Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:41 PM
Default Satoru Iwata: 1959-2015
Sad news Nintendo fans.
CEO and co-programmer of Earthbound Satoru Iwata has died at age 55 from gallbladder cancer.
His position is a very lofty one, in a term, he's left rather big shoes to fill.

There was a sighting of a rainbow arcing over the Nintendo Kyoto headquarters, much in common that PIXAR was also sighted with a rainbow upon Steve Jobs' death.
It appears that we as gamers are left to grieve.

Pardon my nerves, but the big shoes to fill terminology evoked a sight gag about fortitude as a person in a position.
My grief is not normal, so pardon my actions, I am broken when someone important in our lives dies.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 10:59 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Iwata. He will always be in our hearts. The Video Game Industry won't be the same without such a brilliant businessman/CEO/programmer. He will be missed. #ThankYouIwataSan
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 10:40 AM
Damn, i'm still crying.
I grew up with Nintendo games. Zelda, Mario, Pokemon... it's so sad!
55 is much too young to die.

R.I.P. Iwata-sama
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 1:04 PM
R.I.P. Iwata... He took the Rainbow Road to heaven.