Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 10:05 AM
LOL meggie - it's up to you if you want to follow through with it, I mean do you see them being able to get anyone else in town? Cause if not, seems best to just let them be together haha.

I agree with the jumpsuit comment, I hated it so much that I changed it right away.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 10:50 AM
ooo i am loving this challenge and its given me a chance to play the hoods i never play. I decided on Strangetown.
So far everyone, but Ophelia and Olive have had make overs. And have paired everyone up LOL some with crazy surprises.

Ophelia and Johnny are going to stay together.
Chloe Singles is in love with Nervous Subject.
Erin Singles is Engaged (and now pregnant) to Ajay Loner.
Lazlo Curious stayed with his crush (now love) Crystal Vu (she is living in the Curious house).
Kristen Singles (and single mum) is going to be paired with Pascal Curious.
Vidcund Curious is currently single but will be paired up with Kristen's offspring when they are old enough LOL.
Lola Single and General Buzz are in love...well he has a strange fascination with the aliens LOL and what a better way to get revenge, fall in love with your enemies daughter LOL.

The Beakers (Loki and Circe) are still together and expecting.
Nervous is back with his mum, Olive. Since she is old and expected to die soon, Ophelia didn't want to be alone with all those headstones in the back yard.
The Grunt boys are still single and will be paired with someones offspring, eventually.

my stories:
Something Lost
Scholar
#28 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 11:20 AM
Yeah, I just don't know if I really WANT to follow through with it, lol!
Maybe they can get married and adopt a kiddy. That sounds kinda sweet. And if Andrew never ends up with anyone and the oldies die, he and Jacob can take care of the kid...and Sandra, when she moves in eventually :P
Forum Resident
#29 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 2:27 PM
It is interesting to see how different everyone's storylines are. Some combinations are so different and others so close to the way I play. I like the variety.

I didn't care for the jumpsuit either, but I still find Cassandra's pigtails and black dress more atrocious. Take off her glasses; then change her hair style, outfit, and make-up; and you are looking at Bella. Cassandra's dumping Don and picking up with Darren changes the dynamics in a good way as well. Nina and Don have two bolts for each other, and at least Cassandra has two bolts for Darren. (I don't remember if he has just one or two bolts.) Interestingly, Don is turned on by black hair and Darren is turned off by glasses, so Cassandra ditched the glasses and may decide to dye her hair. Nina is a great red head, but she might go brunette to turn on Don more.

I love the updates.
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 7:45 PM
Sounds like fun !
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
It is interesting to see how different everyone's storylines are. Some combinations are so different and others so close to the way I play. I like the variety.

I didn't care for the jumpsuit either, but I still find Cassandra's pigtails and black dress more atrocious. Take off her glasses; then change her hair style, outfit, and make-up; and you are looking at Bella. Cassandra's dumping Don and picking up with Darren changes the dynamics in a good way as well. Nina and Don have two bolts for each other, and at least Cassandra has two bolts for Darren. (I don't remember if he has just one or two bolts.) Interestingly, Don is turned on by black hair and Darren is turned off by glasses, so Cassandra ditched the glasses and may decide to dye her hair. Nina is a great red head, but she might go brunette to turn on Don more.

I love the updates.

This challenge sounds like lots of fun and I've always loved the ever so dramatic Pleasantview so I think I'm going to give it a try :D
Forum Resident
#31 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 9:01 PM
Default PleasantView

Now Darren Dreamer, who has never met Brandi Broke, is dreaming about her with the pink and red hearts of attraction. Does he only lust after the unobtainable? Who knows. I will try to help them meet and see how they really feel about each other.

Dina has married Mortimer and is living in his family mansion, so Nina has their original house to herself with the exception of Michael Bachelor's ghost. The ghost startled Nina as she was talking on the phone, but other than a thought of it now and then, she isn't any more bothered by it than Don was of his breakup with Cassandra.

