Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 6:21 PM
Default I guess they finally added toddlers to Sims 4.
https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-adds-toddlers

I think I still prefer Sims 2 toddlers, but look at these cuties!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 6:39 PM
I just saw the news on the French website. I may give TS4 a try in the next months.
Theorist
#3 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 6:45 PM
They are cute and that is a very nice additive, especially since they are giving as a free update and not chargin for it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 6:49 PM
Well, better late than never-after Rachel Franklin left. That was the reason they didn't get put in the first place. She didn't like the idea. Thankfully others did.
Just checked the official forums, too..they're beyond ecstatic. They'd given up on not only toddlers, but vampires, which were also added earlier. Perhaps there's hope for that game now..at least it's a little like the one we play.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#5 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 7:09 PM
They are cute (in a Pixar character sort of way), but until some company other than EA distributes a Sims game or Sims type of game, I'll take a pass.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 7:29 PM
I was just playing a toddler (Beau Broke) who has learned to walk and talk, and is about to learn how to use the potty, but, with my aging-off playstyle, he's not about to become a child or start school. It would be nice if toddlers, once they've learned the toddler skills, could behave a bit more like pre-school children, and interact more with other toddlers and older children. I wonder if they'll do that in TS4.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 7:56 PM
They're sort of cute, but personally I'm a bit unnerved by them. Can't quite figure out why.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:04 PM
Just saw that - I will have a look later in the week, if I feel like it (will first have to run the update and I am quite busy with the bin Sims at the moment)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:06 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 12th Jan 2017 at 10:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
They're sort of cute, but personally I'm a bit unnerved by them. Can't quite figure out why.

They look pretty big for toddlers imo but better than nothing!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:20 PM
Huh, they're adorable. Especially that little guy in the yellow onesie. Guess I'll be reinstalling Sims 4...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#11 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:24 PM
They look more like kindergarteners than toddlers, but they're still pretty cute.

Then again I don't remember the last time I saw a real child around that age, considering nobody's really had any babies in my family recently. What do babies even look like anymore...???

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:36 PM
I am updating, actually, it is like 3GB. Sigh, going to have a number of coffees before this is done.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:53 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 12th Jan 2017 at 9:15 PM.
I'm watching this lets play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klj3dhNok1w

See at 8.20, does the sims 4 camera move like that a lot? Also why are those adults at the start doing nothing? is that also normal for this game. Still don't know it's worth the $27 they have the base game for sale for. Down from $80 mind you -haha as if.

12.50 what the heck is that? There is toss around play and then there is shaken baby syndrome, and what's with the sparkles?
Food menu at 14.56 looks good

The way everyone moves in sims 4 still annoys me. None of it looks natural. But this could be a casual side game now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:14 PM
I have Sims 4, but stopped playing due to no toddlers and people having inappropriate 'feelings' for kids. Might be willing to give it a try this weekend if those things are fixed. Especially as toddler are free and not an extra $40.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:38 PM
I'd take some of their stuff as CC for Sims2 and be good, tbh.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:43 PM
Yeah, I read the news on facebook first. Have to say, I'm pretty impressed! :O This was one of the major reasons why TS4 isn't so appealing to me. I'm saying 'isn't' because I'm still not a fan of how neighborhoods operate. Sims 2 neighborhood terrains are way more flexible and vibrant, as opposed to the 2d screen that you often get when playing TS4 from what I've seen in videos... :/
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:25 PM
My Sims 4 families have long envied my Sims 2 families as an infant in arms suddenly morphing into a school age child is really quite a shock! Naturally while most players are beyond happy (Sims players tend to be a bit emotional about the game) others are feeling depressed because this big (FREE!!) update promises to ruin their game by interfering with mods. I am happy as my Sims4 families will now feel more complete :-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:31 PM
Do the babies now grow into toddlers or are toddlers only available in CAS?

I see a lot of people saying it's broken just about every mod they have.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#19 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Simonut : 14th Jan 2017 at 2:45 AM. Reason: mis-spell
No and No and No ! Why is EA so backward, in my opinion this should have been done in the beginning not after the fact.
Also if the Toddlers will look like the picture shown in the link above, some of the toddlers look like they are already in their "child" stage of life, I will pass the ball on this.

Also another opinion it is so clear that EA is trying to transform Sims 4 into a look- a like Sims 2, sorry it just not there, I do like the toddlers throwing there food around or pushing it to the floor.
All in all Sims 2 is still at the top of the game everything we love is there, ok maybe not open world or the animals like horses, but that ok with me.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-adds-toddlers

I think I still prefer Sims 2 toddlers, but look at these cuties!

Srls? Haven't been up-to-date with sims news for a few years, and now this?!! Welp, to be honest, this was an unexpected O_o Though, I'm myself not interest in them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:04 PM
I wouldn't mind it as a side game, when it comes cheap again. Like the way Castaway and Pet stories were.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#22 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:08 PM
I'm spite of this, I am not returning to TS4 due to an immense lack of depth. I can't count the number of nights I fell asleep watching a loading screen... The most fun I ever had playing a sims game was with Sims 2. So balanced... and the sims are so complex and intelligent.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:12 PM
I seriously doubt if Sims 4 will ever replace Sims 2 in my life. It is exactly that, Jo, for me, a side game
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Jan 2017 at 12:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I was just playing a toddler (Beau Broke) who has learned to walk and talk, and is about to learn how to use the potty, but, with my aging-off playstyle, he's not about to become a child or start school. It would be nice if toddlers, once they've learned the toddler skills, could behave a bit more like pre-school children, and interact more with other toddlers and older children. I wonder if they'll do that in TS4.

I haven't tested the game - but from youtube videos it looks like they can interact a lot more with kids, plus with each other, and have some new play interactions with adults. They can also sit in couches, and have conversations together. Plus, the toddlers seem to have a lot more food options. Bathtime also looks a bit more fun. They also sleep in toddler beds (under blankets, like older sims), instead of cribs.

They sort of seem a little older than TS2 toddlers, though. More like around 3 years instead of 1-2,5 years. I'm still not sure if they start out crawling.

But I'm glad it's a patch and not a game/stuff pack, because there's really not enough content to fill one, and I think players would have been pissed off if they had to pay for something that should have been included with the basegame. However, as a patch there's actually a lot more furniture than I expected, and it's nice with some choice, even with the EAxis-staff's usual complete lack of knowledge in furniture design and what goes together. Maybe they're planning to build upon it in a future pack, though. I haven't looked too close on the clothes and hairs, but from what I've seen it's not too shabby.

But come on, EAxis! You've had two years to plan this (probably even more), and should be able to do a little better than this! At least give us one complete set that matches, for once. There's a decal bed and highchair that matches, but no potty for the set. There's a leather-ish potty and highchair that matches, but no bed (unless it's the car bed). And there's a wooden bed and highchair that aren't in the same style, plus a couple of potties that don't match with anything (but they are sort of cute). Other than this, the only thing that makes the furniture goes together is the "childish" theme and the mostly mismatched colors. Not everyone wants to go full kindergarten-theme on their kids' rooms.
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:23 PM
They sure are cute but that doesn't change the game too much.
Page 1 of 5