Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#126 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 6:37 AM
@joandsarah77, I think you might be although you may have problems with the GPU. One thing I've learned for sure is that my Radeon card, which is slightly below Recommended, really isn't as good as I had hoped it would be. I seem to post the system specs around a lot so may as well post them here to:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.0GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 512 MB or ATI Radeon HD 5670, 512 MB (Does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Cards)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20GHz or AMD FX-6300, 3.5Ghz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB or AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB (Does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Cards)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#127 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 7:37 AM
Thank you. I only really understand the graphics card and Ram. The whole Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20GHz or AMD FX-6300, 3.5Ghz means nothing to me. Is the GPU the processor?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#128 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 6:23 PM
Oh, sorry. The GPU is the Graphics Processing Unit, aka video card or graphics card. The CPU is the Central Processing Unit, the bit that attaches to the motherboard that processes everything your computer does. Do you know how to use DXDiag on your computer? It's an executable you can access through the little run menu that may or may not be available at the very bottom of the Start menu on your computer. I think I remember (although it's been years ago) after getting my Windows 7 machine having to search the internet for how to get it activated there so I could use it. At any rate, if you have the little Run place, you just type in dxdiag.exe and press Enter and a small program opens that shows you your system specs.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#129 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 2:44 AM
Yes, that's what I put in. But reading it and knowing what it all means are two different things lol. My graphics card is quite old. It still gives me lovely graphics for sims 2 but newer games not so much. I'd really like to upgrade to a quad core, but I can't see us affording that any time soon. So the old 9800Nvidea no good for these newer games? It was really good at the time, but it's probably 4 years old by now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 4:21 AM
I am pretty sure that the linux version allows you to play with a NVIDIA 8800 so you might be able to get your game to work with very low settings with some software tricks.

Anyway, I built a city on a map I custom made and grew this city to over 200k population. Here is a link to my video showcasing the city:

https://youtu.be/YBnIM6PkeCY

--Ocram

Always do your best.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#131 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:04 PM
Looking good, AzemOcram!

I'm loving this game, it seems so much more of a sandbox game than the last SimCity. My city isn't as organized as AzemOcram's, it just evolved rather than being planned.

I love the first person mod, especially when I follow vehicles around the city.

My city is having an epidemic of elderly citizen deaths, and following the hearse around really amuses me for some reason.

Instructor
#132 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:07 AM
Very nice! to both of you, AzemOcram and simsample. Thank you for sharing the views of your worlds.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#133 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:32 AM Last edited by HonokaAizawa : 2nd Apr 2015 at 11:00 AM. Reason: adding an important word
Meh, i want to play this game too! It looks so great :D
But i don't even know if my laptop can handle it.... *sigh*
Do you think i can run it?

Processor: Intel-Core i5-4210U @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 2.4GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM (I could add more...)
Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce 840m
Direct X: 11
Internet connection is available
Hard Drive: 400 GB free

I don't care if i can't play on highest settings that's for sure!
Instructor
#134 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 3:36 AM
HonokaAizawa, those specs meet the requirements to play. The GeForce GTX 650 card has 2 GB of RAM itself and that with the 8 GB of other RAM would be really good.

City Skylines Specs: http://www.game-debate.com/games/in...62&game=SimCity

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#135 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:17 PM
By the way, if anyone wants to get into modding or creating for Cities Skylines, there is a thriving modders chat, which I am part of. I offer the following from their recent post:

Quote:
A group open to any Cities: Skylines modder, be it artist, programmer or game designer.

Join us at #skylines-modders @ irc.esper.net

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
One Minute Ninja'd
#136 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 12:21 AM
There's an interesting interview with the lead on the team at Colossal over on RPS. It's about 4 pages and provides a fascinating look at the process of developing this game, and their philosophy towards their customers, the game, and Colossal's future. It's at http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ines-interview/
Inventor
#137 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 2:01 AM
From the interview:
Quote:
And Paradox are really committed to us making a lot of free content. That’s really important because adding tunnels, for example, isn’t something we want to charge people for. It should be in the game. It’s something we wanted to be in before launch.

Ouch.
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 3:01 AM
Since I bought the game, I am playing it nearly every free minute. It is more addictive than the good old SimCity 4 was at release.

And I like this kind humor like in a Kaurismääki Movie. In my first town a lot of people instantly died cause of flying trains!

The picture was taken short after trying out the new terraforming tools... :D
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:09 AM
While making a mod to be used in Cities XXL, I tested it out in Cities: Skylines and learned something valuable: ignoring the recoloring (not making a colormask and letting the asset editor chose the colors) makes the whole building get tinted. I really did not want any part of my building to get recolored so that is a valuable lesson. I also downscaled the building because it was supposed to be 40 meters wide and zoned buildings can only be up to 32 meters wide.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...s/?id=423668365

--Ocram

Always do your best.
Instructor
#140 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 3:52 AM
The game has now past the 1 million mark of sales! Great job Paradox and Colossal Order, that's quite a feat indeed!
Banned
#141 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
Doesn't quite fit this thread but we have mentioned it.

Colossal Order and Paradox may make a Human Simulator game?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...=1#post19071822

Quite a few "Sims" folk have posted there MadameButterfly, lewisb40 and Inge Jones to name a few I recognise!

SOOOO....Do we rename the site MOD THE CIMS? 😜

YES! I called it!
Field Researcher
#142 Old 12th May 2015 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
The game has now past the 1 million mark of sales! Great job Paradox and Colossal Order, that's quite a feat indeed!

fantastic stuff what a great effort from the team who put this together, also good to see a publisher release sales figures. according to wikiepedia SimCity 2013 sold two million I hope in the long run Cities Skylines can get close or surpass that mark, because In my humble opinion its a far better game and has tons of replay ability compared to SC13.

Page 6 of 6