Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 7:28 PM
Default Sims FreePlay for Idiots (Mac version)
I'm considering getting an Apple Mini 2, and noticed that you can play the Sims Freeplay on IPads. My trusty netbook is getting on in years, and I happily played Sims 1 on that. Might be time for something new! I found the Sims 1 to be a good travel game ... but this one may not be.

First of all, can you even PLAY Sims Freeplay on a mini? Does it have the ability to do this without sputtering, as opposed to playing on a larger tablet? Will this game require that I be always online (in which case, I could play this only when WiFi is available, and this would make a poor travel game)? From this post, it looks like I would need to be:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...e-sims-freeplay

Also, has anyone figured a way to stop aging yet?

Secondly, what are the opinions of those of you who play or have played this? Worth it? Not worth it? Any pitfalls I should be concerned about? (And since this is an EA game, I would not be at all surprised if there are pitfalls!)

Do you HAVE to do the quests? Is EA even vaguely making an effort not to be money-hungry and to not demand that you pay to finish them?

The fact that people don't seem to be too enthusiastic about the game here is probably not a good sign. Then again, I was one of the five people who liked Sims Social before EA completely became greedy and glitches abounded. Speaking of which ... just how glitchy is this game?

And oh ... will I need Origin in any way, shape or form?

(And yes, I know this is a Sims game, but it doesn't fit in any of the other categories, and when I did a forum search, most of the stuff about Freeplay was here. If I erred, please let me know, and I'll move the thread.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 1st May 2015 at 4:56 PM
I'm sure you can play Sims FreePlay on an iPad Mini 2. I had no problems playing it on an iPhone 4S which is a much slower device.
It's actually quite highly rated for both iOS and Android.
I couldn't really get into it and didn't play it much. I do recall that time advanced in real-time and you had to pay in XP to fast-forward through boring things. I think you had to complete quests to get XP, but if you didn't need XP, then I guess you don't need to complete all the quests. I'm sure you could also buy XP with real money and skip quests.
It didn't need origin, but it did require you to be online to play.

I haven't played for some time and my memory is a bit hazy, not to mention it's had a ton of updates since I last played, so my answers may not be accurate any more.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2015 at 3:58 PM Last edited by gazania : 10th May 2015 at 4:31 PM.
Hmmm ... I think I can play it. That's the good news. But it looks like the reviews might be less favorable since you last played it. Sometimes, reviews can plummet that way.

http://appcrawlr.com/ios/the-sims-freeplay

It's still not in the gutter ... more than half who played this game liked it ... but that's not the best percentage for this kind of game.

That really stinks because I am one of the few here who liked the late Sims Social initially and rated it highly at first, until I encountered tons of nasty glitches and woeful customer service. I see from the Sims FreePlay reviews that neither might have changed at all. I never really tried Sims Online, but have tried TirNua, which is allegedly the brainchild of an SO creator or two. I see that TirNua has been under two different companies since I last played it, though, and the first version did not impress me.

SIgh. I guess I need to either jump in and give FreePlay a shot, even with so-so reviews, or find something similar.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 11:28 PM
I think the real-world time aspect throws the game off. It can never really get addicting unless you have the money to buy the the life stuff. Overall the quests are fun. Again the only thing is the real world time aspect.