Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 9:47 PM
Default Seasons Chat
I just read a few minutes ago on the official site that there will be a Seasons chat next week! Put ideas for questions here, ones that we don't know the answers to.

I for one want to know if Servos will be affected by rain and other weather. The answer is probably yes but who knows. :shrug:
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 9:58 PM
I'd like to know if we'll get the patches for their mistakes at least a month before the next pack this time.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 10:25 PM
That's true Faithlove, almost all of my questions were answered when Seasons was announced.

Oh, what about the new music? I think TSR said that there will be new music, but they didn't say what kind...there has always been at least 1 new station per expansion. I'm not sure if this question was answered but another question could be if you have to clear your driveway in winter if you have Nightlife.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 10:27 PM
1. Can we choose seasons for districts/sub-neighborhoods (especially Universities) like you can choose the terrain or will they use the seasons for the main neighborhood?

2. What build mode features will be added? (Other than the rounded pool walls and the ability to change the pool walls and floor tiles...or, is that all the new build features?)

3. Will there be the power outage scenario? (For those who have never played with the thunderstorms in the game: there is a chance that the power will go out and you have the option to try to keep everyone's "fun" motive up. It is a mini-game somewhat like parties or dates.)

4. Can we change seasons for a neighborhood once we have set them? (In other words, if Strangetown was set to be have an endless summer, could we later change it to experience a winter?)

5. Would exercise, even if outside during winter, warm a Sim up or keep them warm?

6. How long does it take for a Sim to sunburn?

Not really a question but more of a pondering....
I just noticed in the trailer video, there is a Sim doing a cannon ball without a diving board. I wonder if this means Sims are no longer dependent on the ladder, diving board, and soon-to-be-added waterslide to enter the pool......

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 10:48 PM
maybesomethingdunno: Number four is a YES.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 10:50 PM
Oh, that's good to know. Thank you, Cheeseisgood.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
#7 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 9:23 AM
1) Can you build (a fully functioning) greenhouse directly against the house? In all of the screencaps I've seen there was at least one space between the greenhouse and the real house, but I have some house ideas where the greenhouse more or less is incorporated into the house rather than being some standalone building.

2) Can animals get frozen or sun burned too?
Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:41 PM
In a clip accessible off of SnootySims site (the link is in the news posted yesterday) there is a scene of Sims playing in their yard in the snow. The camera pans around and gives a shot of the street and that little section of grass next to the street. There was snow all over the yard, house, tress etc. but not one flake or spot of snow on that little strip of grass next to the street or on the street.

Think they'll fix that before release?
#9 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:51 PM
I want to know if the things you grow are relevant to the things you cook e.g. Grow potatoes, make potato salad?
#10 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:55 PM
Knowing EA, No.

Anyways, I want to know about the music, and the power outage thing.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 5:30 PM
Mutantbunny: the area around the house (in the neighborhood) should be snowed under too.
Tommy: The new radio station is New Age (I think?) and it has 6 new songs.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 7:52 PM
bad kay: the neighborhood was covered in snow--except for the grass at the curbs. The sidewalks, the grass strip at the curb and the streets are not.

The streets and the sidewalk are not that big a deal. Afterall these get cleared, would be funner if you had your sim do it tho. BUT the grass strip is a big deal, IMO--it looks ridiculous--green grass next to snow.

Go look at the clip if you haven't:
It's in french http://sims2.fr/pages.view_page.asp?id=363 scroll down to the header 'Le pingouin' and click on 'Cliquez pour voir la vidéo'
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 8:03 PM
Mutantbunny, I think there is snow, just not as heavy

Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Not really a question but more of a pondering....
I just noticed in the trailer video, there is a Sim doing a cannon ball without a diving board. I wonder if this means Sims are no longer dependent on the ladder, diving board, and soon-to-be-added waterslide to enter the pool......

They don't need a diving board , ladder or waterslide. I wonder if they can get out without a ladder... If so, how am I going to kill ugly townies? :p
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bad kay
Mutantbunny, I think there is snow, just not as heavy

They don't need a diving board , ladder or waterslide. I wonder if they can get out without a ladder... If so, how am I going to kill ugly townies? :p

I think they can already get out from the pool without a ladder.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 8:33 PM
Really? No, they die when you remove the ladder.
#16 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 11:54 PM
They can, They're just too stupid to do it....
#17 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:39 AM
I'm curious about plant vampires. Are they like servo vampires and gain the sunlight need while they're in their coffins?
#18 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 8:29 AM
Marky: Hey, I never thought about that. That's gonna be a real cuffufle of a situation. I hope Maxis thought that one through and come up with a solution.

I want to know if accesories (including custom content) like scarves and hats will provide warmth. I also want to know if Maxis will change "Glasses" to "Accesories".
#19 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 11:27 AM
Kangaroodied: If u go to mutantBunnys link you can see haow they do accesories: http://sims2.fr/pages.view_page.asp?id=363
#20 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 3:16 AM
Jonesy: But aren't those just hairstyles? Either that, or I'm not looking in the right place.
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 4:42 PM
Does anyone know what 2.30pm PST is in GMT?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meems
Does anyone know what 2.30pm PST is in GMT?

It's 22:30 GMT.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 5:48 PM
my big question is: will it rain/snow inside the house?
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babbelsim
my big question is: will it rain/snow inside the house?

I think I remember reading that it will if you don't put a roof on your house, but I can't be sure though. I'd like to see that just once though. lol
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KangarooDied
Jonesy: But aren't those just hairstyles? Either that, or I'm not looking in the right place.

From what I can see, the accessories are put under the hair styles. The top icon is probably hair and under that are accessories you can mix and match with the hair. I'm curious to see how well that will really work.
Page 1 of 4