Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 9:13 AM
Default Brown-ish Modern House
Hi, everyone.
I want to ask your opinion about this house. I haven't furnish it yet. But, what do you think?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 10:29 AM
I like the style of your modern houses in general but this one is huge. The rooms look huge too, so I'm glad you're planning on furnishing it because that really helps with perspective. I would break up the bedrooms and add in another 1 or 2 rooms. And though modern houses tend to go for large windows I think you also have to balance that with privacy too. The large expanses of windows are a little too much, especially the one at the front, I would break it up a bit. I like what you've done with the pool area but it is too large, in my opinion. There is no green space, try to leave some green space for landscaping (even modern houses have landscaped gardens). I quite often google gardens for inspiration.

Of course all that I've posted above is my opinion, others may have differing opinions. Keep going because that house has the potential to be great!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 10:56 AM
The first thing I noticed was the pool, it looks as large as the house on the overhead. I would make that smaller with some landscaping and usable land, because all though it's a large lot the way it's laid out doesn't leave room for a BBQ area or even space to relax by their pool. Same thing with inside, it's large but again not with as much usable space as it looks to be on the outside.

I would remove the windows in front of that spiral staircase with just a smaller one each side. That's too much glass and stairs looks kind of ugly there. Do they end on the roof? That will not be weather proof.

I like the front and the shape of the house. I think with a better lay out and more usable outside space with landscaping it could be a lovely house.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 2:49 PM
It looks more like apartments than a residence to me. I'm not sure the rooms are a practical shape. The deck over the pool and the roof substituting for a yard are interesting, but I think are the reason it says "apartment" to me. It's the sort of house you build when you want outdoor space but due to the density of development or whatever have to have a house footprint almost the same size as your lot.

I would also want access to that island in the pool, which is cool.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 11:41 AM
Dasa biiiiig pool! rooms are too big. you should break it up to smaller ones or use partitions. It'll be hard to fill 'em up even if fully furnished. I like the idea of having the jacuzzi in the middle of the pool but i wish you'd put something that can be used on the other side. maybe a mini bar? lots of rich folks put mini bars near pools in the off chance that someone drowns because they're too drunk to swim...