Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 8:51 PM
Default Celebration Anouncement in Seasons
Hello,

the players in Switzerland already have their Seaosns... I hate tehm :D

But there is no anouncement about the 6th EP, its the anouncement about the stuff pack 'Celebration Stuff'

Find them here:

http://www.simtimes.de/screens/news/059.php
Advertisement
#2 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 8:57 PM
This looks like a pretty nice stuff pack. I doubt I'll get it.. still nice.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 8:57 PM
Ugh that's soooo annoying! I wish they'd tell us what it is, they know we want to know! But I suppose, since this is a remake of an old one, they might want to keep it a surprise. They know how much people want remakes of Vacation and Superstar, so they don't want to make them happy just yet! It is a bit of a let-down though that all we hear about is Celebration Stuff, because in the chat one of the hosts (think it was Hunter) said "Maybe " in the reply to "Will we find out about the next expansion in the case for Seasons?" That suggests we would have, surely? Grrr...

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:04 PM
You can never be too sure. Dont lose all faith because maybe theres just a leaflet for celebration stuff in the european versions of seasons. They could easily put a different leaflet in other versions like the american version. Or more likely, knowing EA, they wont.
#5 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:08 PM
maxis is no longer the sims 2 makers, check the latest ox, there name is no more.

Still, I hope it's magic, EVERYone loves magic...And if they don't Ill--...
#6 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:15 PM
Aww noooo :'( Oh well a flyer should be in Celebrations,me want me want!
thank you!
Inventor
#7 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:21 PM
That kinda sucks...not only will we not know what the next Ep is, that flyer doesn't tell us much about the stuff pack. Oh well, I hope whatever the next EP is, is not Magic. I'd prefer Vacation or Superstar.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
Aww noooo :'( Oh well a flyer should be in Celebrations,me want me want!
thank you!

Unless they decide to release another stuff pack (was it H&M stuff that was rumoured at the same time as Celebration stuff?) which would well and truely annoy me
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:42 PM
The only thing I can conclude from this one is that it is Party related, and if it is just that I am not sure I'll get it. I like parties don't get me wrong but that is not something that is high on my list while playing, except birthdays and NY occasionally.

I'd love Magic as an EP and I do hope they make something of the sort - what they'll do though I honestly have no idea. Gave up guessing a while ago.
#10 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:51 PM
Wahey, another stuff pack advert :S

Oh please not a magic EP. I like my game realistic.
#11 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:56 PM
I don't care either way.

And realistic?
Your icon girl has Elf ears....
o.o
Theorist
#12 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 10:00 PM
Ha! I just knew Maxis/EA would do that to us! Glamour Life already has lots of formal wear, but that BBQ grill looks nice. I have to see more of what the pack offers though.

I really hope Maxis doesn't wait until the end of July to announce EP6. I hope it's a Superstar remake with a little bit of Vacation for good measure, that's all I need to consider The Sims 2 complete.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 10:07 PM
WTF?! Switzerland people already have Seasons?!?! It's that true??

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, if that's true, I gonna ask to my cousins bring it from Switzerland until Saturday:D

Is Seasons already out in Switzerland???

EDIT: Talked with them in the MSN, they are going to the shopping tomorrow to see if it's for sale already :D:DAt least one good thing about them being Emigrants xD
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 6:40 AM
Aaarggh!!! Why Switzerland already have Seasons?!! Not fair!! WAAHH!! :weep:
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 9:11 AM
I just got mine in the mail today , I was totally surprised! I did not think it would come out this early . I love Switzerland !! Yay! I will try to get some pics up later on today. But I think its not a pressing matter as others have already posted pictures.

Happy Simming All!
Renee
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 9:14 AM
raye,youre so lucky..... what shop did you buy it from,online store? whats the site? (having a mad fit) wannitwannitwannit!lol!
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
I don't care either way.

And realistic?
Your icon girl has Elf ears....
o.o

My icon isn't even a sim. LOL
I might like fairytale-like pictures/art, but I like my sims realistic.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 10:19 AM
Hi Callum!!! I get my games from an online shop. I called them and they told me that the game has been in my mailbox since last night! In most places in Switzerland , the mailboxes are located outside. I live in a condo complex so our mailboxes are on the outside. Just the thought that it was out there all alone ,in the cold night just breaks my heart! LOL! I had to give in my laptop to be reserviced and just got it back last night! I didnt have access to the internet for three weeks! Talk about withdrawl symptoms!
I have been up all night reinstalling everything! Now one thing I did notice with this EP is that laptops are gonna have to really be up to date to run it. It is an enormous strain on the machine. I have just up dated my RAM from 1024 to 2gb and my HD from 60gb to 120gb; and it took it awhile to install and finally run the game. I believe it took about 8 minutes to install it. I dont know how long it would have been had I had to install CD- Roms instead of a DVD. The intro was quite choppy as well. But the game ran smoothly afterwards.

I should just go ahead and start a new thread on this, but I only took a few pictures . My laptop was running quite hot while the game playing, so I thought it best to take a break . I think I will try to get pics of the new items later on today. But the person who posted pics on the German site has got it all pretty well covered. I guess I would like to inform folks about the installation rather than gameplay. I wont really have a chance to play the game until tomorrow night.
I am still surprised that we have the game already. I was counting with Monday at the earliest!

Huggles!
Renee
#19 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:54 PM
I still have to wait 2 weeks probably

Lucky you, I hope you have much fun with your game!
#20 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 2:02 PM
Wow ... although after FFS and Glamour Life, I swore never to buy another stuff pack, Celebration Stuff might end that ... already. :\

I love the look of the new wedding dresses, as well as the new outdoor objects,
Benny Boy
Instructor
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 2:21 PM
Ahh man! Another stuff pack Don't we have enough of them already...? Hmm well, don't know if I'll get it yet..

Raye: You are so lucky to have seasons! I want to move to Switzerland now.. Enjoy your game you lucky girl! :D

Feel free to call me Squash

Instructor
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 3:07 PM
hmmm so the insert is for the stuff pack? maybe its like a scavanger hunt..seasons has celebration, celebration will have the next ep on insert yeah im being silly and paitence my fellow americans...two weeks will fly by like nothing at all :D

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 4:21 PM
Raye, the stuff you were saying about your laptop really scared me o.o From the sound of it your laptop is really up to date and you have huge HD and a huge amount of RAM and it was still running hot? That's worrying for my poor chugging laptop. I've had the game on order since it was announced, but now I'm scared! Can you say anything to reassure me? Like, I have a 1.5 GHz processor, what's yours? If yours is higher than that then I'm ... well, insert your own curse word. I won't be able to play the game! Eeeek!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Instructor
#24 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 4:29 PM
*yawn* another stuff pack. Oh, well. I'll end up getting that one, too. I like having a complete game. But you ALREADY have it Switserland?!?!?!?! ARRGGHHHHH!!! Oh, well. We in the US have only ONE week to wait! :D

Ciao,
~M~
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happenin_holly
Raye, the stuff you were saying about your laptop really scared me o.o From the sound of it your laptop is really up to date and you have huge HD and a huge amount of RAM and it was still running hot? That's worrying for my poor chugging laptop. I've had the game on order since it was announced, but now I'm scared! Can you say anything to reassure me? Like, I have a 1.5 GHz processor, what's yours? If yours is higher than that then I'm ... well, insert your own curse word. I won't be able to play the game! Eeeek!

[off topic] She scared me too! *prays her laptop can handle it* [/OT]

My name is Loren.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Referred to Stuff Packs forum- link inside
Page 1 of 2