Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:43 PM
Default Brunch at the Old Mill store content
I keep looking at this in the Store and feeling tempted. Does anyone have it? What do you think? Are the stairs any good?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 12:21 AM
I bought it recently during a Daily Deal, but have tested it only for a Simday yet. It's rather pretty and the premium stuff seems to work. I think that I read that some functions of the canning station only work if you've got other sets, too, like the Bakery and the Bohemian Garden set. The animations that come with the staircase are a bit odd, they sort of look like third-party, so to speak, as are the animations for placing cucumbers in the canning stations.
The regular, stony staircase and a lot of the build items look as if they were originally intended for Dragon Valley, same style like the Celtic set that came with the gold version, so they will fit there rather nicely. I bought it in fact with Dragon Valley in mind.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:41 AM
Ooh Ok, thanks Don_Babilon I'll see if I can resist for longer as it's a lot of sim points for a set of stairs (as that's all I was interested in).
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 9:26 AM
Well, the Mill set should be on Daily Deal twice within the current rotation: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-september-22nd , and if you buy a small item from the set first, the Complete Your Set discount will also apply. Unfortunately, the stairs are not sold separately as they are considered premium content, but maybe this changes, too, in the near future.
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 11:05 AM
I wouldn't hold out too much hope that the stairs will be made available for purchase separately -- the sims 3 site got dropped as soon as the sims 4 was released, and there's been no one around to even change things like "new world coming on the 12th december!" and "12 days of gifting" that were advertised as events for this year, but in actuality are last year's events.

The stairs on their own are 300 points (though not set for sale). Buying a cheap item will trigger a Complete Your Set discount as Don said, taking away ((item price * 0.9) + (set price * 0.9)) rounded down to the nearest 5 points. CYS stacks with Daily Deal discounts so long as you buy from the item page while the Daily Deal is active, not the Daily Deal page. You might be able to use this to fiddle around and get the price of the old mill set close to 300 points for the full price of the stairs. Anything that's 25 points (so not the premium items or both sets of stairs), I can guesstimate a Daily Deal price of 378 from the cheapest Daily Deal price (442 points).

(Can you tell I spent an excessive amount of time waiting for Daily Deals and calculating the best way to get the best price on everything? )
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:27 PM
I was originally interested in the stairs. Now, not so much.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 3:38 AM
The Old Mill is my favorite set from the store, and I certainly was not expecting it to be. The venue itself is quite charming; the store team had a new designer who really knows how to build. The decor items are lovely. I love the round gate and fireplace. The (wishing-type) well is a welcome addition. It includes a recolorable chimney- hallelujah, and a wall ivy set. I love the tea set. I thought I would never use it , but I love it. The sims can join one another for tea, and they do! I would recommend it, especially at Daily Deal prices.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 4:18 AM
Ooh Thanks for the info - it's surely tempting as I'd forgotten about the tea taking aspect And I will take on board the advice give regarding Daily Deals. I've had a go at making it myself - as there a working here (yes! it actually turns!) water mill on MTS by the wonderful Merry Makers and the awesome Hekate. I'll wait and see if a deal comes up but it sure does look like nicest piece of premium content I've seen in a while.