Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 2:20 AM
Default Sims 1 vs Sims 2 vs Sims 3 vs Sims 4 GRIM REAPER
To me Sims 2 still has the best action for the Grim Reaper. See #7 but the other 6 are great to watch to https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...FBWWTf6jWRSMlH7

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 2:36 AM
I have to admit that I like the Sims 3 one when a horse dies and the Grim Reaper rides off on it.
Theorist
#3 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 5:26 AM
The Sims 2 one has the most character and charm. He's an Aries, likes long walks on the beach and is concerned about the environment (he prefers a maiden on a pale horse to one in an oversized SUV). This is more than we ever find out about the others.
Plus he has hula zombies. Who doesn't like hula zombies? And if you have lived a good life he greets you with a cocktail and packs your stuff for you.

The one in Sims 3 just looks like his robes are made from latex...O_o
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:07 AM
From my very poor memory: Sims 1 reaper I can't remember, sims 2 I think is about right, creepy but not too much so, plus he comes with a drink a phone and hula zombies. 3 I recall was creepy, I only saw him a couple of times and I didn't like him. 4 I don't have.

I will now watch the video.
Sims 1 very creepy!
Sims 2-still just right with the most charm. He seems like a real sim.
Sims 3- He's okay I guess. The handshake redeemed him somewhat. I just remember feeling was that it? When I played sims 3.
Sims 4. Sims 4 seems like they went back to Sims 2 somewhat. He seems okayish.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 8:09 AM
I did think it was funny that Sims 2 reaper checked off his names on a clipboard, but Sims 4 reaper had an iPad. Sign of the times. XD

I wonder if anyone has had a family die at Christmas because of a burned Christmas tree and Santa and the reaper watched TV together afterwards. XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 3:05 PM
@joandsarah77 Congrats on becoming the 4th moderator only 2 more to go for this round.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Inventor
#7 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:19 PM
This is one of the few areas in which I will give props to Sims 4. The actual soul reaping animation is pretty damn cool and I'd love to see a mod that would port it to Sims 2. Also, I prefer the designs of the others Reapers to the Sims 2 one. I think I just like the black robes over the grey shroud.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 8:25 PM
I like Sims 1 grimmy best as he is the only one I've actually managed to kill!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 9:04 PM
I think I like 1 & 2 the best. I forgot how much I hated the creepy the chanting in the first game, but then again I was much younger. :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@joandsarah77 Congrats on becoming the 4th moderator only 2 more to go for this round.

You will be out from under the mops and brooms in that dusty cupboard soon enough. By the amount of work on that queue you might want to crawl back in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#11 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 11:39 PM
The Sims 1 one made me slightly uncomfortable with all that chanting, especially when the hood kept sliding off its skeleton head, for some reason. It felt like an enemy from an old videogame or something. But I like that when it's done with its business, it just casually walks from the lot like a normal muggler, complete with the sound of footsteps, and then decides to vanish in a ring of skulls.
The Sims 2 one is my favourite, although I might be biased. It has a rather creepy look that just feels... well-made, and it feels more fleshed out (sorry) than the others, character-wise (if this and other videos I've seen of Grim from the other games are anything to go by, that is). I mean, hula zombies, drinks, nice body language. This Grim reaper is chill and fun, and leaving one's beloved sims in his hands feels oddly safe.
The Sims 3 one looks a little odd. Shiny, shiny robes and a slim body, but without that bony feel to it. And kinda awkward, after it was done it was just standing around looking confused like "what am I supposed to do now...?". That handshake with the ghost was sweet, though, and the animation and music when he appeared was creepy as hell, actually,
The Sims 4 one looks stylish.

I am Error.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#12 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 12:23 AM Last edited by Simonut : 10th Jan 2017 at 12:34 AM.
I watch all of the different Reapers from all the versions of the Sims it was fun, but I still like Sims 2 interactions with the Reaper best, but I really like the "Tears" being shed in Sims 4
I also watch all versions of the Sims Woohoo and having a baby I like the Sims 2 the best. Thanks marka93 for sharing this.

joandsarah77 Let's celebrate and party on you becoming a Moderator !

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 12:46 AM
Thanks Simonut.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#14 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 12:59 AM
I like TS2/TS3's Grim Reaper equally. It's been so long since I have played TS1 that I don't even remember what that Grim Reaper was like, and I have never seen TS4's in action, so I can't speak to it.