Brandi hasn't met a new love yet. I am curious how she'll feel about Darren, so she concentrates on the boys and work right now. Dustin has made it to the top of his career field in medicine and is a great help with his younger brothers.

The Pleasants have all made friends with each other and improved their relationships with the Burbs as well. Daniel turned into an elder and I'm not sure if Mary Sue will drink the elixor of life to give her more time to make it to the top of her athletic career or if she will age to an elder first. Daniel is now encouraging the twins to be neater and Mary Sue could encourage them to be more outgoing. The twins are both at the top of their military career fields now.

Dirk is pursuing his business career. He too has made it to the top. He'll work on those skills that he'll need later in his job. His dad longs to see a ghost, but as yet hasn't seen his dearly departed wife's ghost floating around the property.

The Oldies have worked hard in their athletic jobs. It keeps them in shape. They spend most of their time woohooing or on the phone with the neighbors and relatives. It's nice to only work a few hours a day. Maybe some day they'll be able to afford a garden. They are living in a trailer across the street from the Brokes.

The Burbs moved into a two-story home with two bedrooms and two baths. They renovated it to add an extra bedroom upstairs and they added a wall downstairs to divide the kitchen from the living room. Jennifer is expecting and never had to work a day to draw maternity leave. John has no desire for a job, so he is just studying cooking for the most part. Lucy met Alexander and they made friends right away. John and Jennifer are hoping that there will be a romance between them some day as the Goths have a lot of money so Lucy wouldn't have to work so hard.

Don and Nina see a lot of each other but aren't looking to hook up. They both like their freedom while liking each other. Nina is still a redhead, though she is tempted to dye her hair for a change.

I haven't played the Goths much. Cassandra is still encouraging her little brother to be neater. It takes a long time with her working the night shift and him in school during the day.

I think that's everyone and everything for know. I should add a few pics, but I play on my lap top when the DSL usually isn't turned on in morning. I'll make a point to try and get a few interesting pics for you.
Scholar
#32 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 6:15 AM
Thanks for the pics Ciane
I moved in the Ramaswamis and started playing them, which was pretty cool. However Priya got demoted, which was sad, (but it means less making friends!) I bought heaps of good stuff for them and a puppy, and then got Priya pregnant, and realised that I had hardly any money for baby stuff! Rrrrr stupid meggie! So they might have to sell their 4-poster bed and flat-screen TV and replace them with something cheaper, so there is more money for bubby.

Oh and Priya threw up 4 times before she even realised she was pregnant! Is this normal? I'm wondering if it's twins, because mine normally just spew once or twice for a couple of mornings. If it is twins, then god help the Ramaswamis.

Sanjay is focusing on his career right now, and I need to get him promoted quick so he can earn more money for the family.
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 1:19 AM
Lovely pics Ciane, you seem to be doing great in this challenge! Tsk and I thought Darren would be pining over Cassandra! Pssht.

LOL meggie272 -- I hate it when a family is completely broke and then there's a sudden threat of the woman having twins!!! Ahh, I've hated that more than anything.

Let us know how your challenge goes swtipie412! And leos_pride too! Good luck to you both!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For what seems like a 100th time, Riverblossom hills caused me to reboot the neighborhood because of a glitch - and I had forgotten to make a back up file of the neighborhood. So...I've had to restart my challenge..yet again.

Blah.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I've decided to no longer give Riverblossom Hills a chance with this challenge, it's not working out the way I want it to.

I have started to play Desiderata Valley and here are my updates with that:

For each family I went around giving all the females a make over. There are a lot of pretty women in Desiderata Valley!

I also decided to move in Mr. (Julian?) Cooke into the neighborhood because I think his story fits well into the Desiderata neighborhood -- and because I needed to balance out the number of available adults in the neighborhood.

