Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 12:28 AM
Default Paparazzi, go away!
So far, my method of removal has been resetsim "paparazzi name" so they leave my celeb family alone. But that got old so I put up a huge gate around my lot. NOW when it's locked the maid cant get in, nor can the friends my little girl brings home.

I hate not having a "ask everyone to leave" command. Anyone find a better way of keeping the nosy buggers out of the house? They walk in, eat my dinner, take pics of the kids sleeping (creepy!), and go into every room in my house. Annoying!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 1:06 AM
did you use the new gate that came with LN with the intercom on it? I call it the celebrity gate but I don't know what it is really called. Any one who works in the house ought to be able to get in if your using that.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 1:17 PM
The gate doesn't really stop the paparazzi. They can't go past the gate, but they'll still stand outside the gate constantly snapping photos for most of the day when your sim is home. Any sims invited over as well as NPCs like the maid and babysitter can pass through the gate.
Alchemist
#4 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 1:55 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I find the paparazzi funny. It reminds me of the quirkyness of TS1
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 4:49 PM
What we need here is a cowplant outside the gate.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 4:51 PM
But if you make the Paparazzi go away who will my Sims talk to at the clubs? It's not like anyone else comes around

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 5:08 PM
I would actually like more papparazzi. There is only one in my Bridgeport and one papparazzi for lesser clebs (2 or 3 stars)is okay but it seems rather meager for 4 or 5 star celebs. Is there anyway to have MORE papparazzi? Is the number of Papparazzi in Bridgeport changeable? I'd like my bigger celebs to be followed by a bunch of papparazzi.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Alchemist
#8 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 5:57 PM
Ok modders, get to work
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 6:05 PM
I have three of them constantly stalking my 5 stars celebrity never had anyone of them entering home, though, they were just standing outside taking pictures of my sims through the window. I'd really like to have an option to let 'em go away, though.
Last time I used moveobjects on and put them all in a room with no doors. Cruel torture? Maybe, but I can't really stand them anymore D:
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 7:23 PM
You have 3 paparazzi?! Shoot, I only have one and my celeb sim couple are 4 and 5 stars. And its always the same one guy Lenny Shutterbug.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
You have 3 paparazzi?! Shoot, I only have one and my celeb sim couple are 4 and 5 stars. And its always the same one guy Lenny Shutterbug.

Woh, that's pretty strange. I mean, I always get the same paparazzi, too, but even when my family was in Bridgeport (moved them to Twinbrook now) there were always at least two of them maybe it depends on whether the computer can handle that? (Just randmoly throwing the idea in here, as I don't really know how the game generates paparazzi )
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 7:52 PM
Hmmm, maybe but I have a feeling that's not it since I get 8-10 Sims in the clubs. Though it does depend on how the Papparazzi are generated . I have no idea. Anyone know? HP? JMP? Anyone?

Inventor
#13 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 8:02 PM
My 1 star traveled to Egypt and China. In Egypt they took pictures of the tent all night but in China they came into the room, took pictures of the Star in bed all night and milled around. All night, its really gross, if that were done to me, I would have the hotel throw them out, but its just the travellers Inn. The option of sleeping with a tent in the Tombs is much more attractive and I know where the traps are. I think that they are trying to be nice, to give the star more status, but it was very very invasive, and persmission to enter the rooms leads to some potentual I am not happy with. Rapists next? For Cleb status?
Instructor
#14 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 8:51 PM
In WA there are no hotels, you have hostels.

What you want? there are NO PRIVATE ROOMS in WA, the best you can get is buy a residential lot if you get enough Visa Points or whatever, NPCs roam around inside community lots because they are community lots.

WA is the worst EP they put out, no wonder they rather forget they made it in the first place.
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 10:09 PM
If you're fed up of getting stalked while abroad, you may be interested to learn that paparazzi don't seem to be able to reopen secret doors so it's fairly easy to trap or, at least, lose them in a tomb. Purely accidentally, of course.

I've not tried to lure one onto a trap yet but suspect that may not work (I tried to lay a trap for the postie and paperchild - just to see if it was possible - but they just avoided it).
Instructor
#16 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 11:04 PM
Is there a way to hire or activate bouncers for residential lots to keep these buggers at bay?
Scholar
#17 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 11:29 PM
As bodyguards no, but as bouncers --maybe. The velvet ropes generate bouncers. I guess you could try placing a velvet rope and setting it to exclusive and set a guest list. I'm not home so I don't have access to my game to check it out right now. If you try that let me know your findings. I actually want more Papparazzi but still I'd be curious to know how the ropes on a residential lot worka out.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 11:43 PM
I do find it a little creepy that the paparazzi come to the private home. I am playing an old house of mine unfortunately built too close to the front of the lot to add a gate now. So far he's stayed outside and just on the porch, but I am a little annoyed that there is no action for one of my sims to come out and tell him to leave. You can ask other unwanted visitors to leave why not the paparazzi? Although it might not be so annoying had the paparazzi not been turned into a vampire by stupid story progression changing half the town of sunnyville into vampires. And this vamp paparazzi seems to always come around at night, my sims never interact with him because there really is nothing they can do yet they always have the "hunted" feeling from a bad interaction with a vampire.
Instructor
#19 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 11:56 PM
You know paparazzi do that ... right?
You sound like Princess Di "leave me alone" (after she used them to secure a royal marriage), its a two edged sword.

