Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#251 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 10:15 AM
jon: And where, exactly, would the private messages link go on the right hand side? Theres nowhere for it to be.

Don't worry - you'll get used to it. I have zero plans to allow people to switch it back.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#252 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Sometimes something new gets posted in the news ticker. You notice it's there just as it's flashing away. Then you need to wait until everything else cycles through and it comes back before you can read it.

It would be nice to have a way to scroll backwards and forwards through the items on it.

Done. I've added little left and right arrows that scroll through the content in the news ticker.

Alchemist
#253 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 4:35 PM
In the feedback forum, it would be very helpful if there were eg. tickboxes so people can choose what type of creations they want to help with, (sims, houses, etc.) instead of trying to rummage through a whole list :D

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#254 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 6:47 PM
Beata125: Unfortunately, checkboxes aren't possible, but I can, however, make it so that the categories are more applicable to the type of feedback - Lots and Housing, Sims, and Other. Nice suggestion

Alchemist
#255 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 1:27 PM
Thank you Delphy

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Field Researcher
#256 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 10:06 PM
OH it's all so pretty and easy to use! I love it ! I love it all!
Lab Assistant
#257 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 2:54 PM Last edited by TatianaEstelle : 27th Oct 2009 at 2:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to add stuff
I don't know if someone has already posted this...but when I was on the site the other day, the internet explorer window closed by itself and told me that some "malicious software" was trying to be installed on my computer. I don't know if you have already fixed this. Maybe something is hiding on your site?

Ps: my computer is fine, and MTS was the only web site I was on at the time.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Site Helper
#258 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 3:29 PM
That was probably the ugo ad. Sometimes they get one that they have to talk to ugo about.

It helps if you can get the url of whatever ad is trying to show up when things go wrong, but it is understandable that you couldn't.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#259 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 4:21 PM
Without the URL of the ad, we can't do anything about it - ads are served with some degree of location-specificity. Additionally, there have been instances of people thinking something was being served from us that turned out to be spyware spoofing our ads, so we'd really need to know which ad and page you were on here to do anything about it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
#260 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 11:13 PM
I would suggest putting challenge themes on our profiles, that way people browsing our profiles, as well as ourselves can easily find something that was submitted to a challenge theme, instead of the challenge themes in our profiles being grouped according to the type of item it is, they could be grouped as challenge themes.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#261 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 3:26 AM
Okay, so I have it set to where I'm auto-subscribed to threads once I post on them, which is lovely...but is there a way to make it so it won't auto-subscribe to download threads once you comment on them as well? I mean, I may love the download, but I don't care about everyone else's comment on it.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#262 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 9:50 AM
daluved1: Theres no differentiation currently regarding downloads or non downloads - they are both threads to the system. I could probably add a checkbox for it - but it'll be a while as I am busy with RL stuff.

Banned
#263 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 7:40 PM
There is a site I go to called simsafe2.com, and they have this feature which I really love. Of course this site is a very small site, and I don't know if it would be appropiate for mts or not, but it's thanks on every post. Like on this post I am posting now, and on every single post on the entire site, you have a thanks button. On simsafe2.com it shows who all thanked the posts, but I think on mts, maybe it would just be appropriate to show the number of thanks per post only. You could extend the post thanks from downloads section to every single post made. Of course it's totally up to you if you want to implement something like this, and I don't know how difficult it would be. I think it's an excellent idea, and it's one of the main reasons I still visit simsafe2.com today.
Alchemist
#264 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
There is a site I go to called simsafe2.com, and they have this feature which I really love. Of course this site is a very small site, and I don't know if it would be appropiate for mts or not, but it's thanks on every post. Like on this post I am posting now, and on every single post on the entire site, you have a thanks button. On simsafe2.com it shows who all thanked the posts, but I think on mts, maybe it would just be appropriate to show the number of thanks per post only. You could extend the post thanks from downloads section to every single post made. Of course it's totally up to you if you want to implement something like this, and I don't know how difficult it would be. I think it's an excellent idea, and it's one of the main reasons I still visit simsafe2.com today.

Did you ever click the "thanks" buttons on MATY? I think you should try it. Obviously this isn't MATY but the result sums up MY (irrelevant!) feelings on thanks buttons.
Banned
#265 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 9:22 PM
no I really don't go to MATY, unless I'm looking for a hack to see if it's been made before I share it everywhere. I'm not even a member at MATY.
#266 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 4:29 AM
Would it be possible to add a search function to the WCIF section alone? I think there would be less threads posted if one could easily search to see if what they need has already bee posted.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#267 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 4:42 AM
I like that suggestion, Vampire_of_Death. If it doesn't get implemented - or until it does - you can use the "Search this Forum" dropdown near the top right of the WCIF section to search only threads in that forum. Making it more visible is a good idea though.
Lab Assistant
#268 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 7:54 PM
Yes I agree that is a very good idea

Go Jason English!! 1st place 24hr Solo mountain Bike world Champs! :)
Banned
#269 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 4:28 AM
I just had an idea yesterday. On you profile where it says favorite mts creators, and fav mts uploads, you could also have a section for favorite sims sites. And it could include links to all your favorite sims sites. It would be really cool if you could assosciate it with a text easily like you do in posting when you go advanced. Like you could say favorite sims sites:

Insimenator
Site Helper
#270 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 5:40 PM
That would be cool!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#271 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 6:06 PM
joninmobile: Hrm... I fail to see why we, MTS, should deliberately encourage people to go to other sims sites from the profile

Theres enough links to other sites from downloads (custom content, etc) and the forums, that I don't feel we need to clutter up the profiles with non-MTS site lists.

If you really wanted to, you could put it in your About Me box, but I'm not going to add a seperate box for it.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#272 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 6:10 PM
A lot of people already link to other sites they're involved with in their signatures - this has more visibility; and, to be honest, I can't imagine anyone would have enough other sites to link to to justify a box without making it terribly spammy.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#273 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 10:58 PM
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for letting everyone have a bit of input/say. Its great!

My suggestion is, and I apologise if its totally ridiculous etc, but one of my main issues is trying to comprehend some of the terminology in tutorials. So, I thought it would be handy if there was a 'dictrionary for dummies' where users could drop a few words or terms that they're unfamiliar with and get an explanation. Eventually there would be a pretty decent reference for dummies like myself that want to learn how to create etc, but give up becuase they can't get their head around it.

Perhaps this could get too complex, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.

Thanks & and thanks for an already fab website!

M
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#274 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 11:16 PM
Modding Glossarywiki

It should probably be more prominently linked to, though.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#275 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 10:49 AM
Thanks whiterider!

Thats what I meant! :-)
Page 11 of 15