Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:11 AM
Default Your Accidental Sim Deaths
I've logged an embarrassing amount an hours into The Sims 3, but I've noticed that none of my Sims have ever died of anything other than old age. I've killed off one or two Sims on purpose, and have witnessed townies burn in the sun or drown in the pool, but this has never happened to any of mine. Honestly, it's pretty boring. I'm kinda jealous of you guys with hilarious death stories. Anyone else in my boat or have tragic stories of your own to share?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:25 AM
I try and avoid deaths and reset Sims who have an untimely greeting from the Reaper tbh.

I've had plenty of vampire Sims starve to death because the Goddamn thirsty moodlet timing was misleading as hell.
An unlucky/loser Sim has died of electric shocks several times. I was relieved when the Grim Reaper refused to take him.
The first time a witch Sim cast a haunting curse, it backfired and killed him. By sheer luck he had a death flower in his inventory.
Made a new household some time back and had them spend time in the back garden. Naturally, a freak meteor fell down and crushed several of them.
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:35 AM
The evil dishwasher has taken out its fair share of my sims.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:12 AM
Oh, I've had plenty of times where my sims died even though I didn't intend their deaths... yet. Take this one here for example, one time I played, my sims constantly left their home. One went to the beach for no reason, while another went to the park. This was completely new for me, I don't know what happened but I managed to catch them all and bring them back home. Then I realized one of the portraits of my sims was missing. I checked at the beach and sure enough, gravestone there of that sim. Just, what happened?

And then this one time where I killed my sim to death by accident... by upgrading my stove... while there was a puddle in front of it... Yeah I'm not the smartest man around. Didn't realize the stove was this "shocking". Ah and that one time where my sims went outside with no outerwear on... while it was freezing and snowing. Sure, sure, ignore the cold. If you ignore it, it can't kill you right? WRONG!

If I was to list all the dumb deaths my sims accomplish, I'd take up one page here and then when my sims have died I either keep their ghost around, put them on the graveyard and leave them there for all eternity and never find someone else to refill the empty room or I just do the 2nd one but build a Plumbbot in their place.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:18 AM
I didn't realize that a certain horse jump had a chance of setting a Sim on fire... so I was doing something else while one of my simmies was practicing jumping with her horse. She caught fire, the horse threw her off, and she burned to death before I even realized what was going on. Cue exit without saving and reload.

Oh, and one time one of my poor fairies got taken out by the EVIL JELLYBEAN BUSH OF DOOM. AUUGH.

Also, though it was an NPC and not one of my own simmies, I had a Simbot that broke after a dog peed on it, and when I called the repairman to come fix it, he got electrocuted because he was standing in the pee puddle. Epic fail.
#6 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:49 AM
The one and only time I tried the Legacy challenge I ended up with a nerdy sim who was in the science career. He'd just made enough money to upgrade his home enough to allow him to marry and have babies so he called up his lady and asked her over (he was going to propose). While he was waiting for her (I think it was Jamie Jolena) I set him on with some stargazing to up his logic - yups you've guessed it. Meteor strike. Grimmy stood over one of the huge craters the meteor made for quite some time, I suspect he was as shocked as I was at the size of it!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:19 AM
That damn jelly bean bush. Your sims get addicted to it and slowly but surely end up killing themselves and tearing their family apart with their addiction.

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:39 AM
I'm too controlling to have had many accidental sim deaths.....kind of saddens me. Recently though, I was playing in Roaring Heights and my Sim kept dreaming of fire and he was super hot headed.....lo and behold, he died in a kitchen fire when I was trying to focus on his siblings.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:46 AM
I have also been victim to the quick vampire thirst death. It was back when I first got Late Night and I thought at first that my sim died from being in the sun.

Once my sim was repairing a broken radio. He got shocked once and I told him to take a shower, then go back to repairing it. He was absent-minded and forgot to take the shower, so he just went back to repairing the radio. He got shocked a second time and died.

I've actually had a lot of deaths by fire, because sims are stupid and crowd around to watch the person on fire without trying to put them out. So whoever I direct to put them out has a really hard time getting to them. I think at least ten of my sims have died by fire (accidentally).
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:15 AM
Back in my early sims 3 days, my very first family in fact, I didn't realize that you shouldn't have a singed sim with low handiness skill fixing something electronic. The husband was trying (for the 2nd time) to fix the stereo while his wife and 3 out of 4 kids were out of the house and I got the surprise of my life when he was electrocuted again and didn't get up. Next thing I knew the Grim Reaper was showing up and I decided it was time to exit without saving. Learned my lesson very well from that one.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:58 AM
I've only ever killed two of my own sims in TS3 by accident - one got electrocuted by the dishwasher 3 years ago and one actually burned to death just recently, she was a firefighter. I didn't think firefighters even could die by fire, but apparently if they wear their nylon tracksuit and don't bring their fire engine, they can! Huh.

I've also had 2 meteor showers in Appaloosa Plains (nowhere else). The first time around, I had no idea there were such a thing as meteor showers even, so when I got the notification that it was "suddenly oddly dark outside" or some such, I was just like "ok, hum-di-dum" and then the next thing I know, a huge meteorite lands in my vegetable patch. The second time there was a meteor shower on the stairs of City Hall on graduation. Oh man. That meteor wiped out half of my town - they were all stuck on the stairs, screaming and freaking out, catching fire from each other. I didn't even exit without saving because I felt that it just HAD TO BE. So my heir's boyfriend died on the stairs just after graduating, and most of her friends as well. The list of deaths just piled up and they were all mourning on the stairs until they passed out.

