Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 5:41 AM
Default Will using the NPC and Townie Maker's "Kill All Townies" function corrupt game?
Help looked like an "My game is glitching, or acting weird, HELP!", and not a "I have an question regarding blah blah blah, help?", so I am very sorry if I placed this in the wrong place, I'm a bit new to the fourms even though being a lurker here for a while.
I'm using a Old Town sub-neighbourhood template, and I don't want annoying Pleasantview townies again, because the townies I have in my main neighbourhood are Pleasantview townies.
Using the NPC and Townie maker to create some townies from Sims 1 (I plan to have elder Mashuga townies), will the "Kill All Townies" function corrupt my neighbourhood, or will it just kill all of the townies normally?

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 6:11 AM
Have you looked into clean templates? It's neater, simpler, not potentially game breaking and you'll only have to do it once.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 12:05 PM
All you need to do to get a custom neighbourhood without the Pleasantview townies is to remove the Pleasantview template while you create the 'hood. The template can typically be found (on a Windows computer) at a location like C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N001. (The The Sims 2 folder may have a slightly different name -- mine is called The Sims 2 Double Deluxe because I started with Double Deluxe.)

You actually only need the Pleasantview template in place when you are creating a new Pleasantview or if you actually want the Pleasantview townies in your new custom 'hood. You don't actually need an empty template; no template at all works just as well if not better. I am indebted for this piece of information to the late and great mootilda.

If/when you remove the Pleasantview template, move it to somewhere safe, so you can easily put it back if you ever need to recreate Pleasantview.

There is certainly no need to create the Pleasantview townies and then kill them. I have them in Pleasantview and nowhere else.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 12:16 AM
Okay, I don't mean to be rude, but thank you for the clean templates, but i'm afraid it will erase all of my current games, and it dosen't anwser my question of if the NPC and Townie Maker's "Kill All Townies" function can corrupt my neighbourhood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 12:24 AM
Maybe because people don't know. Unless they really are killed, and for that you would have to gather them on one lot,see them die and have gravestones then yes it is probably safe. If the action of killing them mearly means they are gone without being on the lot, no gravestones, nothing; then it is probably deleting them and then you would have serous corruption issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snackmister
Okay, I don't mean to be rude, but thank you for the clean templates, but i'm afraid it will erase all of my current games, and it dosen't anwser my question of if the NPC and Townie Maker's "Kill All Townies" function can corrupt my neighbourhood.

I will say it will probably be a bad idea to use that for no one knows for sure.

If you do decide to kill off them make sure you don't kill the major NPC or you will not only corrupt your hoods but your game also.

ADD: These you need to leave alone and don't touch them in any way other than normal game play.

Grim Reaper
Social Bunny
Social Worker
Mrs. Crumplebottom
psychiatrist
car pool / bus drivers
Witch Doctor
Pollination Technicians (expect for Polli Tech #9 Smith, living in Strangetown)
Ideal Plantsim
Rod Humble

There may be more but I have ran out of memory for the time being.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#7 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snackmister

Clean templates, empty templates, or templates 100% gone from your game (I put mine in a folder somewhere else on the hard drive) will not affect any hoods that you already have created. Only new hoods will be affected.

I know that still doesn't answer your original question. I'm sorry. I'd trust marka93 on the answer to that one.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 1:51 AM
Wouldn't it be just like "delete all character" ?
It seems obvious to me.
There are other ways, that won't for sure, damage your game.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:13 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:40 AM
I can't see where that mentions the "Kill All Townies" cheat.

Rosebine, that is what we want to know. I never used this townie maker so I have no clue, but knowing what this game is like, I certainly would not risk it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:06 AM
Ah, alright. Because I can re-create my main family, I guess i'll try giving the clean template a shot.
I also created an custom test neighborhood to see how it would happen. I used the tool (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/NPC_and_Townie_Maker), and generated a townie to see how it would go.
Pressed "Kill....-townie name here-"
No death animation, no grave stone. The townie dissapeared. I'm sure this is an sign of deletion.
I had deleted the test neighborhood. I have my answer - It corrupts your neighbourhood, just like "deleteallcharacters", like Rosebine had said.
Thank you for replying to this, guys. It's pretty nice to have such a good community that's helpful.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 10:24 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 19th Nov 2014 at 10:37 AM.
@Snackmister, You want empty templates, or better still no template, rather than clean templates to create a 'hood without the Pleasantview townies. Tarlia's clean Pleasantview is excellent if you want to start a new clean Pleasantview, but it does include all the townies and most, if not all of the NPCs -- good if you want to play Pleasantview, but no good for a townie-free custom 'hood.

I used to use Argon's emply "Pleasantview" template from MATY, but for my last new 'hood, I simply removed the Pleasantview template completely as described in my post #3 above. (I put it back afterwards just in case I ever want to create a new Pleasantview.) Mootilda argued that the so-called empty templates weren't completely empty, and so might still contain data that could possibly corrupt a 'hood based on them. She discovered that the game would happily create a new 'hood without townies if she simply removed the Pleasantview template from her Program Files. I've tried it too and it does work. If you do use an empty template, the Argon one is emptier than most, as it's not even based on Pleasantview.

Best of luck with your new 'hood!

[EDIT] I can absolutely confirm what esmeiolanthe said in post #7. Using clean, empty and no templates has absolutely no effect on neighbourhoods you're already playing. I'm still playing the Sims I created the very first time I started up the game. There's no way I would have moved to clean and empty templates if it would have meant losing Andrew and Gloria!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 5:41 PM
The kill all townies cheat teleports all of the townies to the current lot. They don`t die. I tried it once in a test hood.
Instructor
#14 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 6:48 PM
You know, in relation, is there some sort of "clean template" for a brand new hood? Or a way to safely eradicate the stupid EAxis families that are shown in every single neighborhood no matter if you want them or not.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Theorist
#15 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 11:21 PM
"Clean templates" are the EAxis hoods with the EAxis families, only minus the corruption. The EAxis families will still show up in any new 'hood you create. The clean templates made by Tarlia/meetme2theriver are the absolute best out there: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal....0neighbourhoods

"Empty templates" are templates that have the map, hoods, lots, and 'hood decorations, but no sims. They will stop EAxis sims showing up in any new hood but will not remove them from any 'hoods that already exist. There are some empty templates by Jawusa on MTS that I believe are very well regarded: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

I use the method described here: http://esmeiolanthe.livejournal.com/131558.html . I call this method "blank templates." It will stop EAxis sims showing up in any new hood but will not remove them from any 'hoods that already exist. With this method, the EAxis hoods go away completely, so you can't add (for example) Bluewater Village to any hood. No downloads are required.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15