and other nature loving simmies. I know a bit of object meshing and building and how to make clothing meshes, texturing however is not my strongest point.
I would love to participate in projects to further populate Turtle Island!
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 6:17 PM
Hi there, i would love to get in on this project My current skills in creating are as follows:
*I can build houses and community lots etc. (My work is not very up to date on mts2 and i have been using a LOT of boolprop rescently for different effects and have not had the time, but now i am very good with boolprop and my houses are much more interesting, this would be really useful for this type of project i think )
*I can do recolours of items (I have been doing this for a short time, i only have one upload on this site showing my work but i have had SimPE issues rescently so i have not been able to turn anything out, however it is fixed now )
*I have begun basic meshing (The meshes are not brilliant but i can be very creative with what tools i have and i think i could turn out a few good meshes hopefully )

Ok thanks a lot,
DD

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Theorist
#5 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 8:40 PM
Hello, i would love to join. I know i have not uploaded, but i do make lots of sims 2 content. I build houses, make sims and all CC associated with them, and i love to recolour. JUst ask if you want to know anything else
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 7:26 AM
Welcome! I am having problems with the invitation process for the private mod section. Please gather some ideas together on what kinds of things you'd like to work on so we can discuss the direction we're heading toward.

In the meantime, I am trying to get the original returning Mod team members logged back in and when I figure that out, we can get new members added. Go ahead and post here for now. and thanks for your interest!
Wiki Wizard
#7 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 9:21 PM
Okay thank you What are you looking for exactly, your first post was so obvious and detailed, but i am specia It is clear what you are looking for i just want to know if there is anything specifically you want making house, recolours, objects, wall or floor -wards?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 5:00 AM
Right now, we are reassembling our group, the we will discuss projcts tasks... OOps! My show just came on! Bye!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 12:45 PM
WooHoo ... I made it in.

I'm so excited about starting up. I've been thinking about the challenge of the next installment ever since we FINALLY managed to get the first one posted.

For those of you who never worked on a big group project ...
It is one of the most exciting and rewarding experience I have ever had as a creator. But it takes a long time from start to finish. I think the first installment took us almost a year.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Wiki Wizard
#10 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:57 PM
Yeah i love group projects too I have done 3 projects, one which was a set of about a dozen large houses based on the Stepford Wives film, another one which was called Orville which was a NH and finally finished one which i am uploading later this week which is a Stuff Pack! :o lol, this is going to be so fun! :D

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 2:23 PM
As to what we specifically want made ...
... Well EVERYTHING. The only limit is that it should be reasonably authentic within the confines of the game. No time period limits either -- this is about the Native American heritage -- Past, Present & Future.

We want new objects, recolors of old objects, recolors of new objects, new clothes, new hair, new skins, authentic looking lots (which undoubtedly means new walls & floors). If you look at the first installment, you will find examples of every creative activity possible with the exception of BHAVs -- and it would be so cool if there were some new actions in this phase.

IMO (and this is strictly MY opinion and undoubtedly reflects my bias toward building ) lots are what really showcase the sets and pieces. Of course, you can't make really cool lots without the objects that make it special, and there is no reason for authentic lots without authentic people. It takes all the pieces to make it special.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Wiki Wizard
#12 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 9:57 PM
Ok well i will get cracking on some walls and floors and put them into some lots as well I will then look at objects and recolours, i unfortunately cannot do BHAVs, i have never tried, and i doubt i will

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 11:56 PM
I don't want us to get off on the wrong foot here. Do you have some idea and example pictures of the kind of thing you want to build. Do you know what tribe(s) it derives from?

How about posting some inspiration pictures of the style you are planning at the moment. Part of the joy of the project is the interaction of people to make that vision realizable and the learning of the culture and traditions behind the designs.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 7:23 AM
Hey guys, porky here. Delphy fixed the private mod invite section . I'm going to do a test, then send out invitations to the old mod members first and get them all on board. Then once we've re-activated the original members, we'll set up the private modding area and once that's organized we'll get all the new guys in. Ok? In the meantime, get your ideas together and some resources together of what you'd like to work on. This time around we are not restricting ourselves to a major premier theme so we can 'branch out'.

