Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:35 AM
Default Photos of memories
*I apologize if this is in the wrong section*

So I've noticed time and time again that in some lots (no particular ones) when a sim has a memory and the game captures the moment, oftentimes it captures the side of the house or roof or whatever. Does anyone else experience this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:47 AM
This is one of the reasons why I disabled memories. The other reasons were the memory sink and the fact I never checked them. Also, who the heck remembers every time they have sex?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 1:27 AM
Yeah, this happens to me all the time. After so many pictures of just a building exterior or some weird half through the wall crappy picture (or my sims are in low-poly mode, invisible, or black voids), I ended up disabling memories (also because my town populations are already too big for my system to handle, but anyways...)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Also, who the heck remembers every time they have sex?

Depends on how often that happens I guess. I have Sims who haven't gotten any in years, both ingame and IRL.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#5 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:40 PM
Yeah, the memory system was something else that sounded as though it was going to be really cool, and was something that we were asking for...
Then we got THIS mess.

At least they managed to avoid the "Had a Family Reunion" spam from Sims 2 if your sim encountered a sim who was related but didn't live in the same household. For the founding family in the neighborhood, if it's not a townie or a service sim, they're related. It's not a family reunion, it's a trip to the store! You could have 5 family reunions in one day just running errands or having friends come over from work or school.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:01 PM
You can download this mod that cuts the memory system down so that only 'important' memories are saved - e.g. getting married, having a kid, achieving lifetime wish etc. It also helps cut down on the weird pictures (or no pictures) for memories, because you usually know your sim is about to get a certain memory so you can centre the camera on them etc.

Oh, and it also helps cut down the size of your save game.

why did i pick this username
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:08 PM
That is one great mod I use. So grateful to the person that made it.

EDIT: Now I wanna play Sims 3 for some weird reason.