Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 6:05 PM
Default Useless Memories
"A big graduation party? It's a nice thing to remember.
The first time you saw your wife? I guess that's also notable.

But having a tray dropped on you? Accidentally burning your food? That's what you're going to remember?"

What are the silliest memories, in your opinion, that Sims can get? A few from the top of my head are the "Got Tray Dropped On Me", "Burnt $Subject" etc.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 6:12 PM
I remember when I get trays dropped on me, because you just don't expect it when you're having a nice meal out. It makes an impression. And when I burn food. Just the other day, my toaster got stuck and didn't spit out my Scotch pancakes. When I eventually freed them, they were solid black frisbees. It's amazing really, the silly things you remember, but they add a little realism to our sims.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 6:55 PM
I was a little disappointed when one of my sims didn't get a memory for having Woohoo with 10 different people. But he did get the "Was the Big Man on campus" memory that I always forget exists from befriending that 10th woohoobuddy, so that was even better.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 8:37 PM
One of the memories that bugs me is the one grandparents get when their grandchildren are born. Worded as it is, it is as if they met the grandbabies when perhaps they never seen the kids in their lives, and perhaps never actually meet them. The memory itself is a good one, but the wording is off and therefore can be inaccurate. I think they should have worded it differently and then had a special meeting memory when they actually met.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:23 PM
I dislike the "Learned How to Make (Food)" memories. They only appear on certain Sims for certain foods - and honestly, I don't really care. You really don't need to know the recipe for everything by heart in order to be a great cook, right?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:26 PM
The "Made out with ____" I guess it's realistic but you just made out, the first kiss them makes sense. But I mean.

Hi.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:44 PM
Quite frankly, the constant memories of meeting new people bother me, since the game makes no distinction between meeting the person who you've been set up on a blind date with, and meeting the person who shows you to your table. And really, how many of you honestly remember when you met people? Even if they become important to you, you oftentimes can't recall when they first made an appearance in your life.
#8 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 12:05 AM
The "Met Sim" memories get annoying after awhile, especially if they're just townies a Sim met at the grocery store. :P
Forum Resident
#9 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 12:26 AM
I usually just use the batbox to delete those memories, along with the Had First Kiss with Mystery Sim and the Move In memories.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 12:28 AM
Some family member they've never even met "Grew up well", or "got an A" --stupid.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roseblossom90
I usually just use the batbox to delete those memories, along with the Had First Kiss with Mystery Sim and the Move In memories.

Or the Boiling Oil mod that deals with such memories. What I also like about that mod is that my Sims can gossip as well, but the memory isn't recorded. (At least, I don't think it is. I don't see it in Sim PE.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 1:15 AM
Sim's first meeting with a pet was when the highly aggressive pet beat the crap out of them. Directly after the 'I haz hurt. That sim better watch out' memory is 'I just met a new pet and it was great! I can't wait to meet another' ... What, are you a masochist or something?
Scholar
#13 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 2:57 AM
I don't know, some of the memories make sense, some don't ;

The "had [X] or "met new grandchild [X]" one can make sense; even if a parent or grandparent has never met the child or grandchild, their baby mama/child could easily call them up and tell them about the birth, and so the memory comes that way.

The "burning food" memories seem superfluous; I mean, how many people remember every time they burn food?

It's also weird when family members they don't know get memories of their accomplishments; then again, it could be explained by the "somebody called them" situation

Getting a memory every time you make-out with someone is odd; I mean, the first time you made out makes sense, but every time?

The "vermin" memory I find annoying, particularly because you keep getting it until the kill the roaches off
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 3:10 AM
I use Boiling Oils mod and the Bat Box to clear out most things. My sims only have a few memories.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#15 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 4:22 AM
The vermin ones. I mean, who honestly remembers every single time you encounter a cockroach? Especially considering the darned memory will spam ten times before the exterminator finally comes to get rid of them.
Scholar
#16 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Or the Boiling Oil mod that deals with such memories. What I also like about that mod is that my Sims can gossip as well, but the memory isn't recorded. (At least, I don't think it is. I don't see it in Sim PE.)