Anyway, let me get the invitations going, and use porky as a guneapig, then Bonnie, You're in first so we can discuss the layout and such in the management section. At the same time, I'll invite the team into the main area so we can discuss direction, and once that's set up we'll have a beter idea of our direction. ok? :D

So let me make sure it works by inviting porky 1st. :D
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#15 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 9:51 AM
Ok. Got the bugs worked out of the set up process and I am working on setting up the project work space and some introductory areas for the team so you guys don't stumble into an empty space. Let me fix it up with a presentation for each section and then we can get the invitations started. give me some time to get some pictures uploaded. that takes time. thanks!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 12:40 PM
Hi Porkypine and all the others! This time it worked to enter this thread. Like I said more than a year ago I depend on much input of original details because I live in Europe. If you want me to do something in this exciting project simply ask me. I hope to have the skills to help.
For now I'm looking forward to what will happen during the coming weeks.
hexameter
Wiki Wizard
#17 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 12:49 PM
Groovy I will look for some inspiration now I will post it in the private thread when i am invited to the group

Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 1:02 PM
Porky -- The invitation process seems to be working!

This is all so exciting.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 1:20 PM
Kewl! I'm glad to have all of you aboard! I've issued invitations to the turtle island project (public) and the Main meeting room(private) and the NeMePoo (Nez Perce) private areas., Bonnie, you also got one for management. I've set up several other threads for tribes that were mentioned the first time around and right now, I'm looking for all my image files. I don't think I got all of them off the old turtle Island thread before it was purged so we may need to find them again. Anyway, everyone Log into the main area of the of the private modding group and get to brainstorming as soon as you get your invites.

I realize that many of you don't have the experience to know authentic stuff from 'Hollywood' but I am here to help. We also have several other people who do know the validity of what they're looking at who can help also.

Let's not start making stuff until we get a chance to get the group together. Let's get our ideas going and then pick the areas we want to work on so we don't all go making a left boot with a hole in the big toe. ok?

Anyway. I'm back to uploading some images.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 1:23 PM
Oh! What you need to do, is up at the top of the page, you'll see Site Links. click on tht and select Social Groups. then you'll see the N8iveSims groups. Click on teh title and then you can see the sub sections of that particular forum thread above. If you have problems navigating around. just ask here and we'll see what we can do.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#21 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 4:03 PM
Hi all! I am tentatively in right now. School overwhelmed me with the High Rollers, so I wasn't able to continue. Planning on taking just a measly 6 credits this semester to keep my student loans from defaulting.

I can build more than cylinders and blocks now too. I am hoping to learn more about BHAV's too. I get mixed results, mostly they crash my game, but sometimes things work. I'm also windows/simpe-less/limited for at least another week.

And I'm also still clueless to authentic Native American, and Google challenged.
Wiki Wizard
#22 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 5:53 PM
Quote:
Let's not start making stuff until we get a chance to get the group together.

Oops! I have already made 3 walls, 3 floors and 2 terrains and put them up for everyone to look at in the private section! lol

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#23 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 4:34 AM
that's good. We'll need a variety of and floors and such. but remember, we are trying to make stuff true to type so we need to look at some real examples so they can be released with the right set..

I like that grass texture you found. Can you find a thicker tule texture for Nez Perce tule lodges? :D
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#24 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Hi all! I am tentatively in right now. School overwhelmed me with the High Rollers, so I wasn't able to continue. Planning on taking just a measly 6 credits this semester to keep my student loans from defaulting.

I can build more than cylinders and blocks now too. I am hoping to learn more about BHAV's too. I get mixed results, mostly they crash my game, but sometimes things work. I'm also windows/simpe-less/limited for at least another week.

And I'm also still clueless to authentic Native American, and Google challenged.

Hey Luney! Good to see you back! I'll get you into the production area. No pressure, this is a long term project and we will release mini sets this time along with the occasional big theme. I've learned a lot about meshing when I was in High Rollers too. I will use those skills here. :D

I see that you've been busy making a lot of nice stuff. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 5:35 AM
I'd be happy to help Porky!

Page 1 of 4