Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 5:16 PM
Default Changing eye color in SimPE
I have one sim with custom eyes and one with recessive green.
I haven't changed the custom eyes to be genetic, making all the children have those eyes.
I'm wondering how I'd change it in SimPE in the Sim DNA section.

Do I put the green in the dominant and the custom as recessive, or do I put the green in both?
If it's the first, what happens if the child has a child?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 6:16 PM
I'm confused. Do you want to change the sim's eye color, the sim's genetics, or the inheritability of the custom eye?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:20 PM
I want to change both the sim's eye color and genetics.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:25 PM
Pretty sure there is a lot more to changing the inheritable of an eye then to place in in the recessive area. Custom eyes without genetics are always dominant.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Pretty sure there is a lot more to changing the inheritable of an eye then to place in in the recessive area. Custom eyes without genetics are always dominant.

Yes. If you want to change the inheritance of the eyes I think that you would need to use SimPE change the genetics of the custom eye to make them less dominant.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 1:29 PM
I think you would need to put green as both dominant and recessive to ensure that things would inherit properly.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 4:52 PM
Thank you for the help. I think I'll change the custom eye to dominant, since it's supposed to be a special eye only for my tiger sims and their descendants.
I was just worried that, if I made it dominant or recessive, the other eye colors would interfere with it. (Like, they would act the same way as skintones on a scale.) This is the first time I'm using custom eyes with correct genetics. After doing a bit more reading, I think I'm starting to understand now.