Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Call me dense, but I don't understand how to manually fulfill wants with shift/ctrl-click. Click on what? The want? I don't have an adopt a child want, but I did try it with other wants (make a friend, buy a bookcase, etc) and nothing happened. Can you give me details on how this is done?

For those of you with orphanages, do you disable the social worker? Or do you allow her to take away some of the children why others are given up?

If you have testing cheats enabled, you can either shift- or ctrl-click on a want or a fear to fulfill it. I have the social worker disabled, but have my orphanage worker serve as Oakbrook's - so if something's going badly she might be called in to intervene. This'll be happening pretty soon, because Edward Contrary rolled several wants that implied that he wants his son dead. (He wants to drink Rick with the cowplant and see his ghost.) Considering that Rick is also on probation for assaulting Castor Nova (who'd gotten into an affair with his mother) the entire family's in dire need of intervention.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 10:11 AM
When starting up a new 'hood, I usually create a few adoptees along with the townies which I then add to the adoption pool with the Sim Manipulator. That's more out of my love of creating Child Sims than for my dislike of Maxis-generated adoptees -- I like those, but creating a Sim is such a lengthy process for me that I often end up with lovely-looking kids that I don't have the energy to create a family for. Those go into the adoption pool and end up in the loving homes of my same-sex couples and those who have problems conceiving.

It's also getting more and more common in my game for a family's biological children to have adopted siblings. When Riverblossom Hills had an influx of refugees fleeing the draught, Winnie and Edsel Hedgeh were elated to welcome Eden into their family to love alongside their biological son Enoch.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 4:07 AM
I don't like adopting through the phone so I use this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=521770
Scholar
#29 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 12:39 PM
It depends on which 'hood I'm playing. My medieval 'hood would have adoption as an unofficial event, typically through family if a child was left orphaned. Any unwanted babies are sent to the nunnery where they're taken care of there.

In Cresdale and other rules-heavy 'hoods I do have an adoption system. If a sim can't have a biological child (or if their only option is to hope an alien abducts them) then they can look to the adoption centre. Quoting from my own rules:

The new family member is put into the game's adoption system and the new parents place a call to adopt. Once in the new family, I add all the prior family ties to make sure there's no accidental close relation romances.

In Cresdale I've only had two adoptions so far - one to a same-sex couple, and one to a hetero couple where the wife/mother became infertile after having twins, but kept on rolling for another child.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyPurpleB
I don't like adopting through the phone so I use this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=521770

No. No. No! LOL
I cannot see my Sims giving up their babies to a stinky ogre. And I'm sure they'd have to be terribly desperate to adopt from the hairy green guy.

Katya, I like how you have rules to decide what age group to adopt. All these talks about orphanages makes me want to build one -- eventually. Right now, my Simmies are newly shipwrecked on a deserted island.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 1:42 AM
I made some toddlers to be adopted a long time ago when I first started my hood (but have taken long breaks) and forgot how many I made until recently I used the modder to spawn the spawner and was looking through it for other reasons only to find the sims I made in the adoption pool. I made 7. I have plans for specific Sims to also adopt I just have to figure out 7 of them now. I love Sim genetics and in my game even f/f and m/m couples can have biological babies so i don't tend to adopt much but I do want to include it. Certain Sims would like to adopt for one reason or another.

I made those particular toddlers to help introduce some CC skins to my hood and I plan on doing more once those ones are adopted. I don't have an issue with adopting maxis sims I just have a bunch of cc fantasy skins that I really want to start using

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 1:53 AM
No. No. No! LOL
I cannot see my Sims giving up their babies to a stinky ogre. And I'm sure they'd have to be terribly desperate to adopt from the hairy green guy.

Katya, I like how you have rules to decide what age group to adopt. All these talks about orphanages makes me want to build one -- eventually. Right now, my Simmies are newly shipwrecked on a deserted island.

Ah yes but it's fun in a medieval hood. I have him installed in mine, just need to use him!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#33 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 9:44 AM
There was a lot of adoption in Strangetown, mostly courtesy of the Curious and Midlock families. The former was due to Vidcund and Lola having Family as their secondary aspirations, so they both wanted 10 kids but were too old to have them biologically.
Meanwhile, Emily Midlock was a former child downtownie, so I kinda headcanoned her as having been a homeless orphan. So now that she's older and has a home of her own, she wants to give other orphaned children the sort of life she didn't have when she was their age.
On the other end of the moral compass, the Macarevich household adopted some kids just for cheap labour. Plus, Artemis and Carla are gay, so they obviously can't have biological children together.
All adoptees are generated from the Maxis pool. I've yet to have a sim lose a child to the social worker, intentionally or otherwise.
Scholar
#34 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Ah yes but it's fun in a medieval hood. I have him installed in mine, just need to use him!

I had an ogre in a regency hood once. It was a blast and he ended up having a farting contest with Lord Honiford.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Scholar
#35 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 11:47 AM

It can be fun and interesting, and gives a little bit of randomness to things. I also have rolls to see if pregnant sims will decide to abort, adopt, or keep, which means I can also have situations where sim T puts their baby up for adoption, to be adopted by sim couple F and K
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 1:27 AM
I have "no social workers", but I CAN "put up for adoption" - but sometimes they don't show up to be adopted! Maybe because I also have a hack that allows you to pick sex,age, and Maxis skin tone. And in some hoods, Romance and slob Sims have LOTS of babies, which they never wanted; poor slob sims even SELL their babies.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#37 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 1:30 AM
Yeah, I think any hack that changes the adoption kinda messes up the pool. In Springwater I had a hack that let Sims adopt teenagers, and when one of my Sims put a kid up for adoption, the social worker brought a newly generated kid when another family tried to adopt him.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 2 of 2