So far I've played Mr. Cooke (to get him introduced to people) and Natasha Una.
Scholar
#34 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 8:58 AM
Hmmm...
I'm a bit sick of Riverblossom Hills but I don't want to just abandon them like that...I was thinking of attempting Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville as well, to keep my interest going, but that might take a bloody long time.
Also, I'll still be commenting updates in seven years time when everyone is on the Sims 6 forums, and no one will be reading it
Meh, I'll decide some other time.
But as far as RBH goes, Leod McGreggor and Alexandra O' Mackey FINALLY got engaged, which is cool......they both need new clothes desperately, so sick of the kilt and pirate outfit!!!!! Played the Roths for a bit but got bored of them sooo quick. I realy don't like that family, it's a feeble imitation of the Goths. Plus Xander is just weird looking. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just leave it to Sandra and the Viejo teen to keep the Roth family going, and let Xander grow old and die :P
Forum Resident
#35 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 8:47 PM
Meggie - I also like to take time out and rotate through all the hoods. Some families I like to play more than others as well. Since the challenge goes until the originals all die of natural(?) causes, it is still okay to fast forward through some individuals' lives while playing the ones that interest you in a more focused manner. The main thing is always to have fun.
Scholar
#36 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 11:27 PM
Oh, I just remembered a question...
In the Viejo family they already have 3 generations of people, but the oldies aren't really related to anyone else in the household, so would I play until Martin (or is it Jacob - the Viejo teen anyway)'s children have died or until Martin himself dies?
Scholar
#37 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 10:37 AM
UPDATE!
I played Leod McGreggor and Alexandra O'Mackey for hours. They were engaged but then unexpectedly Alexandra fell pregnant (OK, OK, so I clicked "try for baby") and they decided to have a quick ceremony in their pyjamas instead of having a party with Alexandra's needs constantly plummeting. There were a couple of really bad days because Alexandra had food poisoning AND morning sickness at the same time so the toilets were constantly foul, and the shower broke and was leaking all over the place, and Alexandra kept getting desperately tired and desperately hungry (I put her to bed when she was hungry but exhausted and she almost died when she got up :P)

But then Leod finally came round and got a repairman and a maid, and Alexandra also convinved him to buy an exercise machine and pinball machine and stereo. So life was good again, their fun was kept up easier, and then Alexandra had a little baby called Bonnie McGreggor! She's still a newborn but I think she'll look like her daddy. Alexandra is a great redhead but she dyed her hair dark brown because that was one of Leod's turn-ons. She looks a bit (just a bit) like a pale Cassandra Goth with her hair down and brunette.

Leod got a bit chubby so I got him to work out until he became uber fit, since Alexandra likes muscly guys They're very happy and I think they'll be my favourite RBH family.I also played the Wan and O'Mackey families briefly, Patricia moved in with Gabe and they're engaged, Cleo is living on her own, poor lady, but I'm getting her to focus on her career and then fall in love with Andrew Martin from the Viejo household later on.

My system with babies is I get each couple to have one baby straight off (if they're financially ready for it and don't fear it or anything) so they have someone to continue their family, but apart from that I don't, unless the want rolls in. I find it hard with no money cheats, because a lot of people in RBH are quite poor, and I like to have at least 2000 simoleans in the bank account

Sorry, that was a real long rant. I just felt like sharing :P

EDIT: Priya finally had her baby! Actually, babies, she had twins.

*eugh*

A baby boy and a baby girl, I called them Jesminda and Abou, and they're very cute and identical at this stage. I sold off heaps of their expensive possessions, and managed to build a cute little nursery for them, and buy toddler stuff ahead of time. Sanjay has decided to quit his job so he can spend more time taking care of Jessi and Ab, and Priya is going to get stuck into her career like nobody's business.

Oh, and I gave up their dog, which was sad, but oh well, would have been too hard, there wasn't room in their tiny cottage for four people, two of them newborns, and a dog. Their lemon tree and tomato plant are both dying hopelessly and their are constantly stinky bottles lying all over the floor. But things might be getting back on track now. Good luck Sanjay and Priya...
Scholar
#38 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 9:33 AM
Hiya everyone...