If you dont want the celebrity attention then do not seek celebrity status.
Scholar
#20 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 12:01 AM
Maybe you guys should try Desecrate's Gun Mod (its been updated for LN) and have the Celeb shoot the Papparazzi dead. Seriously. The game wouldn't acknowledge a murder had been committed and there would be a certain sweet revenge to the action. It's a great mod and I have used it in the past.

Here's a pic of the sim at the beach house who used it to get rid of a pedo sim peeping tom stalker that was always watching her daughter (a child) through their windows. (The sim looks kinda nude in this pic but she's actually wearing a light colored bikini).

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
You know paparazzi do that ... right?
You sound like Princess Di "leave me alone" (after she used them to secure a royal marriage), its a two edged sword.

If you dont want the celebrity attention then do not seek celebrity status.

It's very easy to gain celebrity stars. Just because a sim has one does not mean they went out seeking stardom.

If you are going to bring in RL, paparazzi are not legally allowed in homes or your yard/land as that is private property and one has every right to ask someone to leave their private property.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
I do find it a little creepy that the paparazzi come to the private home.

My household has two five star celebs but no paparazzi have ever come to their home. They due turn up on other lots, but usually only one of them.
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 2:41 AM
If the paparazzi have insane trait, it will be more creepy. They dont just wait at front door, they keep fraking peeping at the window.
Instructor
#24 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
It's very easy to gain celebrity stars. Just because a sim has one does not mean they went out seeking stardom.

To a point, its easy to gain if you look to raise them but early stages you have to try for that for a bit.

I admit, its easy ... ridiculous easy to raise stars and even accidentally do it because you are trying to be friendly to the boss that happens to be one.

Quote:
If you are going to bring in RL, paparazzi are not legally allowed in homes or your yard/land as that is private property and one has every right to ask someone to leave their private property.

Private property does not extend to public areas (streets), also I once had the argument about garbage (of all things) as if it was considered public or not so you can only call on what is the right of privacy and if you make NO attempt at privacy then you can expect none, being stark naked in your open to the view of anyone in the street lawn is Indecent Exposure even if you are in your private property because its public exposure.

So they can be there, in reality they are there because Celebrities do not own houses with tall fenced areas because they are afraid of thieves, they do so to protect their privacy and you still have paparazzi camping on their front doors and looking to get a look at the inside.

Consider the game follows the "Lot" principle, anything that happens happens in the lot your controllable Sim so what happens if the paparazzi were not allowed to enter the Home lot? its not as if they can go anywhere else nearby because the game will just keep them in stasis when outside the "Lot".

So the paparazzi would only exist for what? Gain?

What I am talking about is having your cake and eat it too, EA made Celebrity come at a price and I agree with them ... having all the perks (free stuff, reduced prices, etc ...) but NO negative aspect would be ... cheap, at least they are giving a moderate annoying negative aspect that is pretty much just a slight annoyance (I am not the one saying "Rape will be next" as someone already did) that unfortunate have no negative effect, I can have my Sim flirting in the hot tube with another (married to another Sim) and nothing seems to happen.
Scholar
#25 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 11:58 AM
I have not had the papparazi enter any of my celeb sims apts (not even for the 4 & 5 star celeb couple) - the farthest the papparazzi have gone is to be in the building lobby and that is public space in the game. The papparazzi haven't really annoyed me so far and I agree with Drakron that it is the price of fame.

I really do wish I had more papparrazzi so if anyone figures out how they are generated --please post info, this way maybe I can figure out how to have more and others can figure out how to eradicate the ones they already have.

Some players' sims may be stalked more agressively than others by the papparazzi though partially due to celebs being in public not private locations. My 5 star Sim has a TON of friends with many of them being non-celebs. Is it possible that the amount of non-celeb friends effect how a sim is stalked by the papparrazzi? In TS1 you had to maintain at least 14 non celeb sim friends to avoid being overly stalked by the obsessed fan--could there be similar parameters in LN for the papparrazzi? Just a thought.

Page 1 of 5