Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:47 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 31st Mar 2018 at 9:16 PM.
Default How do I move an existing Sim into a household with 8 Sims in it using MasterController, again?
I'm afraid I've come up with a bit of a chronic stupidity disorder, and that certainly hasn't stopped me from not knowing how to move a Sim, fresh out of CAS, into a household that already has 8 Sims in it. Despite, you know, having all the required NRaas mods and some understanding of MasterController. I get hung up on the knowing which buttons to click part.

Also do you ever write and post a topic, and immediately after clicking the post button you realize you could've asked it on Discord and probably gotten an answer within the minute?
EDIT: I asked on the Discord and didn't get an answer at all. Fascinating.

Thanks

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:13 PM
Hmm, I remember some time ago I had trouble doing this too, but I did manage to get all 10 sims together, so as far as I remember, I simply created another household inthe NB and I used a mod to allow more than 8 sims and Portrait Panel (Portriat Panel is important if you want to actually see more than 8 sims on the UI) so I basicly added the sims through Portrait Panel, I really can't remember how I did it, but I think you just need Portrait Panel and a mod to allow more than 8 sims on the lot IICR, so I don't think you need MC.

Well, I don't personally use Discord because I really only have 1 friend and my brother (I know, I'm such a loner) but to think about posting something on here when you could post something there faster, I'd think I'd realize it straight away.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:24 PM
PotraitPanel doesn't have anything to do with the capacity a household has to be overstuffed (greater that eight). Its purview is strictly the display of the panel thumbnails and their interactiveness. You can always throw sims from inactive households on the panel, but then you can only focus on them or switch households to control them, they don't get combined into one.

The MC way to do this is to add the "extra" sims to a different household or one of their own when coming from CAS and the use MC's Add Sim command on the target household to force them into that one. MC must also be set first to allow such an action. NRaas > MC > Settings > Allow More Than Eight > True (is False by default).

If you want to overstuff the household by way of social commands or moving them in by phone or through Edit Town, then the Mover mod is required.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which%2...FAQ#Overstuffed
Trainee Moderator
#4 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:05 PM
Wellz, sorry about that but that's basicly how I did it, somehow with the portrait panel. And yes, that's more or less what I tried to say, to allow more than 8 sims visible on the IU.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:13 PM
I think something might've gone wrong. I haven't even merged these households yet and yet ALL the portraits are gone now.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Trainee Moderator
#6 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I think something might've gone wrong. I haven't even merged these households yet and yet ALL the portraits are gone now.

Hmm, so you can't see them at all? Can you get the pie menu up?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 3:41 PM
Yeah, pie menu works fine. Spacebar works too, so does right clicking Sims. It's just the pie menu. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure this is a problem. I wouldn't mind being able to turn the portaits on and off.

insert signature here
Trainee Moderator
#8 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 3:42 PM
Yeah, pie menu works fine. Spacebar works too, so does right clicking Sims. It's just the pie menu. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure this is a problem. I wouldn't mind being able to turn the portaits on and off.

Can you post a picture if you can? (sorry, I just can't imagine being able to do the pie menu and not see the portraits)

Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:46 PM
Merging sims into the same household and getting sims from more than one household to be selectable from the UI (which means you are switching active households with each click) are not the same thing. Guess I misunderstood the goal here.

We all look like hamsters anyway, it's impossible to conduct serious business this way. I'm going to go run around my squeaky wheel for a while, my avatar makes me look too fat.
Site Helper
#10 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:52 PM
We need someone from Team Butterfly to post in this thread.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:58 PM
No. I'm not having any of those traitorous bastards in MY thread.

Anyway here you go. It's just a regular pie menu with my regular UI, with my regular bloom, only this time there's no portrait panel. I really ought to get the pie menu buttons recolored sometime. I'd rather have them be the dark, flat, blueish grey of the redesigned UI. It's just that I can't be bothered to work on the stupid thing.

Also note the error message it throws everytime I click on a Sim.

insert signature here
Scholar
#12 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
We need someone from Team Butterfly to post in this thread.

well here is a member now!

-acts majestic due to being a butterfly-

-all you rodents are puny-

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 6:26 PM
Also it doesn't appear it'll allow me to add the extra Sims because no matter what criteria I select, these two Sims won't show up in the list. I simply cannot get them to show up. Oh MasterController, why must you have so many goddamn menus.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:37 PM
Also it doesn't appear it'll allow me to add the extra Sims because no matter what criteria I select, these two Sims won't show up in the list. I simply cannot get them to show up. Oh MasterController, why must you have so many goddamn menus.

That's an unusual error for PortraitPanel to throw. Is it possible you have an outdated version or something else like AwesomeMod getting in the way (it's not supposed to)? At the very least, clear your scriptCache, MC Reset your sims and revert PP's options to default. But if that doesn't help clear it, see if PP is behaving itself in a different game save.

But you may have to bring the errors to us at NRaas for any further help there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 9:09 PM
I've made sure that the mod versions check out (I think). While it may be more useful for me to try to figure this out the proper way, I've just gotten rid of PortraitPanel for now since I won't really need it anyway.

insert signature here