Well, if you want to see how my simmies are going I am writing a story pretty much based on what's happening in my game (except with storyline twists, so it's not too dull) called Riverblossom Hills. Hope you enjoy it.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 1:34 PM
Oh yeah! I was going to ask for some pics. Now I can read the story.

Nothing esciting has happened in my game for a while. I haven't gotten Darren and Brandi together to see if they have sparks or not. Cassie is in limbo waiting. She did encourage Alex to be neater though, so the next generation of Goths don't have to be slobs.

I think it's great that Priya had twins! I think I would have gotten the dog a job and enjoyed the extra income. Oh well. With twins there isn't much extra time so quitting one job was probably a smart move.

I think It also sounds like life is very good for the MeGregor family as well. They just need to take good care of their crop.Farming isn't so easy for sims any more than it is in real life, huh?
Scholar
#40 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 11:26 PM
You can read the story, lol, but I just wanted to tell everyone there's a baby boom in RBH.

Patrica and Gabe:
Twins, a boy and a girl, Patrick and Gabriella

Sanjay and Priya:
Twins, a boy and a girl, Abou and Jesminda (now toddlers)

Leod and Alexandra:
A girl, Bonnie

Rose and Jason:
pregnant

Cleo and Andrew Martin:
pregnant

He he
Forum Resident
#41 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 11:58 PM
The next generation will soon be here, huh? Enjoy!
Scholar
#42 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 5:19 AM
Yer. Pity that Patrick has so far turned out a bit ugly. Maybe he'll look cuter once he becomes a kid...
Scholar
#43 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 9:50 AM
Hold on - I've just got a question.

I just reread the rules, and I realised that you only have to get up to the second generation in some cases.

So, for instance, if I'm playing Cleo Shikibu and Andrew Martin, will they be done when they've passed away and their children are adults, or will they be done when they've pased away and their grandchildren are adults?
#44 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 4:36 PM
Well, I have begun the challenge and I'm playing Pleasantview. I started at the Goth house and had Don and Cassandra casually romance. Fortunately, the bells rang because I wanted those genes to be passed down. Next, it was not enough for Don to go through with the wedding so he broke up with her. Cassandra moved out of the Goth house and is going to live on her own for awhile and work on her career. I might have her and Darren hook up.

Mortimer and Dina got hitched under the same altar right after, she then in turn decorated the whole house and updated it with electricity. She's now pregnant with Mortimer's final child.

Cassandra and Dina are the only ones who have been made-over. Mostly because I like the way Mortimer and Alexander look, very old fashioned.

