Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Sourcery - Working wand for magic sims

by Echo Posted 17th Nov 2007 at 8:21 AM - Updated 8th May 2009 at 1:44 PM by Echo

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 273 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 12
Test Subject
#151 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 1:45 AM
Nice set.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 8:56 AM
cursed.martyr - take her into a room with a dining chair or a bookshelf, and see if she can cast any spells there. If you can, do it with testing cheats on.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 6:05 PM
I have been playing with this item for a while now and am in love with it. It works great in my game (which surprises me seeing as how many downloads I have) and is a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing such a great creation with us.
Test Subject
#154 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 7:14 PM
love it lol by the way u thinking of making any more spells 4 it ???
Test Subject
#155 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 12:56 PM
It looks like a very good item Echo, but the file is 'corrupted' according to my computer when ever I try to open the zipped file. Could you please try to fix this?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#156 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 12:06 AM
FaceYourDemons - Try deleting the file and downloading it a second time. Sometimes a glitch during download can corrupt a file mid-download, which produces symptoms like that.
Instructor
#157 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:47 AM
Wow! Thanks Echo, I always look at your profile, i can't believe I missed this! Im Speechless!
Test Subject
#158 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 12:16 PM
I Like It.
Test Subject
#159 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 10:20 AM
Echo. I like the wand very much, but i did found a problem that if you uninstall the wand from the download folder for back ups and such. If somehow if one don't remember to reinstall the wand or don't want to for downlaod limits, the save files that did use the wand become corrupt, that the "magic" command becomes "Debug - Super friendly hug" and is unreversable just to let you know other that that it works fine.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 1:08 PM
Gastalt - That's the same thing that will happen to any custom socials you have if you uninstall them. If an object gets created in game, then you remove the package for that object, it will revert to the fallback guid, which is the object it is cloned from.

If it's causing you problems, I can make something to forcibly remove the super duper hug social from your lot. Just let me know if you want it.
Test Subject
#161 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Gastalt - That's the same thing that will happen to any custom socials you have if you uninstall them. If an object gets created in game, then you remove the package for that object, it will revert to the fallback guid, which is the object it is cloned from.

If it's causing you problems, I can make something to forcibly remove the super duper hug social from your lot. Just let me know if you want it.

Echo, thanks for the info

Sofar, the only problem is only had one sim use that wand, but the odd command effected everyone that never interacted with the wand on the lot so it was a bit concerning after my regular CC cleanups to remove lag and prevent crashing again since I was in gen 5 of my legacy experiment and testing freetime.

It's not a big problem if I remember to reinstall wand and magic skill, but if I forget to or lose the DL files, a way to remove the super big hug can be helpful in the future.

Thanks again
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:03 PM
thank you sssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooo much
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 3:30 PM
Totally cool..thanks for sharing..
Test Subject
#164 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:22 AM
Thanks so much Echo I love it!
I was hoping to add more spells myself and have no idea how. I was thinking of one to max out motives and make moneybags fall from the sky (I have freetime and it's one of the genie wishes). Do you think you could help me on this? I would love to have it in my game.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#165 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 10:32 AM
Hi Judefan!

I'd be very happy to help you with such a project, but I'd need you to have a little bit of experience in BHAV coding first since it's a little bit tricky. Give this tutorial a shot:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142907
and if you can make sense of all that let me know and I'll be happy to walk you through the process of making a spell plugin.
Test Subject
#166 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 10:38 AM
WOW!!
I can't do meshes, let alone animations!!
Possibly the best thing I've seen (though some of the Harry Potter project is cool too)
One thing....this sounds silly, but where does the menu come up?
Oh yeah, does it work on young adults?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 11:10 AM
The menu will come up either on the sim him/herself, or if it's an interaction to play on another sim, on that sim. I'm not sure about young adults, but my guess is that they probably won't work. It's designed for the base game, before YAs existed.
Test Subject
#168 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:18 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#169 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 7:44 AM Last edited by Judefan6 : 13th Apr 2008 at 12:02 AM.
OK, I tried a new wand and I have NO idea how to get it working, oh well, I'll stick to other peoples downloads, so if anyone has any ideas and knowledge of how to get things working I'll PM you. And by the way Echo, the wand does work with YAs. And can I put it in my story?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#170 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 8:17 AM
Judefan - As in a new mesh? Yeah, they're not easy, since the interactions live in the other packages and check for the wand's GUID in the sim's inventory. Pretty messy for cloning I'm afraid. Good to know about the YAs, thanks. And of course you can use it in your story. Send us a link if you put it up publicly so I can check it out! :D
Test Subject
#171 Old 5th May 2008 at 5:18 PM
i need help my wand dosn't work i got the magic skill nad nightlife plz help me
Test Subject
#172 Old 5th May 2008 at 5:45 PM
i need help i got magic skill and nightlife
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 6th May 2008 at 7:50 PM
Yes, the levitate disappears furniture off and on for me too. Not a terrible thing though - I mean the disappear furniture spells name alone made me figure out I didn't want to try any of this on my OWN furniture. I just hit the nearest public lot and annoy the heck out of all the other sims visiting ;-))
I loved it once I actually got around to using it (yes download so much I sometimes forget about some of the neat stuff I have).
Now any chance of some additional spells getting put into this? Please, pretty please with sugar on it?
Test Subject
#174 Old 9th May 2008 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordryan1992
i need help i got magic skill and nightlife

Is the wand in your soms inventory? Do they have suitable objects to cast spells on (chairs, bookshelves)? Is your sim an adult or young adult?
Test Subject
#175 Old 17th May 2008 at 3:02 PM
yea my sim is a adult and i put the wand in the inventory
Page 7 of 12