Congratulations, Jo. I hope you enjoy policing the boards.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Instructor
#15 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:52 AM
In my opinion, the Sims 2 had just the right balance-Just the right amount of mystery, and humor! Previously, when I played TS4, I found the Grim Reaper overly playful, and somewhat aggravating. I actually think the state of the Grim Reaper might reflect the current state of the game!
Example:
Sims 4: Overly playful and shallow reaper.
Sims 4 in general: Overly playful and shallow
Sims 2: Balanced and slightly mysterious reaper, with just the right amount of humor.
Sims 2 :Balanced and slightly mysterious, with just the right amount of humor.
I could be wrong, but those are just my observations...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 3:47 AM
PenelopeT I'm a queue mod, so not much on the policing I don't think.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 5:26 PM
TS1's Grim Reaper took forever to reap my Sims. Every time I had a delightful weenie Sim roast over at the house (I'd invite a ton of neighbours over and see how many of them die in the fires I started) poor Grimmie had a massive backlog of Sims he needed to take care of. And whenever he caught on fire, the reaping process would be interrupted and he'd have to teleport out. After the whole party ended, the Grim Reaper stayed at the house all night until 10AM the next morning just to get to all the Sims.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#18 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Simonut : 11th Jan 2017 at 1:46 AM.
I just had so much fun watching on the link left by marka93 the Animations of the Sims comparison with Sims 2, 3 4 it went in this order somewhat I think.

Cheer : I pick Sims 2 & 3 as the best.
Laugh : I like Sims 2 & 4
Flirt: I like 2 & 4

Disgusted: 2 & 3
Awkward :2 & 4 Sims
Dislike: Sims 2

Angry: 2 and 4 just a little bit
Sad: Sims 2 & 4
Scared: Sims 2 & 3
Frustrated: I like Sims 4

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
PenelopeT I'm a queue mod, so not much on the policing I don't think.

Nope queue mods - no powers over the boards (believe me, I tried)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#20 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 11:49 PM
sims1; I do not recall chanting. I had base game + the Deluxe edition + Unleashed. though did not cause any deaths after getting either Deluxe edition or Unleashed.
base game; it was relatively easy (and relatively quick) to kill any sim through any method.

sims2's base game deaths seem slower and more difficult (without cheats/hacks/mods) than sims1.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 12:16 PM
I absolutely love the reaper from The Sims 1, because in my opinion, he's the creepiest.
The reaper from The Sims 2 is also pretty cool, his outfit looks great and his messages when all Sims on a lot die are hilarious.
In The Sims 3 he's alright, but he could be a little bit more mysterious and dark.

Warning: No coffee inserted - User halted.
A backup a day keeps the virus away!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 12:48 PM
So only the Sims 2 reaper watches TV?
Inventor
#23 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 2:10 PM
I might not be remembering correctly, but I believe the Sims 4 Reaper will occasionally hang around after. The best way of insuring it is to have another sim engage him in conversation or some other activity.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:39 PM
I've only seen The Sims 2 Reaper watch TV once, when I killed Dina and Nina Caliente before I used a mod to send all graves on the lot to the local cemetery. I've seen the Sims 3 Reaper do different things after reaping. I one time saw him reading a book sitting on the the water fountain by the Sunset Valley Science facility. I have the Nraas mod Careers plus a module to let child/teen Sims go to school at rabbitholes besides the school rabbithole. My teen Sim had just gotten out of school at the military rabbithole when one of the elders that worked there died of old age. The Grim Reaper reaped her, and then my teen Sim got the memory of being slapped by the Grim Reaper. There have been a few other times that he has hung around after reaping but I don't remember them very well. 99% of the time he reaps and immediately leaves, but I've seen him hang around more than the Sims 2 Reaper.

I refuse to touch Sims 4 with a ten foot pole, so I've never seen that Reaper.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 3:19 AM
I don't remember the Sims 1 reaper - he seemed to take forever - bored me and the Sim waiting. Sims 2 reaper is the best, for looks and humour. Didn't like Sims 3 - shaking hands? Na. I found him boring. As for Sims 4 reaper - meh - costume was wrong and looked too feminine.
Page 1 of 2