That's about all I've done as of yet, though.
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 3:54 AM
I did something similar to this challenge a while back (though not following the rules) with Pleasantview. I put my own family in and they interacted with the storyline quite a bit. I didn't do too much with the Goths- I didn't really want Mortimer to end up with Dina, so I invited her over occasionally for the romantic company and that's about it. Cassandra caught Don cheating on her with Nina, so she dumped him and then went to see Darren and fell in love with him immediately. They got engaged and she moved in soon after. Nina moved in with Don, so if I ever go back to playing Pleasantview it'll be interesting to see what they think of each other's affairs. My family was lovely- It started out as two households, a man and a woman whom I intended to have meet and fall for one another (I don't like to have my couples start out married, the process of wooing is too fun). Darren introduced them, and they hit it off right away. After a couple nights of romance, I had them move in together and get engaged. They had a daughter (Holly), who grew up very nicely- she had a brief affair with Dirk Dreamer when she was a teenager but forgot about him completely once she grew up. She moved downtown, married a townie, and had a daughter (Violet) with him. They had a second child, but as soon as he was born I realized their house was too small to hold another kid so I moved them back to Pleasantview, right across from Holly's mother's house. Meanwhile, my original couple has grown into elders and adopted a young man named Alon. The Pleasant family was probably my favorite to play. I had Daniel and Mary Sue repair their marriage by changing Daniel's aspiration to family, and I spent a lot of time getting Angela and Lilith to a point where they weren't enemies anymore. I had originally intended for Angela to stay with Dustin and encourage him to become a better person for his family, but they just weren't getting along for some reason. Meanwhile, Lilith had begun to experiment a little and fell for Violet (the granddaughter of my couple). Dirk caught them together and Lilith broke up with him to be with Violet, and Dirk started to become closer with Angela, who was upset with Dustin for being unkind to her earlier. They hit it off, and eventually Angela broke up with Dustin to be with Dirk. At this point in time, all the teenagers of the neighborhood were nearing the end of their teenage years, so I sent them to college. When Angela and Lilith were still in the students bin, I killed Daniel and Mary Sue (I honestly had no use for them anymore as their marriage was fixed). Angela and Lilith were orphans when they entered college, so they realized that all they had was each other and that they needed to put aside whatever had pushed them apart in the past. They slowly but surely became best friends. I had the teenagers in separate dorms for their freshman years, but starting at the beginning of their sophomore years I moved them all into a house consisting of Dirk, Angela, Violet, and Lilith. By this time Dirk had gotten over Lilith's betrayal and all four of them eventually became best friends. I got both couples engaged during their graduation party. Once they got back to Pleasantville, I had them living together (Violet with Lilith and Dirk with Angela). For some reason Dirk hasn't gotten along so well with his father since he moved out, and they don't see each other much. Dirk gradually became a Hall of Famer, and Angela a Celebrity Chef. They also adopted a kitten and plan on having a child soon. I was originally going to have them move into the Pleasants' old house, but it was too expensive for them at the time being and I became attached to their new house in time... maybe their children will live there someday and be haunted by their grandparents' ghosts? Meanwhile, I got Lilith and Violet to the top of the careers they wanted (police for Lilith and science for Violet). They also adopted a dog and might adopt a kid soon. The four of them are still close and visit one another often. The Broke family I never really did anything with... I started, but once I discovered that Brandi was pregnant I decided that this was a challenge I DID NOT want to take on at the moment and went on to another family. Maybe someday...
Forum Resident
#46 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 5:20 PM
Great reading Ella!
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 9:42 PM
Thanks!

I didn't even notice how long that post was until I finished, lol. I'll probably attempt the neighborhood challenge with a different neighborhood in the future (Maybe on one of the universities?), but the prosperity challenge is keeping me busy at the moment.
Scholar
#48 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 11:49 PM
If you've read my story you'll know I'm staying at my sister's for a bit, but I've been coming home every day for a couple of hours, and I've been cramming in a bit of simming time.

NOTE: Don't read this if you don't want to find out what happens in my story!

Jules & Jacob ended up back together, and in the same dorm in La Fiesta Tech. Sandra moved into a different dorm. She and Jacob had a short romance (keeping it very secret from Jules of course - Jules is so gorgeous with her hair down that I HAD to keep the genetics :P) But then she met Frances J. Worthington III, and they fell in love, and she moved into his big ugly mansion. They're currently engaged, but the annoying this is that Sandra's a sophomore and Frances J. has only just started college, aaaah.

I hope it's OK for Sandra to marry Frances, I thought he was sort of like a neighbourhood character, even if he's not specifically in Riverblossom Hills.

Morty got pregnant with an alien baby, who was born a girl and I called her Mercury.

Rose Greenman has had her baby twice, but both times I SAVED the game and for some reason she's still pregnant whenever I play it. Also, Daisy Greenman grew up, and I turned her back into a human. She's got pixie ears. I made her Fortune coz I didn't particularly like her, and I thought that Fortunes are easy to die happy, coz you just get them to the top of a career. The baby's been a boy once and a girl once, and is named River both times.

nothing much with the rest of RBH. Um...Gabe and Patricia's twins matured to toddlers, and they are frightfully ugly, but you never know, maybe once they become teens...

The Ramaswamis are still struggling with money, their net worth is $16, 475. I just need to get Priya promoted, but for some reason I'm having real trouble getting her the 2 friends she needs for a promotion. Don't you hate making friends for promotions? It sucks.