Yes, that's how it is supposed to work.
I have that mod, not because I hate the memories (they're unnecesary but they do not bother me too much) but because BO said this way gossip won't be recorded and you avoid the risk of corruption which is related to it.
So, yes.
Theorist
#17 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 8:28 AM
Having memories of every new food they eat. Doesn't matter if it were burnt, spoiled or whatever, they're content to shove it into their little memento box. It wouldn't be so bad to have memories if they actually learned from the bad ones. ( Sim: I didn't bother to study mechanical when mom always nagged "you'll be sorry you didn't"!) (I kissed the neighbor's wife, oops, better not do that again. (until the next chance meeting)) ('Goose'd Mrs. Crumblebottom' . . . 'Smack' hmm, does that mean she liked it or not? . . . Let's try again and see . . . )

"Memories, light the corners of my mind - If we had the chance to do it all again tell me - Would we? Could we?" Yes, yes they could and yes they would!
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 8:36 AM
And let us not forget how EA simply went crazy over "Ate Grilled Cheese!" memory. It appears every time the Sim eats grilled cheese, and the Sim constanly rolls wants to eat grilled cheese.

I have few townies in my current neighborhood, so Met Sim memories play somehow a significant role in the chronology if one was to take a look at Sim's memories. Moved In and Out are also nice, but since nothing really happens between those two memories I only tend to keep Moved Out one ("goodbye old life, hello new!").
Scholar
#19 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
And let us not forget how EA simply went crazy over "Ate Grilled Cheese!" memory. It appears every time the Sim eats grilled cheese, and the Sim constanly rolls wants to eat grilled cheese.

I've always assumed that those Sims are simply nuts.
What kind of person thinks about eating grilled cheese all the time? And wants to eat it, for lunch, for dinner... and for breakfast? And talk only about grilled cheese? And invite everybody to eat grilled cheese?
So I guess that kind of person could remember every single time they ate it. Delightful memories!
Scholar
#20 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 8:15 PM
I hate the one where they Pass Out, like, if you're unconscious, how're you supposed to remember yourself passing out?
Yes, I know people can tell you, but Sims can't tell other Sims they Passed Out!

Edit:
I don't like the Met Sim memory, especially for Townies who come up and Tell A Joke or Water Balloon Fight! me constantly, because I haven't even met them, they've just boosted my Fun bar!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 3:05 AM
Since I play a megahood, I find the met sim memory quite useful. Upon opening a house for the first time in the rotation I look at who they've met since the last time I played them. Frequently it'll be someone with story potential. But after I've looked, I use the batbox and delete all the met sim memories, because I don't need to keep them for the future! I just need to see who they were socializing with in the background while I was playing someone else.
"Oh, look, Daniel Pleasant met Carlos Contender. And they didn't hit it off. Did they play on rival teams at some point?"

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#22 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
I hate the one where they Pass Out, like, if you're unconscious, how're you supposed to remember yourself passing out?
Yes, I know people can tell you, but Sims can't tell other Sims they Passed Out!

Edit:
I don't like the Met Sim memory, especially for Townies who come up and Tell A Joke or Water Balloon Fight! me constantly, because I haven't even met them, they've just boosted my Fun bar!

I have passed out multiple times in my life and I remember it. I don't remember being unconscious of course, but I remember the beginning of losing consciousness as well as waking up.

Scholar
#23 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Roseblossom90
I have passed out multiple times in my life and I remember it. I don't remember being unconscious of course, but I remember the beginning of losing consciousness as well as waking up.

That's what I mean, and Sims are of course not as intelligent as proper humans, and probably won't remember passing out, maybe just themselves falling down they should.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 11:04 AM
I hate the memories spamming my Sims's memory box. The met Sim memory is under control, since I refuse townies. But it's getting on my nerves that every relative gets a memory if someone gets an A+. And a normal Sim gets every day an A+ and this for most of their child and teenager time. Another annoying one is the relatives got engaged or the new family member memory.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 2:18 PM
I don't disagree that most of the memories people are describing as stupid are indeed such, but I don't look at the memories enough to be bothered by it.
Page 1 of 2