Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:34 PM
What about Christmas!
Ok, so I was confused to which Christmas pack i should get for Sims 2. I have a bunch of EP's which dont really effect that. I was wondering what the difference between festive holiday stuff, happy holiday stuff, and Christmas party pack was. Since I already have the base game, which should I get?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twilight13girly
Ok, so I was confused to which Christmas pack i should get for Sims 2. I have a bunch of EP's which dont really effect that. I was wondering what the difference between festive holiday stuff, happy holiday stuff, and Christmas party pack was. Since I already have the base game, which should I get?

To my knowledge, Christmas Party Pack included the base game
I have Happy Holiday Stuff, and it works fine aside from the clothes not downloading properly and then being unable to uninstall it.
And I've never heard of Festive Holiday Stuff
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 1:02 AM
I am curious about this as well. Ive wanted one of the holiday packs for a long time but I was always confused on which to get.

Don't be a drag, just be a Queen!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 1:05 AM Last edited by Bwinney43 : 8th Oct 2011 at 1:10 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Happy Holiday Stuff I believe was the one released in the States.

Festive Holiday was the one released for UK/Euro

And yes the Christmas pack had the base game. That's the game I have. Sims 2: Happy Holiday Edition.

Either one will work with your game. Doesn't matter if you have American versions or not. I have a UK copy of M&G stuff and it works just fine. I think there are only a few differences in the items you get in the two stuff packs but not enough to cause a fuss about IMO.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 10:52 AM
mmmmm no - not in the UK at least.

As I remember it, they are all different variants of the same thing with bits adapted depending on how much later they were released.

I bought the original game in September 2004 - the Christmas Party Pack was NOT part of that. It was, in fact, released the next year at Christmas (December 2005) and was, in effect, the first stuff pack.

The following year, another version of this stuff pack was made available (for those people who hadn't bought it the year before) but with extra new stuff added (Dec 2006) - the extra stuff was supposed to be European Christmas themed. This was known as Happy Holiday Stuff (according to the Wiki). For those people, like me, who had bought the original, you could get an electronic download only of the extra stuff for a limited time. This was called the Holiday Mini Pack and is no longer available.

After that, I think only the second version was available (2006) to buy. It was combined, at some point, with the base game and released as an enhanced pack - Snooty Sims used to archive information of this type but they seem to have taken all their Sims 2 information offline. Anyway, I think this version of the base game was one of those combination packs (that sometimes cause issues) and was called something like Christmas or Holiday Edition.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:45 PM
It was originally released as a digital download called 'Holiday Party Pack'.

Later, they released it again as a stuff pack, which contained some extra items. They also released it as the combo with the basegame and stuff pack, as Maxon says.

Because those who had already purchased the 'Holiday Party Pack' would be buying the same thing twice if they bought the stuff pack, EA also released a small digital download called 'Happy Holiday Mini Pack' which contained the extra items that were in 'Happy Holiday Stuff' but not in the 'Holiday Party Pack'.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It was originally released as a digital download called 'Holiday Party Pack'.

Did you guys only get it as a digital download? I have it on disk.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 8:03 PM
Happy Holiday Stuff Pack - This is the one with new interactions (thanksgiving turkey, santa cookies, Santa NPC), not just stuff to look at.
Festive Holiday Stuff Pack - This just has objects and decor. I think it also may not have the clothing, and is by far the rarest SP. (Oh, and I just checked the photo, and it has a 12+ Europe rating, instead of the T for Teen US rating for Happy Holiday)
Christmas Party Pack - This is the base game + Festive Holiday for Europe
Sims 2 Holiday Edition - base game + Happy Holiday for US

Hope this helps!
~123blissb

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Did you guys only get it as a digital download? I have it on disk.

'Us Guys?' I'm in the UK, the same as you.

I didn't realise it was available on disk too, did you get the Mini pack on disc as well?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
'Us Guys?' I'm in the UK, the same as you.

I didn't realise it was available on disk too, did you get the Mini pack on disc as well?

Oh sorry - didn't realise (where? - Manchester, in case you're interested). No, mini pack was a download. I generally try to avoid those and, Lo, when I reinstalled the game after the advent of Win7, indeed, I was unable to find my electronic purchase. EA were, needless to say, useless.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 9:33 PM
D'oh, that's a shame! I don't even remember the Party Pack being released on disc, I'm sure I would have tried to get that had I known. I thought the mini pack was really good value though, as it cost about two quid and contained a lot of really nice clothing. You'd have to pay about £20 for the Sims 3 equivalent nowdays!

I'm in Gloucester by the way, a bit more southernly than you!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 12:11 AM
Thats one of my favorite expansions. I want to get bon voyage though..