Happy simming, guys!
Forum Resident
#49 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 12:00 AM
I don't mind the friend-making so much as long as it's to playable sims. All the NPCs just always seemed a waste of time. Now they can get you promoted or discounted, so I try to greet them all. Also, now that I can grow them up, it doesn't seem so worthless. It was the NPC kids hanging out after the playable sims grew up that I really didn't care much for. Of course, I am playing this on my laptop without any EPs, so I still find the NPCs pretty useless.

In my Pleasantview neighborhood I have played everyone through the first week now I think. Dina has just discovered she is pregnant and though she and Alexander were friends, he got extremely upset over that.

Alexander is now a teen as is Lucy Burb. They shared their first kiss. It's two bolts for both of them. They are both playful and neat (thanks to a lot of encouragement from Cassandra) so they both became family sims. They won't like the ghosts, so they'll have to move into their own place some day and leave the mansion to Dina and her child.

Lucy now has a baby brother named Lucas. John got a job in athletics to bring in some extra money. They were down to 25 simoleans in their account after paying the bills on Friday. Lucy got a job as a dishwasher to help out.

The Brokes are doing very well. Young Brandon has learned all his toddler skills and just works on other skills now. Poor Brandi has yet to meet a man of her dreams.

Darren still dreams of Brandi with hearts, but has yet to meet her. Nina and Don tried to invite the two over, but Darren was working late and not available.

I haven't played the Pleasants or the Oldies lately. I had to catch everyone up to the same time schedule.
Scholar
#50 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 5:50 AM
GREENMANS:
Daisy's moved out, but I haven't played her yet. Maybe I could focus on getting Xander Roth up to an adult, then get them together, but she's Fortune and wants to reach the top of the Athletic career, so she doesn't really need a husband. Rose, Jason and River are living happily together, and Jason's got promoted a couple of times.

MCGREGGOR:
Alexandra's got a job in Law Enforcement (it seems ALL my sims want to be Captain Hero! I can't remember the last sim I got into something like Culinary or Slacker) and Leod is sticking at home with his toddler Bonnie, taking care of the orchard. Bonnie's a sweet little toddler, and has almost maxed Creativity skill. She'll definitely sell them a few masterpieces when she gets older. Unfortunately, her personality is max outgoing, playful and active, with one nice and a couple of neat.

RAMASWAMI:
The twins are now children, and Jesminda is turning out pretty. Priya got promoted, and Sanjay found a treasure chest so I was able to extend the little house and give each kid a room of their own rather than sharing one. Also, selling off all the toddler stuff helped. Sanjay's got a job in Music again but he may have to quit as his hours conflict with Priya's which means the kids will be home alone a lot.

O'MACKEY:
Jules and Jacob are woohooing their way through college, both doing excellently. She is oblivious to the fact that Jaob and Sandra still have feelings for each other, but I'm not furthering that relationship, so it'll be OK. Patricia and Gabe are both working and hiring a nanny to take care of their toddler twins, who are not the prettiest babies in the world, especially the boy, Patrick. Meh, maybe I'll be able to give them a makeover later on.

MARTIN:
Cleo Shikibu and Andrew Martin are now married and have an infant boy, who they called - I can't actually remember now! Silly meggie. I hope he turns out OK - the combination of Andrew's square-ish features and Cleo's Chinese features might be a bit strange. But oh well. Andrew and Cleo went on a brief honeymoon in Takemizu Village, but returned early because Cleo was so heavily pregnant. They're both rising through the Criminal career track, which they both want to reach the top of.

ROTH:
Sandra is in college and engaged to Frances J. Worthington III, but she still lusts after Jacob. She has a major fear of falling out of love with Jacob, but it's going to happen, so I try and keep her platinum as much as possible. Mercury's still a bub, and Sandra and Morty are getting promoted. Xander has got a couple of days before turning teen.

Will try and post pics sometime :P

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Page 2 of 19