In the end, she had to marry the repairman, since there were no eligible bachelors left in town. Good times.

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Forum Resident
#12 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:28 AM
I only had one accidental death so far, that was from playing a stage magician's stunt as a human statue. I quit without saving in a panic, forgot to take pics too. The stage magician in question was an early incarnation of Francesca Takahashi, whose appearance was weirder with dyed hair and corpse eyes.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:47 PM
Way back when I had only been playing a few months, I had an accidental drowning. I didn't know that if your sim went swimming while exhausted, it could kill them. One of my sim's teenage kids wanted to go to the gym, and then, while he was working out, he had a wish to go to the neighborhood pool. I let him finish his workout, and sent him to the pool. I couldn't figure out why he kept getting out of the water after a minute or two, since he wished to go there. Well, I made him go back into the water one too many times. I had switched over to his parents at home for just a minute, and then the camera moved to the pool, and there's Grim, coming for him.

The funny thing is, earlier that week, my husband was trying to make a drowned ghost sim and had the hardest time keeping the to-be-dead sim in the water long enough to drown him. He hadn't heard about putting walls or fences around the pools, and was muttering about how all you had to do was delete ladders in the earlier sims games. His reaction to my sim's kid drowning was, "You mean all I had do was make him work out first?!"
Alchemist
#14 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:14 PM
I was just test playing a pre-made household in Appaloosa Plains and then decided to go and buy some groceries, I also decided to not pause the game.

When I got back home there had been a fire wiping out two housemembers and one of the survivors had fallen asleep in the garden while their cat was destroying the livingroom.
Scholar
#15 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:49 PM
I've had two deaths from electrocution, one repairing a radio and one repairing a dishwasher that was, of course, in a puddle. Nat is not smart.
One had the unlucky trait, and the other did not. After looking for a way to resurrect him, I was like 'lol too much effort' and reloaded.

Other than that, just deaths I've caused. Often by fire. I've never had a meteor shower I've only summoned them by aliens, and still no-one dies, even if I do it in a public crowded space! Shame.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:41 AM
I have had very few accidental deaths overall (which is a little disappointing).

But the rate really spikes when my Sims get a magic jellybean bush or jetpacks. Those things are like deadly deadly candy to the pixelated idiots.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 8:46 PM
*Cries* My first family when I got Supernatural for testing with it. I got attached to them and then the Philosopher's Stone came and then you know what happened. The sim that died was the cook in the house so no ambrosia. I also lost that save a while back, too. Now that I think about it, the Reanimation Ritual could of helped, as the still living sim was a witch. And who thinks the jelly bean bush is death on a twig?

The internet can be very helpful. But it ruins the child-like sense of wonder in all of us when we encounter new things. My first EP was Pets, and my username reflects that sense of wonder I had when I first played The Sims 3. And I keep it all here in my steaming hot mug of Nostalgia.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 9:26 PM
I was playing a premade family in Lunar Lakes that had twin teenagers I think. One of the twins I sent out to the ocean to swim, because this was right after I got the patch that added that into the game. I clicked for her to swim to this far off place in the ocean to see how far she could get. Of course she got so far out that by the time I noticed she was fatigued it was too late. I remember sitting there directing her to swim back to the beach and rooting for her to swim as fast as she can or she's gonna die. She died. >.<
#19 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimunicorn5001
And who thinks the jelly bean bush is death on a twig?

*nods furiously*
Instructor
#20 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 11:31 PM
One of my sims died of old age. When the Grimm Reaper came to take him, his son fainted. And on that moment the fireplace bursts into flames. I didn't have firealarm so I had to way to call the firefighters. He laid there for awhile before standing up jumping and died,
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 1:30 AM
my sim died of fire when they went through the fire hoop on their horse..LOL
Lucky I got the ghost opportunity thingy and she came back from the dead!
YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scholar
#22 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 7:41 AM
I've only ever had one accidental sim death in TS3. A child who drowned in the family's brand new swimming pool. I seriously considered allowing her death to stick, but it was too sad for too many reasons (both parents had the "raise 5 kids" lifetime wish, they had exactly five kids, the girl in question was a triplet and I just couldn't put her sisters through that, and the only reason the family had the pool for her to drown in in the first place was because they'd literally just won the lotto and moved into this lovely new big house) so I just decided no. So I quit without saving, and reloaded. Turns out my last save was literally right as she was getting into the pool. Cue some seriously anxious nail biting until she was safely out!

Tbh, I'm actually kind of disappointed by how few near death experiences my sims have had. Is that weird? Like I never get Grim Reaper visits. I've had so many electrocutions and fires and all sorts of incidents and none of my sims were ever put in any real danger by any of them! I feel kind of cheated!

Edit: OOH I FORGOT! The nearly-drowned girl's mom had literally just escaped a near death of her own when that incident occurred. God damn Mummy's Curse. That was another reason I couldn't let it stick. Win the lotto, family holiday in Egypt during which MOM NEARLY DIES, return home to lovely new big fancy house, mom breaks the curse, everyone is happy, and then one of the babies of the family drowns in the brand new swimming pool that was paid for with the lotto money. Yeah. No. Not happening. So yeah that was the only other time I had a sim in any real peril. That family is cursed!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun