Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 11:43 PM
Default Does anyone else play Sims 2 on the phone?
So my friend Natalia and I have been friends since high school, she lives in New York and love TS2 as much as I do, Our favorite way to bond is to play Sims 2 on the phone, we would sit there quietly playing our game and occasionally i would be subjected to loud squeals of excitement. "OMG Hermione Granger just got divorced, le sigh guess she will never find love with having 6 ex husbands". This is followed by a firestorm of chatter and debate, who should Granger marry? A dashing sim fresh from a land far far away? A troubled neighbor with a dark past? Or that nasty old millionaire that lives in a mansion on a hill?

These days, we have both "grown up", moved on, we both got married and our lives have been hectic to say the least. We did however get to play now and then, and it is refreshing. How do you like to bond when playing ts2?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 11:50 PM
By coming back to the forum here
sadly I haven't been able to convince any of my close friends or family to actually play the game. Although my Mom expressed an interest in seeing my main custom hoods & of course my husband has graciously spent hours over the years, listening to me either bitch about glitches/crashes & me talking about my sims like they were actual people.
i have met a friend or two thru Sims2, bought a couple of the eps off of kijji & ended up staying in contact with a nice girl & her husband.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:19 AM
Ahhh..finding real life friends who know, and play the game..tis hard!
I have no friends...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:32 AM
I'm not very social. Sims is me-time, and having someone else there would bug me infinitely. And I definitely don't want input on what should happen. I decide that, no one else. And my stories are for me, which is why I don't share them in whats happening-thread. I might write something out if I feel like it in a thread, but only sporadically and if relevant to a topic.

The only way I share my Sims with people is by occasionally asking them to make a Sim or a house for me, because I like the variation. But that's it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:58 AM
That's nice. I don't know anyone in RL who plays sims 2 apart from my daughter although she would rather have sims 3 for the horses!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 2:01 AM
Yep! my children play too..but that's about it. I am not very sociable either..mostly because human stupidity annoys me.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#7 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:00 AM
I once made my sims paint a picture of my boyfriend but he got creeped out. That's pretty much it
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:13 PM
I used to have a friend that we used to actually hang out in person and build neighborhoods together. Haven't seen her in a long time, except on Facebook, and I know she's moved on to TS3.
Instructor
#9 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:40 PM
I don't actually have anyone to talk to about the sims..except on here of course And also if I do something like create a house I'm proud of, or a funny sim, or once I made my dog, then I'll tell my brother about it and sometimes boot up the game to show him. He once made his own neighbourhood, but he got bored of it quite quickly.

I know of a couple of people who play the sims 3, but other than that..I come to modthesims!

Bustin' Out!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 3:37 AM
I don't have a lot of friends that really enjoy the Sims, but when I do run into one that does, we usually just chat and joke about it... like joking about EA and The Sims 4, but we never really play The Sims together. Maybe if I can get a better laptop that I can bring to school or a coffee shop, then maybe I can play The Sims 2 with a bunch of friends. Right now the netbook I have can only support The Sims 1 Complete Collection, which, at least, is better than nothing, but it sometimes makes me look a bit "vintage".
Forum Resident
#11 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 5:07 AM
When I was younger, my sister and I would take turns playing TS2 and watch each other play when it wasn't our turn. That was really fun because she is way more into building than I am so sometimes she'd create houses for me.

When I was in college at the dorms, I remember I would take my laptop down to the basement when I was doing laundry and load up the sims in the hopes that a fellow simmer would notice and start up a conversation. However, all that ended up happening there was some guy making fun of my playing the sims. So, I stopped playing the sims so openly after that.

Now, I just go on here to discuss sims and occasionally my husband listens to what's going on in my sim's lives.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:23 PM
My son asked to make a family in one of my neighborhoods. He doesn't play often, but sometimes when I am on the computer, he will come up and say he wants to check on his Sim family. It is fun to do that with him.
#13 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:44 PM
Playing Sims 2 is usually my personal time. However, my sisters do enjoy playing my game but haven't in over a year because they're in college and I'm surprised they played as much as they did. We made our dream families in the same neighborhood and had some stories mix together which was fun. I always built their houses. I tell my best friend about things that happen in my game because she appreciates it the most even though she doesn't play. She only plays Sims 3 at one of the families' homes where she babysits. I used to keep quiet about playing Sims cause I thought people would think I'm weird, but that was stupid of me cause I should have known my friends wouldn't care. They think it's cool I like to build and design things and know I like making up crazy stories.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:59 PM
Hm, I've tried to get my boyfriend into Sims 2. The other computer with the UC installed in is actually our "shared" computer, but it's only really me who uses it because my laptop can no longer hold sims. I really wish he'd get into it, but I guess it's just not his thing. My friend also shows an interest, sometimes we would make ourselves as Sims and a few of our friends and just 'see what happens'. But that's rarely.
Me and My family use to have an amazing bond from Sims 2. When we first got it, I was about 9 and my sister was about 11. We'd sit and watch each other play sims for hours, and then when she was 12 she 'grew out of it' and stopped playing. My Mum would still listen to me tell all my stories about my neighbourhoods and what was going on, and she'd walk round the house singing the opening tune (but replacing the words with "nuh-nuh-nuh, nuh-nuh-nuh, nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh SIMS!") It was one of the things we use to bond with, because I was too old for dolls by this point (playing Sims all the way through my adolescence) so she liked seeing me dress up my little families, and finding custom clothing online. I'd always show her cute toddlers, and children. I swear she'd have a field day of she was alive when I found the baby hairstyles/clothing. Now that I live in Wales, I'd probably be facebooking her all the pictures I take of my baby/toddler Sims and telling her all about them.

Edit: I use to have another friend too, and when we were 14 she use to sleep at mine every weekend, and I had 2 computers (my own, and the family computer) and I'd install Sims 2 on the family computer and we'd both sit there and just play Sims all weekend, or we'd both sit around my computer and play if someone was on the family computer, and play for hours and write stories.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge